Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QUARTZ - Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unfortunately, xbmc is forcing skin split to Dharma and pre Eden (you are on pre Eden aka nightly build) regardless of a fact that Quartz runs on both.... Anyways, I'll prepare a fix for this "broken" problem soon.

As I don't have time to support both in parallel, this means next release will be pre Eden (nightly builds) only. I'll try to leave current version in place for Dharma users.
Cool - thanks P.
Lightened fanart. I can't go more than this or text becomes unreadable:

Same thing but different button:

Question is, which button to use?
Wow, what skin is that? Wink
First button, it's more "minimal". Big Grin
pecinko Wrote:Unfortunately, xbmc is forcing skin split to Dharma and pre Eden (you are on pre Eden aka nightly build) regardless of a fact that Quartz runs on both.... Anyways, I'll prepare a fix for this "broken" problem soon.

As I don't have time to support both in parallel, this means next release will be pre Eden (nightly builds) only. I'll try to leave current version in place for Dharma users.

Thanks man !

Can't wait to try it out. Big Grin
Japaja Wrote:First button, it's more "minimal". Big Grin

Yeah I agree.
I prefer the second, v similar to apple buttons
tomwrob Wrote:I prefer the second, v similar to apple buttons

True, but this skin isn't an apple tv clone and from those new screenshots its becoming even more obvious. Also gloss is so last year. Smile
Hi,

I'm using the June 3rd nightly on Ubuntu/Natty.

When using the "Import video library" feature, I get a screen that looks like this:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Simian60/Dr...3695752818

Where the update text is not cleared before being overwritten, and the screen itself seems to be overwritten (at least the alpha'd bits get more solid).

No idea if this if a skin or a core xbmc problem.

Cheers,

Simon.
Thank you for such a beautiful skin. Keep it up!
Simian Wrote:Where the update text is not cleared before being overwritten, and the screen itself seems to be overwritten (at least the alpha'd bits get more solid).

No idea if this if a skin or a core xbmc problem.

Thanks for reporting. My guess is this could be skin related. I'll take a look.
Japaja Wrote:True, but this skin isn't an apple tv clone and from those new screenshots its becoming even more obvious. Also gloss is so last year. Smile

Wholeheartedly agree that it isn't a ATV replica, but I still prefer the gloss. It looks so much glossier!

On a side note, I think it would be useful to try & get this skin featured, to raise awareness. I imagine there are a lot of iOS users who are looking for a light-weight, fast running skin, and being put off by laggy skins. Quartz has so much to offer.

Could we get a feature on the XMBC homepage, linking with a iOS update (there are so few updates these days), or an article on lifehacker?
tomwrob Wrote:Wholeheartedly agree that it isn't a ATV replica, but I still prefer the gloss. It looks so much glossier!

There's a saying in my language... u don't discuss tastes. Think it's the equivalent of phrase to each his own.

tomwrob Wrote:On a side note, I think it would be useful to try & get this skin featured, to raise awareness. Could we get a feature on the XBMC homepage, linking with a iOS update..

That would be great. Maybe after pecinko release this new version he's been preparing, but I have no idea who to ask/contact about posting it as news on main page or if it even works that way. Also it's not just iOS users that benefit from it being fast and lightweight, I use it on my PC and get the same experience in comparison to other skins. Smile
tomwrob Wrote:On a side note, I think it would be useful to try & get this skin featured, to raise awareness.

I guess the first step is to get a section in the skin specific forum - to that end please go add your support to this thread-

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post812831

TBH - most of the discussion in this thread shouldnt really be had in this way as this is the developers section, so it would be really great to get a proper place to chat about Quartz and everyone's own ways of modding this great flexible skin!
I prefer the 2nd glossy button style.