Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi not updating library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, I'm running Kodi Alpha4 & can't get it to pickup my media folders.
I have two partitions on the same drive called E:\Movies & F:\TVshows.

Pretty sure its setup right as I got a new Intel Nuc today with a fresh install of Win8 & Kodi,
It works fine in previous versions Gotham etc.

Is it a bug? I used to think it was just me but now I have a second freshly setup machine failing to scan the drives.
Are the folders locally or are they SMB-Shares?

Could you please provide a Debug Log after trying to set the folders up as a source?
Thanks for the reply David.
The folders are local. A pair of partitions on a external USB3 drive.

In the log file, I get alot of errors like in the sample below...
13:59:04 T:4872 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'E:\Toy.Story.3\' does not exist - skipping scan.
13:59:04 T:4872 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'E:\Trainspotting\' does not exist - skipping scan.

Its reading the folder names as you can see, but then claiming they don't exist.
Are the movies in a folder or at the root of a drive? Where did you set content? Scraper settings (folder names for lookup)?
Ah, I see what's going wrong now.

The files are in E:\Movies\Trainspotting\ not E:\Trainspotting\ like listed in the xbmc log.

I added them via Videos-Add source-browse-set content. Same method that works fine in Gotham.
I've fixed it but I was wrong about my folder locations. It seems they were all just dumped in the root. I created a folder & moved them into it.
Now Kodi picks them up again.

Dunno if this is a bug or something intentional? Like I said before, the same setup worked under Gotham.
Do you have .nfo files in any of these directories? If so, try deleting the .nfo files and updating the library.
(2014-10-15, 19:29)runwaypimp Wrote: [ -> ]I've fixed it but I was wrong about my folder locations. It seems they were all just dumped in the root. I created a folder & moved them into it.
Now Kodi picks them up again.

Dunno if this is a bug or something intentional? Like I said before, the same setup worked under Gotham.

(2014-10-16, 17:45)SheHateMe Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have .nfo files in any of these directories? If so, try deleting the .nfo files and updating the library.

@SheHateMe
Read what he said, he fixed it.

@runwaypimp please mark thread as fixed, full Edit main post and select solved issue from drop down menu to left of subject line.