Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Nexus Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But you are aware that Navi-X and alike are illegal in most countries, are you?
(2014-12-28, 18:09)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]But you are aware that Navi-X and alike are illegal in most countries, are you?

Yes I understand copyright laws, and so do most people who use Kodi.
(2014-12-25, 12:27)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Please try this native x86 build and report on stability: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...11-x86.apk
Finally had a chance to test this today. 3 hours of live TV. No crashes. Thank you!

(And out of curiosity, what did you change?)
(2014-12-25, 12:27)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]Please try this native x86 build and report on stability: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...11-x86.apk

So far, so good! I did a little test last night: I've found that if I pause a video with other versions, given 15 minutes to an hour Kodi would crash back to the launch screen. So last night, I played 15 minutes of a movie, paused it, and went to bed. This morning it was still sitting exactly where I left it!

Thanks for the incredible work so far. Will donate some cash to the project.
Thanks to a Reddit posting I download the Multilanguage Keymap Redefiner from the Play Store to the NP. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner
This allowed me to map the extra buttons I needed, now the Contextual menu will come up with no requirement for mouse movement or Right Click Use, and I also mapped the "T" button for control of Subtitles.
I had to do this twice, as the Keymap App created two profiles for some reason and seems to switch between them. It all works fine even after rebooting.

There are still limitations with using the ChinaVision CVSB-983 profile and IR receiver with the Harmony. Most of the non use buttons on the ChinaVision are a multi button command, such as Control or Alt and another button. This makes mapping them to another command a complete miss.
That leaves only a couple of buttons that are single commands. So I mapped "Tab" to "C" and "Mute" to "T".

For anyone reading this in the future, here are the commands of have working with my Harmony 650 and the ChinaVision CVSB-983 Profile. I don;t have the Nexus Player as a listed device in the harmony software, as there is no need, I call the ChinaVision Nexus instead.
the CV buttons first, their Kodi command and what Harmony button I used.

Screen Buttons:
Mute = "T" = Subs On/Off
Power Toggle = Power Off (No re-mapping required, will not power it back on)

Hard Buttons:

WWW = NP Menu = Menu (No re-mapping required)
Esc = Exit = Exit (No re-mapping required)
Backspace = Back = Previous Channel
Tab = "C" = Guide
Play, Pause, Stop, FF, RW, Up, Down, Left, Right, OK, Page Up & Page Down - All work normally, no remapping required.
Next Track = [ (Left bracket) Skip Forward 10 mins
Prev Track = ] (Right bracket) Skip Backwards 10 mins

Every other button on the ChinaVision remote is basically useless as it is a multi command prompt. The Switch Window button has a similar result to WWW, but cases a message. Do NOT touch the Numb Lock button, it causes nothing but problems.

Hopefully the Kodi Add-On Keymap Editor will work with the NP in the future, and I can see id it can work with these other buttons. I would like to be able to scroll through the subs and have the Info button, but they are not deal breakers that is for sure.
Three times now I have turned on the TV in the morning and the NP has lost its WiFi (5Ghz) connection. I will be swapping to an ethernet connection when a hub I have ordered arrives, but until that time has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to stop it from happening.
I have no issue in getting it to reconnect straight away, but it is little steps like this that stop it from being 100% wife friendly.

I also notice that it takes about 30-45 seconds to truly wake up and respond to the IR inputs.
(2014-12-31, 09:07)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]Three times now I have turned on the TV in the morning and the NP has lost its WiFi (5Ghz) connection. I will be swapping to an ethernet connection when a hub I have ordered arrives, but until that time has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to stop it from happening.
I have no issue in getting it to reconnect straight away, but it is little steps like this that stop it from being 100% wife friendly.

I also notice that it takes about 30-45 seconds to truly wake up and respond to the IR inputs.

I haven't looked into the USB options much. Can you add a hub and multiple USB devices? I'm wondering if you could use an IR adapter and a USB flash drive for additional storage at the same time. Also, would you even need a special cable for that?
(2014-12-31, 09:43)KeithLM Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add a hub and multiple USB devices?

Yes, depending on the devices attached as to wether or not you need a powered hub. I have this dual one on order - http://www.ebay.com/itm/271667832195?var...1497.l2649
There are several reviews on this and some YouTube videos, see this one for example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0xHvjuDk68
I am running the x86 version of the Kodi 14 stable and it seems to be mostly ok in the sense that it no longer crashes... But there are still some strange issues that occasionally occur. It seems to randomly decide to pause video and I also noticed that if I have YouTube running and then go back to Kodi (using XBMC Launcher, so hitting the home button) that the pause/play button will register with both apps. The result is that when I pause a video in Kodi it pauses but then a few seconds later YouTube opens and starts playing a video. This also tends to result in Kodi being garbage collected so it has to start up fresh again.

(2014-12-31, 09:07)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: [ -> ]Three times now I have turned on the TV in the morning and the NP has lost its WiFi (5Ghz) connection. I will be swapping to an ethernet connection when a hub I have ordered arrives, but until that time has anyone else had this problem and do you know how to stop it from happening.

I have had no problems with my NP dropping Wifi on 5Ghz.
I switched back over to the ARM version and all is well in the universe again.
Did you try the x86 test build that was posted a few pages back? It is working flawlessly for me.
(2015-01-02, 18:10)grooves12 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try the x86 test build that was posted a few pages back? It is working flawlessly for me.

No, I haven't but is there any downside to using the ARM version? I don't notice any performance difference.
If you want the latest special x86 build for Helix please go to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=1876039
We will be special patching the Helix release for x86 to contain the mentioned fixes by koying
Thanks a lot for your work, will try that ASAP.
Thanks for all the hard work. Do we have a time frame for that special patch?