Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Google Nexus Player
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks a lot @Hiphopopotamus!

It seems the Google Nexus Player can't be recommended for h.264 Hi10P Anime HD playback. That's not entirely surprising as Hi10P is quite demanding for the CPU. I was actually surprised the SATV managed to play the 1080p sample! It's the first ARM CPU that I hear being capable of doing so...
As per screen shots posted in the Shield thread, easy to see why, the NP is having its CPU pushed to 100% frequently.
I would suggest that people state what version of android they're using when issuing responses. ALOT of issues have been fixed in Android M.

One thing that might be of import to some people using KODI is that in Android M you can use external storage as internal storage. You have to format the USB stick as internal storage in Storage setting, this means that it's encrypted and you wont be able to use the storage device on another computer. After that you can move any installed app you want to the USB storage using the APPS option in settings. Works for everything I tried so far, and for KODI it works great. But when chosing a USB memory don't go with a cheap one, Sandisk extreme series USB2/3 works the best in my experience. I have to say that i've gotten more and more pleased with Android M.
I just got my Nexus Player in the mail yesterday... Installed K15RC1 and uninstalled everything but Netflix... what kind of tweaks are people performing for normal Kodi usage/playback? The options available within the OS seem very limited.
I would like to edit my keymap.xml so that when I'm on the main menu on Kodi and I press the back button I quit to the Leanback Launcher main menu. Does anybody know what code to put in in order to achieve this?
O_dog, is Android M pretty stable at this time? I ve been wanting to install it and try it out, and also to install a larger drive.
(2015-07-08, 01:36)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to edit my keymap.xml so that when I'm on the main menu on Kodi and I press the back button I quit to the Leanback Launcher main menu. Does anybody know what code to put in in order to achieve this?
I implemented that in spmc (with a double back) and it was not popular, to say the least...
If there is any traction for this, I could make it an option or a keymap action in Kodi?
(2015-07-08, 05:36)benitoemr81 Wrote: [ -> ]O_dog, is Android M pretty stable at this time? I ve been wanting to install it and try it out, and also to install a larger drive.

Yeah it's stable but the voice commands on the nexus remote does not work. I would say, go for it. You can easily downgrade if you don't like it.
(2015-07-08, 07:45)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-08, 01:36)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to edit my keymap.xml so that when I'm on the main menu on Kodi and I press the back button I quit to the Leanback Launcher main menu. Does anybody know what code to put in in order to achieve this?
I implemented that in spmc (with a double back) and it was not popular, to say the least...
If there is any traction for this, I could make it an option or a keymap action in Kodi?

I would like to see this get implemented since as of right now, there are a lot of clicks to do just in order to quit Kodi. This is while using Confluence. I also prefer just to do two quick clicks rather than scroll to my custom quit menu on the skin I'm using, Arctic Zephyr. I don't know why you got flak for this since I think double back makes a lot of sense.
Can someone with a nexus player tell me if it can pass DTS and DD to a receiver?
(2015-07-09, 01:36)Deihmos Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone with a nexus player tell me if it can pass DTS and DD to a receiver?

Yep, passthrough works perfectly for me.
(2015-07-08, 20:09)radicalonions Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-08, 07:45)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]

I would like to see this get implemented since as of right now, there are a lot of clicks to do just in order to quit Kodi. This is while using Confluence. I also prefer just to do two quick clicks rather than scroll to my custom quit menu on the skin I'm using, Arctic Zephyr. I don't know why you got flak for this since I think double back makes a lot of sense.

I'd also like to see this or a similar simple exit method implemented.

Can I also suggest a "click n' hold" to access right-click menus; really missing having access to the submenus.
If you change shutdown action to "Quit" in Kodi's system settings then I think this will work:

Code:
<keymap>
  <Home>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>shutdown</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </home>
</keymap>
Probably, but the idea is to do a "minimize", the standard android way, when doing a back on home. The doubling is just to avoid accidental exits.

It should indeed be a mappable action, though.
question... with the simple 4(?) button remote, how can you edit existing Video library entries? Is there something I am missing, or do I need to connect an actual keyboard to the unit to edit their information?