Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 13.2 crashes on startup on OS X 10.10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow XBMC users,

I'm having some issues, as out of the blue my XBMC install started crashing on startup. I'm running XBMC 13.2 64-bit and OS X 10.10 on a MacBook Pro, the issues started about a week ago while I was still running the Yosemite beta. I hope I'm including all the important info!

Here is my debug log

And this is the data displayed on the OS X crash report window

Thanks!

EDIT: Corrected version, it's 13.2, not 12.3
I believe you meant you're running XBMC 13.2 right? That's what your logs show. Looks like I'll hold off a bit before trying Yosemite.Undecided
(2014-10-17, 16:27)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]I believe you meant you're running XBMC 13.2 right? That's what your logs show. Looks like I'll hold off a bit before trying Yosemite.Undecided

Yes, it's 13.2, not 12.3, that's what I get for trying to type too quickly!
I'm just +1 ing here, upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, and 13.1 failed to start, have removed and tried both the current GD and the most recent nightlies, I get a crash on startup...

any ideas ?

regards, Will

have the log if anyone can tell me how to attach it ?[/quote]
(2014-10-20, 18:22)willplaice Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just +1 ing here, upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, and 13.1 failed to start, have removed and tried both the current GD and the most recent nightlies, I get a crash on startup...

any ideas ?

regards, Will

have the log if anyone can tell me how to attach it ?

Crash report and debug logs are a must for something like this. Since very few people are reporting any problems it's likely something with your system. Not saying I know anything about this, but neither will anyone else without those logs. Honestly I would probably start a new thread for this as well. More likely to get noticed.
at least in my case, the issue persists even after clean installing the latest stable XBMC.

hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than me notices something in the logs, as a full clean install of Yosemite is not really in the cards right now.