Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FireTV - Can't get local SMB streaming to work on both 13.2 and latest nightlies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I can't seem to get XBMC to work properly. Plex works fine but I'm trying to get local streaming to work but having issues. My media is on a Win 8.1 machine on SMB share. I tried version 13.2 -- At first everything is fine but then sometime later the transfer rate just keeps getting slower and slower until the movie keeps buffering. I monitor the bandwidth coming from the Windows machine and can see it gradually get slower and slower. I have to reboot the ATV to fix this. Rebooting my router or Windows machine has no effect.

I also tried the latest Kodi nightlies. This is also broken for me. As soon as I open up the SMB share and go to my movies list, the ATV starts pulling data from my SMB. I didn't even play the movie yet, so I have no idea what is being transferred. I'm only at the video list before it starts transferring data. I can see the bandwidth being maxed out for no reason, and if I play a movie it will buffer constantly because there's not enough bandwidth.

Anyone have any idea about these issues?
may want to search for xbmc buffering, and look for some examples of it in action, but here is the info on some settings you can try…

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

there are some network settings in the advanced settings xml file you can add for the system that may help.

I had some buffering with my setup, not using smb but using nfs and adding the settings for my advanced settings file made a huge difference.