Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenWeatherMap Extended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Hi!

Can some1 tell me where i can find the id of a weather station.

In the Addon i´ve chosen my city and the addon shows me an id.

When i check the map of openweathermap i can see that there is a weather station 50 mtrs. from my home.

On the weather underground site i was able to see all stations near by my place. hmmm

Plz some1 help!

Thx!

b0mb
@ b0mb

maybe this has the answer all in one http://78.46.48.103/sys
(2014-12-10, 11:20)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@ b0mb

maybe this has the answer all in one http://78.46.48.103/sys

Is the point where the weathericon appears on the map the point where the weatherstation stands?
(2014-12-10, 08:15)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note... I tried to use xbmclogs but it gave me a content censored error. Does anybody know why that could be?

I believe that's the error it gives when the log file is too large. You have to disable any sort of library scanning to keep the log file as small as possible.
(2014-12-10, 08:15)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]I have been getting some random errors with this on startup and sometimes when I return to the home screen. I believe it happens when the addon is refreshing data for the maps like temperature, wind, and so on. It happens intermittently so I wasn't sure if it was something on my end but it looks like it might have something to do with that. Here is my Log.

Thanks

My error is the same. Win 7 x64 running Kodi RC3.

01:35:41 T:2368 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('wind',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 991, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 318, in forecast
hourly_props(hourly_weather, daynum)
File "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\weather.openweathermap.extended\default.py", line 749, in hourly_props
set_property('Hourly.%i.WindDirection' % (count+1), xbmc.getLocalizedString(WIND_DIR(int(round(item['wind']['deg'])))))
KeyError: ('wind',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

Full log - http://pastebin.com/d5xAeNTm
(2014-12-10, 15:51)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-10, 08:15)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note... I tried to use xbmclogs but it gave me a content censored error. Does anybody know why that could be?

I believe that's the error it gives when the log file is too large. You have to disable any sort of library scanning to keep the log file as small as possible.

Thanks for the suggestion but my log file is only 160KB and contains only startup, error, and shutdown so I don't think that size is the issue.
(2014-12-11, 02:11)mikesilvo164 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-10, 15:51)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the suggestion but my log file is only 160KB and contains only startup, error, and shutdown so I don't think that size is the issue.

In that case pastebin is a good alternative to xbmclogs.com
Thanks for the nice add-on!

How can I add more locations then 5?
(2014-12-28, 23:35)pdo65 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the nice add-on!

How can I add more locations then 5?

you can't. it's limited to 5 in this addon.
Noticed a few slowdowns in changing locations, as much as 5 seconds for new location to come up.

Linux this time in my htpc.
(2014-12-29, 01:24)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed a few slowdowns in changing locations, as much as 5 seconds for new location to come up.

Linux this time in my htpc.

the script makes 3 api calls (current, hourly & daily weather)
and has to fetch 9 images to create an area map
and another 45 images to create the different weather overlays
then PIL has to do some magic to merge several small images into larger ones.

if it does all that in 5 seconds, i wouldn't call it all too bad.
Most times (3 out of 5) have to hit refresh to actually get location to show up, so 5 seconds was a nice conservative estimate and best case scenario, Without pressing refresh, most times you have no location name up (all other data seems to come up) at all not even 20 seconds later, so I would say there's something wrong.

I would swear some errors occurs as well, but when I do I will submit the proper error/debug log.

You say its no issue but it is, and because it is I thought about moving the refresh button up to near the top which is a button I NEVER used with any other weather addon of yours.
My Setup:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Kodi 14.0 (Dec 23 2014)
- Skin = Confluence
- OpenWeatherMap Extended 1.0.1

After configuring 2 locations within the 'Expert' tab based off the info I found here (http://openweathermap.org/help/city_list.txt), I open this Add-On and receive the message "Error , Script Failed!: OpenWeatherMap Extended". I receive this same scenario when I try to select a location within the "Location setup" tab.

I'm not seeing any location information, no 'Data Provider', and the temperature is "270493 F".

Is this just occurring for me, or is there a known issue currently? Any suggestions I can try?
(2014-12-31, 19:52)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]My Setup:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Skin = Confluence

After configuring 2 locations within the 'Expert' tab based off the info I found here (http://openweathermap.org/help/city_list.txt), I open this Add-On and receive the message "Error , Script Failed!: OpenWeatherMap Extended". I receive this same scenario when I try to select a location within the "Location setup" tab.

I'm not seeing any location information, no 'Data Provider', and the temperature is "270493 F".

Is this just occurring for me, or is there a known issue currently? Any suggestions I can try?

please post a Debug Log
without it, it's hard to tell what's going on at your end. :-)
(2014-12-31, 19:57)ronie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-31, 19:52)DruTheFu Wrote: [ -> ]My Setup:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Skin = Confluence

please post a Debug Log
without it, it's hard to tell what's going on at your end. :-)

PM sent with the log info
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42