Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installed plugin not showing up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I have a peculiar problem I was hoping for some help with - without having to reinstall my media center.

Now, I've been trying to add the XBMC add-on to control my home automation system. This has worked fine before, but now it just doesn't show up in the list of installed add-ons. I've checked if it was under disabled, but no luck. I can see it initializing at startup and I can manually edit its' configtion files - and the changes will take. It's even communicating with my home automation system. I just would like to be able to use the GUI to set it up instead of guessing which values to put in the config.

All other add-ons work great and show up in the right place. Just not this one.

As far as I can see there's nothing bad happening in the logs either. It'll initialize (or install, as the log says), it'll create its' process and it'll deinitialize (or uninstall) at xbmc shutdown. I've even deleted the add-on database in order to get a fresh start.

Anyone got any help on what to do here?

Cheers Smile
Under addons. - services?
(2014-10-24, 19:08)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Under addons. - services?

It should be under services, but it's not. I've even checked all the categories with no luck...
Under programs then?
(2014-10-24, 19:39)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Under programs then?

Thanks, but no

I wanted to add pictures, but didn't see any way to upload...
show me a Debug Log using pastein.com
what addon is it?
(2014-10-24, 19:54)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]show me a Debug Log using pastein.com
what addon is it?

Thanks for helping out. Here's the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/0fj7pDGv (I hope :p )

The plugin package is named micasaverde.xbmc.addon.v1.2.zip
1) use the default skin, not whatever skin you decided works for you use something that we all familiar with pls. Smile

2) look under system addons > enabled addons> programs addons or services like it was suggested, under enabled addons> Services.

3) no way Im going any further into the absolute mess of superepos and whatever hell you unbleached on your install galore head ache land there's no way... good luck. Big Grin
(2014-10-25, 01:46)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]1) use the default skin, not whatever skin you decided works for you use something that we all familiar with pls. Smile

2) look under system addons > enabled addons> programs addons or services like it was suggested, under enabled addons> Services.

3) no way Im going any further into the absolute mess of superepos and whatever hell you unbleached on your install galore head ache land there's no way... good luck. Big Grin

1. Ok, I'll switch back. Actually, I was on confluence (is that the name before and think this is the default - I switched to see if anything happened)
2. Already did, but will look back afer switching the skin again
3. Yeah...that was to get 1channel and see if other stuff would install properly

Thanks for your help Smile
Unsupported repos and unsupported addons, simply put no one and certainly not me care that these things dont work, as for the addon that is ok to discuss in these boards (the home automation stuff) the developer for that is the right person to ask, both for support and question regarding anything else that are addon orientated.

Avoid 3rd party repos unless they are well reputed repos, superrepo is not one of those.