Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NHL GameCenter (Timewasted edition)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
It seems that the issues that I had with skipping forward/backward in rewound streams are fixed in newer versions of ffmpeg. Thankfully, the Kodi betas include a newer version of ffmpeg than what is included in Gotham, so the streams work there. Perhaps with some more polish, this feature may actually see the light of day.
Sounds good. Thanks for the work!!!
(2014-11-15, 09:12)timewasted Wrote: [ -> ]Third, there's roughly five hours of "this game will begin shortly" at the beginning of a stream.

I ran into some of that with a roku I borrowed at the beginning of the season while Carb0 was fixing the initial plugin. I started a game from the beginning (Roku's have that option) and had to fast forward through an hour and 10 minutes of "This game will begin shortly"
Script error trying to get live games tonight
(2014-11-18, 04:22)hscotty55 Wrote: [ -> ]Script error trying to get live games tonight

Yep, I got the error too. Probably because there's only 1 game tonight. I was able to watch it through the Recent Games menu.
Script errors. Due to single games. Again. Sigh. Between my brother and I, we have this installed on about 6 devices (OSX laptop, Windows desktop(s), a couple Android tablets, and an Android phone) using a mixture of XBMC 13.2 and Kodi 14 betas. None of these devices are seeing this error. What am I missing? Since I refactored a lot of code in v0.0.19, I'm going to need a new debug log to see where the error is. I'm sure it's in the same general spot as last time, but I'd like to be able to get an exact line number.
(2014-11-18, 04:22)hscotty55 Wrote: [ -> ]Script error trying to get live games tonight

Phew...thought it was only me. Just trying this out and worked Sunday. Really enjoying the work on the plugin.
(2014-11-18, 06:17)timewasted Wrote: [ -> ]Script errors. Due to single games. Again. Sigh. Between my brother and I, we have this installed on about 6 devices (OSX laptop, Windows desktop(s), a couple Android tablets, and an Android phone) using a mixture of XBMC 13.2 and Kodi 14 betas. None of these devices are seeing this error. What am I missing? Since I refactored a lot of code in v0.0.19, I'm going to need a new debug log to see where the error is. I'm sure it's in the same general spot as last time, but I'd like to be able to get an exact line number.

Sorry, I know better and should've posted a log last night, but better late than never. Here it is.
A couple updates:

First, it's possible that I have a solution to the script errors that happen when there's only a single game for the day. The biggest issue is finding a way for me to reproduce it so that I can actually test the fix. The next day with only one game is the 27th. Hopefully I'll be able to manually reproduce the error and test the fix before then.

Second, I just started adding code for rewinding live games to my repository. If you're interested, it's in the HLS server branch of my github repository. This feature is most certainly a hack, but I haven't been able to find any other way to get it to work. Here's roughly how it works:

Everything in the playlist is a sequential value or a timestamp. Since the games listing provides us with a game start time, I just roll back the sequential values and timestamps to that point in time. Now that I have the start of the playlist figured out, the hackiness of this solution starts to come into play. The only way I've found to get ffmpeg to actually start at that point (while still being able to skip around in the stream) is to give it an 'endlist' playlist. This means that no more video segments can be added to the playlist. Since the game is still live, I don't actually know when it'll end (sadly precognition is not one of my skills, nor am I a time traveler). So, I just opt to make a playlist that is 4 hours long, starting from the start of the game. I hope that'll cover even the wildest of games.

Now, how can you get access to this feature to test it out? I'm not really sure. I'm thinking that I might package up a development version of the add-on, which is separate from the main version. Part of my reasoning for doing that is because I'm honestly not sure how well all this will work when I start pushing out updates, and I'd like to be able to test things before I release it for general consumption.
I added a development version to my repository, which has a "from the start of game" option under "Full game".

A couple important notes:
  • The main version and the development version can be installed at the same time without issues. They must be configured separately.
  • The version number for the development version has zero relation to the main version.
  • I try my best to maintain the stability of the main version. I make no guarantees about the stability of the development version.
  • After installing the development version, you will likely need to restart Kodi. I need to figure out how to make the background service start automatically when you install/enable the addon.
  • You will likely need to restart Kodi for changes to the development version to take effect. This is a restriction that I'm really hoping to be able to fix.
  • Seeking past the live time in a rewound game will just stop playback, with no indication as to why. It's highly unlikely that there is anything I can do to mitigate this.
  • I'm sure there are more rough edges that I'm forgetting at the moment.
(2014-11-21, 09:53)timewasted Wrote: [ -> ]I added a development version to my repository, which has a "from the start of game" option under "Full game".

A couple important notes:
  • The main version and the development version can be installed at the same time without issues. They must be configured separately.
  • The version number for the development version has zero relation to the main version.
  • I try my best to maintain the stability of the main version. I make no guarantees about the stability of the development version.
  • After installing the development version, you will likely need to restart Kodi. I need to figure out how to make the background service start automatically when you install/enable the addon.
  • You will likely need to restart Kodi for changes to the development version to take effect. This is a restriction that I'm really hoping to be able to fix.
  • Seeking past the live time in a rewound game will just stop playback, with no indication as to why. It's highly unlikely that there is anything I can do to mitigate this.
  • I'm sure there are more rough edges that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Thank you. Between work schedules and visitation with my son (divorce) there are quite a few times that I will use the "from the start of the game" feature. I'll see if I can test on a couple of games tonight,
I just ripped out the HLS proxy stuff and put it into its own service add-on. This lets me avoid issue #14609, and should (I sincerely hope) allow the proxy to be restarted automatically when I push out an update to it. In order to properly update to v0.0.2 of the dev add-on, you'll need to update the add-on as usual. This should pull in the NHL HLS Proxy (currently at v0.0.1-alpha1) add-on as well. You'll then need to restart Kodi.

Oh, and in-case it was missed in some of my earlier posts, rewinding "works" in Gotham, but Kodi is required to be able to skip around in the rewound streams. If skipping happens to work in Gotham, it's purely dumb luck.
love the addon and works well but my local team is blacked out and its a killer. Previous gamecenter addon on xbmc were able to bypass the blackouts. I'm hoping there is a way to bypass the blackout which will make this addon awesome again.otherwise its only good for watching condensed and highlight for me.
timewasted,
I just watched a full in progress game from the beginning in Gotham. Dumb luck I guess but it worked perfectly for me. I skipped forward through every commercial and intermission and back and forth durring the game.

Your dev channel is everything I have been hoping for in a gamecentre add-on!
I just added your repository to install the addon but it just says Downloading 0%. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37