Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NHL GameCenter (Timewasted edition)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
(2014-12-29, 15:28)sdsnyr94 Wrote: [ -> ]Press Up/Down on your remote... it should jump in 10 minute segments. The Left/Right should jump by I think 30 seconds.

Usually, at the end of a period, I will hit left 3 or 4 times, and then up twice to skip the intermission.

Actually, I spoke too soon. The functionality you described only works for archived games.

If you try to Skip/FF during any game marked (ended) or (in progress), it doesn't do anything. The best you can get is a very slow fast forward (maybe 2x-3x).

If I start watching from beginning a game in progress and try to skip through an intermission it take several minutes.

I think there's a glitch here...

BTW, when you're fast forwarding in a (ended) or (in progress) game, the timer DOES speed ahead faster when you click it up to 32x, making it seem like it's working ... but the video clearly doesn't actually go any faster than about 2x.
(2014-12-30, 06:10)strategus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-29, 15:28)sdsnyr94 Wrote: [ -> ]Press Up/Down on your remote... it should jump in 10 minute segments. The Left/Right should jump by I think 30 seconds.

Usually, at the end of a period, I will hit left 3 or 4 times, and then up twice to skip the intermission.

Actually, I spoke too soon. The functionality you described only works for archived games.

If you try to Skip/FF during any game marked (ended) or (in progress), it doesn't do anything. The best you can get is a very slow fast forward (maybe 2x-3x).

If I start watching from beginning a game in progress and try to skip through an intermission it take several minutes.

I think there's a glitch here...

BTW, when you're fast forwarding in a (ended) or (in progress) game, the timer DOES speed ahead faster when you click it up to 32x, making it seem like it's working ... but the video clearly doesn't actually go any faster than about 2x.

Odd, it's always worked for me. The only problem I run into is if I accidentally try skip to a time that is past what is live (example; I am 2 minutes behind real time, and press the up arrow to jump ahead 10 minutes) then I will end up back at the menu.

Wait... what version are you using? I am using the Dev version, since it has the ability to start a game from the beginning. Maybe that's why it works for me?
(2014-12-30, 18:08)sdsnyr94 Wrote: [ -> ]Odd, it's always worked for me. The only problem I run into is if I accidentally try skip to a time that is past what is live (example; I am 2 minutes behind real time, and press the up arrow to jump ahead 10 minutes) then I will end up back at the menu.

Wait... what version are you using? I am using the Dev version, since it has the ability to start a game from the beginning. Maybe that's why it works for me?

I'm using the latest dev version 0.22 (for the same reason as you).

But if I start playing a live game in progress (from the beginning) and attempt to fast forward it shows that it's "seeking" +10:00, but it never actually does anything.

It does this on 2 different computers, btw.
(2014-12-30, 19:41)strategus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-30, 18:08)sdsnyr94 Wrote: [ -> ]Odd, it's always worked for me. The only problem I run into is if I accidentally try skip to a time that is past what is live (example; I am 2 minutes behind real time, and press the up arrow to jump ahead 10 minutes) then I will end up back at the menu.

I'm using the latest dev version 0.22 (for the same reason as you).

But if I start playing a live game in progress (from the beginning) and attempt to fast forward it shows that it's "seeking" +10:00, but it never actually does anything.

It does this on 2 different computers, btw.

That is odd... because it works fine for me from my laptop, ION PC, Raspberry PI, and FireTV.
Don't forget you can use the number keys as well. 1 8 0 0 Right will take you 18:00 minutes ahead. Perfect to skip the full intermission.

(2014-12-29, 15:28)sdsnyr94 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-29, 02:43)strategus Wrote: [ -> ]Love the work you've done here, timewaster. You've single-handedly brought my stress level about NHL GC down from 11 to about 5.

I wish I could get a refund from NHL and give you the money.

One problem I'm having -- fast forwarding from a live stream that I start from the beginning seems buggy.

The fast-forward speed is very slow -- it doesn't seem to matter whether it's 2x or 32x, i'd estimate it's only about 100% faster than live. Takes about 7-8 minutes to FF through an intermission.

Any ideas?

Press Up/Down on your remote... it should jump in 10 minute segments. The Left/Right should jump by I think 30 seconds.

(2014-12-31, 02:23)ardsavac Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget you can use the number keys as well. 1 8 0 0 Right will take you 18:00 minutes ahead. Perfect to skip the full intermission.

Yeah, saw that in the documentation. Great feature.

But it doesn't work for me during a live game that's being time-shifted -- only works for completed/archived games. Sad

Not sure why I seem to be the only one having this problem. Maybe I should reinstall XBMC on both my computers?

Just trying it now... here's what I'm doing:

Select: Today's Games
Select: (In progress) Montreal at Florida
Select: Away stream (from start of game)

==GAME STARTS FROM BEGINNING=

Press: UP arrow
Top display shows "Seeking +10:00", but video keeps playing without advancing
Same things happens for any attempt at skipping ahead

Best I can do is click on the onscreen >> fast forward button, but the fastest it seems to go is 2x-3x normal

S.
I'm suddenly reminded that I had planned (and forgotten) to kill the dev version, specifically to avoid confusion. Whoops. The point of the dev version was so that I could play with some ideas regarding how to implement the HLS proxy add-on that is required for live rewinding. Basically, I wanted to be able to break it at will without having to worry about disrupting people that just wanted to watch some hockey. It ended up being super easy to make the main version use the HLS proxy add-on if it was available but continue to function as normal if it wasn't, so that's what I did. So, the main version can rewind live games, and is actually more up-to-date than the dev version is.

TL;DR: the dev version has been obsoleted by the main version, so if you're using the dev version, switch back to the main version

As for not being able to skip around in time-shifted streams, are you using Gotham or Helix? Skipping is for the most part limited to just Helix, due to the updated version of ffmpeg that is included. It sometimes works in Gotham, but it is most certainly the exception and not the rule. If you're already running Helix and still can't skip though... that'd be interesting, and I don't have any immediate ideas for you as far as a fix goes.

(2014-12-24, 06:37)bino Wrote: [ -> ]ty
But I think that the feeds from start of game and and the other one are swapped
Nothing happen when I choose from start of game and the feed start from the start when I choose the other one....

Odd. I just checked tonight's Canadiens game, and choosing the French stream put me at where the game is currently live, while the French from beginning stream put me at the start of the game.

(2014-12-29, 02:43)strategus Wrote: [ -> ]I wish I could get a refund from NHL and give you the money.

So do I! Sadly, I don't think the NHL would be too keen on that idea. It's the thought that counts though, and I'm glad I could make your hockey watching experience less frustrating.
Yeah, so I'm an idiot. I thought starting a live game from the beginning was only in the dev, the skin view I was using didn't scroll fast enough to notice the last part of the game text.

One thing I will note is that the French stream for the Habs panthers game tonight started with 30 minutes of pregame when using hockeystreams on the roku. I guess that's because of a different source?

Anyways top notch add-on!
(2014-12-31, 05:16)timewasted Wrote: [ -> ]As for not being able to skip around in time-shifted streams, are you using Gotham or Helix? Skipping is for the most part limited to just Helix, due to the updated version of ffmpeg that is included. It sometimes works in Gotham, but it is most certainly the exception and not the rule. If you're already running Helix and still can't skip though... that'd be interesting, and I don't have any immediate ideas for you as far as a fix goes.

I'm also an idiot. I was definitely running Gotham. Just installed Helix and haven't had any problems.

Sorry for the false alarm... blame it on the newbie. Smile

Thanks everyone!

S.
I just wanted to reply and say that this add-on is awesome and totally transforms the HTPC GCL experience from a turd in a Web browser to a smooth fully featured experience. Rogers should be embarrassed of their Web app in comparison to what this can do. I'm particularly impressed with the start from beginning and stable skipping features available in Kodi. Thank you for taking the time to develop and support this for the community.
Timewasted - in the 2 other NHL GCL Plugins, they now have the option to change CDN 'Content Delivery Networks' server (Akamai, Limelight, Level 3), this way if you are getting buffering on one, you can manually switch to a server that is not under such a heavy load.

According to users in the other threads, this feature works very well. Any chance you can implement this?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1858857
Did anyone else have trouble getting the All Star Game to play? I had to fall back on the CBC stream which looked like it was running at about 3 fps, ugh, terrible. It showed up right in the list, but when I launched it I got some random Jets game.
Wasn't the All Star game on NBC Sports. In the US when the game is on NBC Sports they seem to block the game on NHL GameCenter. But anyway, I watched in on the NBC Sports stream with no hiccups. Hope that helps some.
My living/working situation has been TERRIBLE lately. That will begin to change tomorrow. This will, fingers crossed, allow me to actually look at things here again.
A couple of things:
1. I'm using this on the Fire Stick and it's perfect. Not that anyone was asking, but just for googlers reference.
2. I hate to gush, but I can't put into words what your efforts have meant. Merely for the "from the start of the game" option, this has been a watershed night for me.
Thank you so much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37