Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SiO2-X - Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(2015-04-01, 02:44)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

give it a spin and let me know.

cheers.
Hi fastcolors. I just tried your newest github release. I can't select any of the SiO2 (or x) selection. Somehow they are not available to select. I can only switch between Big list & Icons.
I can manually switch all add-on to Big list for my own taste. But it's a PITA to change them all because for every sub list, I would have to change to Big List again.

Do we have a global view setting that we can change all at once?
(2015-04-01, 02:44)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-31, 18:37)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't change List view at all...
there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

cheers.

Sorry guys, I'm not capable of finding the new view in the last master from github.
The views I get are: SiO2, SiO2-X, Big List, Icons and Fanart
Can somebody guide me a little bit?

Using Helix 14.2 on iMac.
[/quote]

my bad, try latest update.
[/quote]

Yes! That's perfect.
Could you add also the view to SiO2-ATV3?
(2015-04-01, 18:47)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 02:44)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-31, 18:37)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]

I didn't change List view at all...
there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

cheers.

Sorry guys, I'm not capable of finding the new view in the last master from github.

[/quote]

Yes! That's perfect.
[/quote]

What's perfect?

Have you even tried it yet?

What is SiO2-ATV3? As fastcolors mentioned before, appleTV kodi is dead.

I am not sure if you understood what fastcolors said. He said he re-designed the new SiO2-X view. There is no NEW additional view besides what you saw "SiO2, SiO2-X, Big List, Icons and Fanart".
(2015-04-01, 19:45)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 18:47)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 02:44)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't change List view at all...

cheers.

Yes! That's perfect.
[/quote]

What's perfect?

I am not sure if you understood what fastcolors said. He said he re-designed the new SiO2-X view. There is no NEW additional view besides what you saw "SiO2, SiO2-X, Big List, Icons and Fanart".
[/quote]

Hey man, read a little bit more and you'll see the light.
Look for a little bit more and you'll understand.
Respect as everybody does and afterwards, just talk.
(2015-04-01, 21:04)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 19:45)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-01, 18:47)blashman Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry guys, I'm not capable of finding the new view in the last master from github.

Yes! That's perfect.

What's perfect?

Hey man, read a little bit more and you'll see the light.
Look for a little bit more and you'll understand.
Respect as everybody does and afterwards, just talk.

I may have mis-read his msg but you dont have to act like a kid like that.

To fastcolors, I do not see your new view on the latest github master if you just added a new view option to your view pane.
We may have suggested the default view to be wider, not a new view to be added. I think the default view is "small view".
I could have changed it to "Big List" and see longer titles with wider text screen, but I would have to do it for every add-on and channel.

One of the problems that I mentioned earlier on the pause/delay on full screen view (with status bars) is when I use your latest skin (SiO2-x) with kodi 14.2 (RC or Final). Your skin works fine with SPMC 14.1 and below.
(2015-03-30, 23:49)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

cheers.

I saw your very very wide new view last night on the latest github master. It's not bad for someone who wants to view titles only.
However, I think what we requested was the default "fat view" big list instead. Maybe we are spoiled by confluence skin with the bigger titles Smile

I still can't find a logic of when we can have SiO2-X view highlighted and when not. Sometimes I can only have Big List & Icons as options. Sometimes I can have SiO2-x or SiO2 (not both) as an option.

1. Weather: I can't get the openweathermap to work with yahoo weather add-on yet. I tried on both Kodi 14.2 RC and 14.2 Final. 14.2 Final did fix the python script that we had earlier on openweathermap. However, the maps are still unable to load. Have you looked at yahoo weather 6th and 7th day temperatures? Everytime I re-fresh the page, the temperatures add up to themselves.

2. Program add-ons: It's cool to have "more info box" for each app that we select. However, that info box is kind of useless on Android programs section. It does not display anything, except taking up the space of the screen. That info box works great on Program add-ons though. Maybe I only have that "Android programs" view because I am running an android device?
(2015-04-02, 23:23)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-30, 23:49)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]there's a new view in sio2 X that is very very wide. The actual titles are full screen width... can't really go wider than that!!!

cheers.

I saw your very very wide new view last night on the latest github master. It's not bad for someone who wants to view titles only.
However, I think what we requested was the default "fat view" big list instead. Maybe we are spoiled by confluence skin with the bigger titles Smile

I still can't find a logic of when we can have SiO2-X view highlighted and when not. Sometimes I can only have Big List & Icons as options. Sometimes I can have SiO2-x or SiO2 (not both) as an option.

1. Weather: I can't get the openweathermap to work with yahoo weather add-on yet. I tried on both Kodi 14.2 RC and 14.2 Final. 14.2 Final did fix the python script that we had earlier on openweathermap. However, the maps are still unable to load. Have you looked at yahoo weather 6th and 7th day temperatures? Everytime I re-fresh the page, the temperatures add up to themselves.

2. Program add-ons: It's cool to have "more info box" for each app that we select. However, that info box is kind of useless on Android programs section. It does not display anything, except taking up the space of the screen. That info box works great on Program add-ons though. Maybe I only have that "Android programs" view because I am running an android device?

0. views change depending on the content of the list you are browsing. I don't remember the whole scheme, but for instance You won't have sio2x available for content that usually don't have the infos to fill it up. Same logic that makes icon view different between seasons and episodes.

0bis. I will probably change the default view for this skin (not sure yet) but Fat List is staying that way. I like the Idea from @blashman of a wide view. smart idea. That is definitely getting worked on. I'd love to hear suggestions in that direction, and opinions on the view so far.

1. Openweathermap only work with well... openweathermap addon. forget yahoo, switch to open weather extended. I'm not in a rush to make this compatible with yahoo. I like way better openweather, temperatures adding up with yahoo are a yahoo addon issue, not skin related. I can however block off parts of the weather section if used with yahoo, but yahoo only provides 5 days of forecast not 7.. if i remember correctly. so there lays the problem

2. Yes, I'd say you definitely have the "Android programs" thing because you are on Android, I was wondering the same myself for having openElec Settings, and after a lot of research I found that I have openElec settings submenu because I am on openElec. I'll try and hide the panel for submenus (although I don't have any android system so it's hard to experiment)

thanks. and enjoy the skin

edit
@blashman

yes i'll try to export the view to ATV3 branch. just need some time.
(2015-04-03, 11:33)fastcolors Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 23:23)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]

cheers.

0. views change depending on the content of the list you are browsing. I don't remember the whole scheme, but for instance You won't have sio2x available for content that usually don't have the infos to fill it up. Same logic that makes icon view different between seasons and episodes.

0bis. I will probably change the default view for this skin (not sure yet) but Fat List is staying that way. I like the Idea from @blashman of a wide view. smart idea. That is definitely getting worked on. I'd love to hear suggestions in that direction, and opinions on the view so far.

1. Openweathermap only work with well... openweathermap addon. forget yahoo, switch to open weather extended. I'm not in a rush to make this compatible with yahoo. I like way better openweather, temperatures adding up with yahoo are a yahoo addon issue, not skin related. I can however block off parts of the weather section if used with yahoo, but yahoo only provides 5 days of forecast not 7.. if i remember correctly. so there lays the problem

2. Yes, I'd say you definitely have the "Android programs" thing because you are on Android, I was wondering the same myself for having openElec Settings, and after a lot of research I found that I have openElec settings submenu because I am on openElec. I'll try and hide the panel for submenus (although I don't have any android system so it's hard to experiment)

thanks. and enjoy the skin

edit
@blashman

yes i'll try to export the view to ATV3 branch. just need some time.
0. "Big list" is good enough for long titles. I wish it could be default so I don't have to change to Big List on every sub channel/episode.
1. Openweathermap does not work properly on any kodi version older than 14.2. Users will get python error on any kodi versions 14.1 or below. The info still works but the maps have never worked on SiO2-x. Yahoo.weather was working great on your older version of SiO2's. I got huge and beautiful weather screen without any problem. Openwathermap does not work very well in the U.S.A. It does not detect zipcode and we will have to enter a big city near our place which is not very useful if the big city is 100km away from us.

Thanks alot for working on this beautiful skin. I can't find any better skin interface than yours. The next pick will be appletv skin. I love its carousel browsing. I think it's a PITA to implement. It would be great if you can add that.

I really enjoy your skin add-on. Thanks.
v3.1.9 (latest on github as of April 4, 2015)

1. "Status Dot" does not display on Big List view mode. After I switch my view to "Big list", all the blue (status) dots are gone. They re-appear if I enter/play an item while the page is loading. But they are gone during normal use. No way to switch back to the default (smaller list) view.

2. What happened to Wide list? I saw it one time but I couldn't replicate it anymore. No Wide list view anymore. Can we switch back to smaller list if Big list does not work out right? There is no Default (or small List) option for me to choose.

3. Dumb question: What's different between SiO2-x vs SiO2 (ATV3?)?

4. Maintenance Tools. Extra "LABELHERE"? Can we have "Clear Cache" button there as well?

5. Is there a shortcut to disable/enable "View options dialog"? Sometimes, after pressing some buttons on my remote, it turned off the "View options dialog". I would have to go back to settings to enable it again.

6. Active Scrollbars. No way to get out of it (on the right) if we enter the scrollbars. The only way to get out of it is to go back to the previous page.

7. Weather. Map function has not worked in the USA. You mentioned about splitting the weather info and map into 2 pages. Have you come up with a solution yet? I like your idea on splitted pages. On Yahoo.weather, we know the scrolling date text is annoying. Maybe doing the weather info on 1 big page will help since we can have more room for date text. Or you can truncate the text so we can have 3 letter abbreviation like openweathermap.

8. Video Add-ons. Under Home Page Customizer. The Video Add-ons text has been fixed. However, if we turn it off, the text will switch to "Add-ons" instead of staying with "Video Add-ons".
I was coming just to ask what the best weather addon to use with this skin is... Yahoo weather doesn't show all 7 days on the shelf, only the first 5, and OpenWeatherMaps doesn't update the temps. It just says 32 on all the days and that's useless. I'm on the newest Openelec with Kodi 14.2.
(2015-04-05, 03:33)Dalton63841 Wrote: [ -> ]I was coming just to ask what the best weather addon to use with this skin is... Yahoo weather doesn't show all 7 days on the shelf, only the first 5, and OpenWeatherMaps doesn't update the temps. It just says 32 on all the days and that's useless. I'm on the newest Openelec with Kodi 14.2.

Are you using the older versions of SiO2? SiO2 listed 5 days. SiO2-X has all 7 days with the last 2 broken days. Openweathermaps throws a python script error for any Kodi earlier than 14.2.

Since you are using kodi 14.2, I think it's the best to use OpenWeatherMaps for now. At least this skin will give you a white dummy map screen than the none working yahoo weather page.

OpenWeatherMaps works great on Location 1. For any Location 2,3,4...it would give 32 (Fetching Data...) forever.
(2015-04-06, 01:25)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-05, 03:33)Dalton63841 Wrote: [ -> ]I was coming just to ask what the best weather addon to use with this skin is... Yahoo weather doesn't show all 7 days on the shelf, only the first 5, and OpenWeatherMaps doesn't update the temps. It just says 32 on all the days and that's useless. I'm on the newest Openelec with Kodi 14.2.

Are you using the older versions of SiO2? SiO2 listed 5 days. SiO2-X has all 7 days with the last 2 broken days. Openweathermaps throws a python script error for any Kodi earlier than 14.2.

Since you are using kodi 14.2, I think it's the best to use OpenWeatherMaps for now. At least this skin will give you a white dummy map screen than the none working yahoo weather page.

OpenWeatherMaps works great on Location 1. For any Location 2,3,4...it would give 32 (Fetching Data...) forever.

I'm using the up to date Sio2-X. With Yahoo Maps, I get a 7 day forecast, but the last 2 days are broken, and no maps. With OpenWeatherMaps, I get all 7 days just showing 32 degrees for the high and low, no weather. Obviously, that is completely useless.

EDIT: Nvm... Just tried it again deleting my location and putting it in again, and now it's working.
(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]3. Dumb question: What's different between SiO2-x vs SiO2 (ATV3?)?

2 different skins. Try them, it would be too long to explain all the differences, sio2 is a clone of appleTv interface. sio2x has way more options, and leaves the "clone" appearance.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]1. "Status Dot" does not display on Big List view mode. After I switch my view to "Big list", all the blue (status) dots are gone. They re-appear if I enter/play an item while the page is loading. But they are gone during normal use. No way to switch back to the default (smaller list) view.

Small list doesn't exist in SIO2 X
blue dot only show for unwatched items

everything works on my side.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]2. What happened to Wide list? I saw it one time but I couldn't replicate it anymore. No Wide list view anymore. Can we switch back to smaller list if Big list does not work out right? There is no Default (or small List) option for me to choose.

I have a hard time following. As I said small list doesn't exist in sio2x. wide list isn't always available. Tryout with youtube addon. should always be present there and in library movies.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]4. Maintenance Tools. Extra "LABELHERE"? Can we have "Clear Cache" button there as well?

Yes we might. Maintenance tool are a work in progress We started a few times back, and kinda left there.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]5. Is there a shortcut to disable/enable "View options dialog"? Sometimes, after pressing some buttons on my remote, it turned off the "View options dialog". I would have to go back to settings to enable it again.

No quick way to switch it on/off , and not planning to be added.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]6. Active Scrollbars. No way to get out of it (on the right) if we enter the scrollbars. The only way to get out of it is to go back to the previous page.

Fixed in last github version. Thanks for pointing it out.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]7. Weather. Map function has not worked in the USA. You mentioned about splitting the weather info and map into 2 pages. Have you come up with a solution yet? I like your idea on splitted pages. On Yahoo.weather, we know the scrolling date text is annoying. Maybe doing the weather info on 1 big page will help since we can have more room for date text. Or you can truncate the text so we can have 3 letter abbreviation like openweathermap.

Not sure yet. Personally I am using Openweathermaps extended and it works like a charm.

(2015-04-05, 01:05)codexaxiu Wrote: [ -> ]8. Video Add-ons. Under Home Page Customizer. The Video Add-ons text has been fixed. However, if we turn it off, the text will switch to "Add-ons" instead of staying with "Video Add-ons".

Fixed in latest github version.

Cheers.
I use SchedulesDirect for my EPG source for LiveTV. I assume that SchedulesDirect creates some Genre (Sports, etc) and then there is a color scheme for those genre that is used for the EPG.

Currently, for the SIO2-X and SchedulesDirect Sports is Red and there are other colors for other Genre. My wife doesn't like the color scheme and would like me to change it. She never remarked about the color scheme for SIO2 which was clearly different.

Is there a way that I can change (I assume remap) the colors to better suit my wife's taste?
(2015-04-13, 16:15)gsulshski Wrote: [ -> ]I use SchedulesDirect for my EPG source for LiveTV. I assume that SchedulesDirect creates some Genre (Sports, etc) and then there is a color scheme for those genre that is used for the EPG.

Currently, for the SIO2-X and SchedulesDirect Sports is Red and there are other colors for other Genre. My wife doesn't like the color scheme and would like me to change it. She never remarked about the color scheme for SIO2 which was clearly different.

Is there a way that I can change (I assume remap) the colors to better suit my wife's taste?

Unfortunately there's no options to change the color scheme. But If you are willing you can branch out fon github and change the colors in

skin.sio2x/media/pvr

those link to genres.

I don't care much for those so l could even make your changes "default"

cheers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13