Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help seeing a media drive.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using XBMCbuntu. I have a computer that used to have windows on it, with 2 hardrives, The main hard drive has xbmc on it, the other was created with windows and has about 1.5tb of movies and is called "Media"

I use a laptop with windows 7 + utorrent to download movies.. i would like the movies to transfer to "media" drive.. but my windows laptop cannot see the Media drive.
I have tried to change the permissions but doesnt matter what i do it wont change to allow me to see it.
With the windows laptop i can see however the main linux drive newly created folders.. just not the media drive.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you set up samba to share the second drive?
I have tried.. but i am new and done a bunch of reading.. samba is setup.. i cant figure out what the next steps are... any help would be awesome.
OK, where is your hard drive mounted? give us the output of the
Code:
mount
command.
the drive is located at :
/media/jordan/Media

thanks again
its on /dev/sdb1 is that what you need to know?
OK you need to share /media/jordan/Media via samba. If you look at /etc/samba/smb.conf there should be some shares set up already, use them as a template.