Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: updating xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay, my buddy has had a xbox with xbmc on it and its been sittin in his room for about a year. being the nice guy he is, he just gave it to me but said it needs to be updated. he said the reason y i cant view music videos and movie trailors is becuase the urls have probably changed and xbmc needs to be updated. this is my first time ive ever had to do anything like this before. ive sent files to my xbox via ftp but i havent udpated xbmc. is there a post i may have missed that shows me how to do this (remember im a complete n00b). im hopin i dont have to lose all the data on it already =/
the last t3ch release has info on how to update.

xbmc-cvs_2006-06-25-t3ch

from the readme:

Quote:upgrade tips____
if you're updating from a very old/bad build you may get issues. follow these simple rules:
o replace (ftp overwrite) all files in your xbmc folder with fresh ones from your new build
o delete old savegame/settings (from e:/tdata/0face008)
o in some rare cases some of the database files in xbmc/albums/*.db may need manual deletion
(usually if they are very old). note: this loses all per file settings you made with the old build!