Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-03-18, 17:44)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - have you tested the skin with other languages? Because I think the OSD keyboard might get issues with button labels that won't fit and it would be a pity if scrolling button labels would ruin this beautiful skin

That is also one concern I have for almost all buttons I have seen also in the previous screens and videos.
@jurial
oups!
Smile
(2015-03-18, 17:44)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - have you tested the skin with other languages? Because I think the OSD keyboard might get issues with button labels that won't fit and it would be a pity if scrolling button labels would ruin this beautiful skin
I hadn't before now so I tried a couple (French and German) and made some changes to the keyboard layout but I'm never going to get it perfect for all languages.

(2015-03-19, 10:40)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, that looks really great Smile Thanks for your effort/hard work you put into that skin Smile

Just a suggestion to the IP Address part. Is it possible to have 3 digits (like "000") for every Field instead of just one zero?
So it doesn't "move as you type. Should be easier for the eyes. Or maybe it is possible to allign the 3 digits to the right side of the field and leave enough room for 3 digits?
This is controlled by Kodi and not the skin.
(2015-03-19, 10:43)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]That is also one concern I have for almost all buttons I have seen also in the previous screens and videos.

See comment above, as for the other buttons I'm hoping someone will eventually add auto-width buttons to Kodi to take care of this problem once and for all.
Just added a 'Next Episode' button to the video OSD for when you're watching a lots of episodes at once. Ideally it would open automatically near the end but I guess that would require a script.

Another feature I haven't mentioned before is the 'Hide Unwatched Episode Thumbs' option -

And the result is no spoilers -

(2015-03-19, 17:48)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Just added a 'Next Episode' button to the video OSD for when you're watching a lots of episodes at once. Ideally it would open automatically near the end but I guess that would require a script.

What a wonderful idea. Approved Big Grin
Why didn't I think about this ! So much time spare.
(2015-03-19, 17:48)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Just added a 'Next Episode' button to the video OSD for when you're watching a lots of episodes at once. Ideally it would open automatically near the end but I guess that would require a script.

I'd pay good money for that script Wink but seriously, having a prompt or something near the end of an episode asking if I want to watch the next episode is one of the very few features I miss in kodi (I'm thinking something along the lines of how Netflix does it)
But having that button is the next best thing, kudos!
It's the best I could come up trying to emulate this -

The "next up" is an amazing idea!!! Big Grin

I like this last screen! Feels like it's not an intrusive thing. And it should be like that in my opinion. At the end of an episode, shows you the next episode available, but should only play it if you press a button or something, otherwise, if you don't do anything it should quit video playing normally Smile
(For movies, this could be a next random movie.)

Also if this is hard to implement it could be a screen popping up after the episode, showing for 5seconds or so, similar to the end screen of a youtube video, showing the next ongoing episodes of series or similar.

Not asking for anything, but i think these are great ideas, and hope someone who can code for kodi feels the same! Big Grin
(2015-03-19, 18:35)calhaus Wrote: [ -> ]Also if this is hard to implement it could be a screen popping up after the episode, showing for 5seconds or so, similar to the end screen of a youtube video, showing the next ongoing episodes of series or similar.

Not asking for anything, but i think these are great ideas, and hope someone who can code for kodi feels the same! Big Grin

Just thought the same thing. More than next episode, could show other series ongoing episodes.
But I'm afraid that makes things too much confuse. I think it's perfect like this.
Still, this next button is just more than an idea, it's an obviousness. You're the guy Hitcher !
At the moment you have to press enter to bring up the OSD menu but it will be the first item selected. It will only be visible if you've enabled 'watch next video automatically' or have queued episodes in the playlist, and there's less than 30 seconds to the end of the episode.
(2015-03-19, 18:49)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment you have to press enter to bring up the OSD menu but it will be the first item selected. It will only be visible if you've enabled 'watch next video automatically' or have queued episodes in the playlist, and there's less than 30 seconds to the end of the episode.

I think we can deal with pressing the enter button for such a feature Wink
Hopefully this commit will get added and I can then show more details about the next episode as well.
(2015-03-19, 19:13)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully this commit will get added and I can then show more details about the next episode as well.

Would like to see this offset feature for epg too. Limited to Next / Previous right now. offset(x) opens much more possibilities.
But I'm out of subject. Always great to see new features work.
(2015-03-19, 17:53)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Another feature I haven't mentioned before is the 'Hide Unwatched Episode Thumbs' option -

And the result is no spoilers -

This is a good example of how fundamental skinning is. I would argue most of the library improvements over the last few years have been inspired exclusively by skinners, please keep em' coming.