Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-15, 20:25)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how if it can be used for the content on the home screen and then as a direct path to open.

I tried to use the Watchlist script recently but it was horrible as it took to long to go from the home screen to the actual content and you often saw another dialog as it loaded.

It works in Arctic: Zephyr by adding the PleXBMC path as a favourite, and adding the favourite to the custom widgets. Should be possible with fTV, right?
Damn dude, just installed this masterpiece! Congratulations! Keep it up ...
(2015-05-15, 20:15)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You watch the latest downloaded episode before watching the previous ones?

The problem with full plots is a lot of them are written by users and are horrible or full of spoilers.

It's just over the years where I've refreshed or built a new library and members of my family have continued watching an ongoing show. I've never had the need, but it's simply a non-issue now I know how easy it is to mark an entire show or season as watched. In fact I prefer the stacked list for 'Updated TV Shows'.

In regards to the full plots I avoid them too, but alternatively I follow the plot outline with a review quote and multiple ratings for comparison. Since I tune all of my metadata externally i'll just copy the plot to the plot outline, problem solved.

Seems every issue I've stumbled across is simply a by-product of the way i'm used to using Kodi, something to attribute to the flexibility of the software and your hard work. Thanks again.
Where do I add source or change the source?
(2015-05-15, 22:59)mgk70 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I add source or change the source?

For what?
(2015-05-15, 21:14)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 20:25)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Depends how if it can be used for the content on the home screen and then as a direct path to open.

I tried to use the Watchlist script recently but it was horrible as it took to long to go from the home screen to the actual content and you often saw another dialog as it loaded.

It works in Arctic: Zephyr by adding the PleXBMC path as a favourite, and adding the favourite to the custom widgets. Should be possible with fTV, right?

If you want to test it yourself edit the Home.xml (make a backup first) and change all the 3 occurrences of special://skin/extras/video/RecentlyAddedMovies.xsp to whatever the PleXBMC path is.
Been waiting for this for a while now, looks fab so far. Only been hands on for a short while

One question I do have, is the Fire tv box UI has a "shimmer" effect over the selected film / tv show. And also on the side menu text. Is that something that could possibly be implemented on the Ftv Skin?

thanks
(2015-05-15, 23:39)Djsimonsez Wrote: [ -> ]Been waiting for this for a while now, looks fab so far. Only been hands on for a short while

One question I do have, is the Fire tv box UI has a "shimmer" effect over the selected film / tv show. And also on the side menu text. Is that something that could possibly be implemented on the Ftv Skin?

thanks

No, there's no such function in the skinning engine for this unfortunately.
(2015-05-15, 23:43)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 23:39)Djsimonsez Wrote: [ -> ]Been waiting for this for a while now, looks fab so far. Only been hands on for a short while

thanks

No, there's no such function in the skinning engine for this unfortunately.

fair enough, thanks for the quick reply. and again, great work
(2015-05-15, 23:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 22:59)mgk70 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I add source or change the source?

For what?

Can't find where to add video source.
(2015-05-16, 00:25)mgk70 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 23:34)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

For what?

Can't find where to add video source.

Videos > Files > Add videos
@Hitcher i want to add a finish time to the top right how can i do this my self?

.ps great work on the skin keep it up.
Hitcher:

I know it is an alpha, but I found a couple of things:

When you have movies selected, after the stars, you have the number of votes. Sometimes they are properly separated by a comma, but not always.

I also noticed, that when you use extendedinfo, after you select a movie, you can click on an actor. This will show you all the movies he has done, but when you click on the movie, it doesn't show any information for that movie, like actors, plot,etc.

This is a very nice skin!
Also a tiny request can you make an option to change the font size would really appreciate it thanks
Absolutely terrific skin!
Its just a bit different than I'm used to. 1st thing I want to do is launch specific addons with a custom action (which I see you have here) but unlike other skins it doesn't automatically input the action just by selecting the app/addon.
How would I set say ROM collection browser to launch from the home menu under "Games"?
I tried googling it but couldn't find a specific procedure. Thanks.

Edit--shoulda thought a little more before posting. I just went back to my old skin and copied the custom action.