Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-23, 23:58)phil65 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-23, 23:41)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]for whatever reason I get dependencies not met, installing from zip

Probably because script.toolbox is not part of the official repository yet. You have to donwload it manually atm. (look in skin development subforum)

thanks
ive installed the latest version of the skin. set for UK clasifications and im getting "rating" and then next to it "U' next to all my videos.

so eg 12 U or 15 U

my nfo is like this for classifications

<certification>UK:12A</certification>

im guessing the UK is being picked up as U

anyone else come across this?
How do I toggle hiding watched ?
Many thanks for the update, but with v0.9.5 the "previews" of Movies and TVShows are no longer working, the HomeScreen is blank and only the menu on the left side is shown. Downgrading to v0.9.3. solves the problem. Please inform, if I can provide any logs/screenshot to ease debugging (if it's really a bug)
(2015-05-24, 06:36)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the update, but with v0.9.5 the "previews" of Movies and TVShows are no longer working, the HomeScreen is blank and only the menu on the left side is shown. Downgrading to v0.9.3. solves the problem. Please inform, if I can provide any logs/screenshot to ease debugging (if it's really a bug)
May be is because of this :

release now available.
Includes home widget customisation (tutorial available soon)
(2015-05-24, 08:03)ecolombres Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 06:36)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Many thanks for the update, but with v0.9.5 the "previews" of Movies and TVShows are no longer working, the HomeScreen is blank and only the menu on the left side is shown. Downgrading to v0.9.3. solves the problem. Please inform, if I can provide any logs/screenshot to ease debugging (if it's really a bug)

release now available.

It's pretty straightforward to customise the home widgets. Enter skin settings to customise home menu. Select Movies > Widget you'll see there are 8 slots to customise widgets. You can select the default skin options for each of the available slots from the menu options displayed or add a personal playlist or favourite instead. What I'm not sure about is if you can edit the label.

Scroll through the home menu items to customise each one that has the widget option available.

Hitcher I noticed that the widget option for TV was disabled for me on v0.9.5 anyone else experienced that as well?
(2015-05-24, 02:30)Japaja Wrote: [ -> ]How do I toggle hiding watched ?

Don't think you can and if that's the case it will be a design decision to mimic as closely the experience with the Fire TV this skin is based upon. Similar to requiring a remote to control playback functions instead of a keyboard.
Hitcher

After becoming so accustomed and addicted to displaying the variety of different artwork available for movies and tv shows in differing views it's so refreshing and liberating to just focus on watching my library content instead of obsessing over how it appeared when scrolling the contents.

Never heard of this fire tv device before you created this skin but I'm converted. The skin is quick, simple to navigate, looks clean and polished like a retail appliance would.

Thanks for all your time and effort to date and continuing with this development.

This really sets itself apart from every other Kodi skin, and that is no disrespect to the wonderful skins that are available and I still use.
Okay, thanks for the assistance - I feared that it was my lack of knowledge. So I was able to customize the HomeScreen for Movies and TVShows, fine. However, I added the item "Kids Movies" to the Menu - is there a way to customize the HomeScreen for newly added items as well? "Choose Widget" is greyed out for my newly created item Kids Movies...

P.S. Would be sufficient if it's identical with the Movie section
(2015-05-24, 08:26)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 08:03)ecolombres Wrote: [ -> ]

release now available.

It's pretty straightforward to customise the home widgets. Enter skin settings to customise home menu. Select Movies > Widget you'll see there are 8 slots to customise widgets. You can select the default skin options for each of the available slots from the menu options displayed or add a personal playlist or favourite instead. What I'm not sure about is if you can edit the label.

Scroll through the home menu items to customise each one that has the widget option available.

Hitcher I noticed that the widget option for TV was disabled for me on v0.9.5 anyone else experienced that as well?
You can edit the label and the path by simply navigating left and right to them and pressing enter/OK.

If the TV widget is disabled it's because it's not using the Skin Shortcuts 'tvshows' entry. To fix this go to 'Choose shortcut' > 'Common' > 'TV Shows'. Now you select your chosen widgets and relabel the main menu item if you want.
(2015-05-24, 08:41)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, thanks for the assistance - I feared that it was my lack of knowledge. So I was able to customize the HomeScreen for Movies and TVShows, fine. However, I added the item "Kids Movies" to the Menu - is there a way to customize the HomeScreen for newly added items as well? "Choose Widget" is greyed out for my newly created item Kids Movies...

P.S. Would be sufficient if it's identical with the Movie section
Because of the way the widgets are coded you can only select them for Movies (8 items), TV Shows (8 items), Music (8 items), Videos (1 item), Programs (1 item), and Pictures (1 item). I can't actually use the Skin Shortcuts widgets function as that doesn't provide a path for displaying the items on the home screen, instead this is a custom button added to the Skin Shortcuts menu.
Video tutorial

Thanks for the update Hitcher, works like a charme!!
Thanks, it was a nightmare getting the customisation working.
(2015-05-24, 02:30)Japaja Wrote: [ -> ]How do I toggle hiding watched ?

Didn't add that button as it would break the home to video nav transition. If you really need a list of unwatched videos simply make a smart playlist and add it to the home movie widgets. You can even label it as 'Unwatched Movies' now.

Interstellar is still unwatched? Now that the skin works perfect, there is time for the important things in life: Go and watch Interstellar!