Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hitcher, it seems that I can't select a movie widget if the Movies shortcut isn't set to Common -> Movies.

Is this a technical limitation or can it be changed?

Because this means that when using PleXBMC, the Movies shortcut in the main menu doesn't work.

The widgets work fine, when pressing 'Right', but it would be nice if clicking 'Select' on Movies also worked, when using PleXBMC and not the Kodi library.

Thanks,
Hi just wondering will there ever be an option to view as a grid inside a section> such as my movies section has 300 movies and a grid would help rather than a continuous scroll
(2015-05-25, 10:07)Speighty Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Check out the source link in the first post.

Thanks for the quick reply, whats the best way to update, can I just download the latest zip and install from zip within kodi or do I need to manually copy the files over to the ftv skin folder inside of the kodi files.
Either.
(2015-05-25, 10:14)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher, it seems that I can't select a movie widget if the Movies shortcut isn't set to Common -> Movies.

Is this a technical limitation or can it be changed?

Because this means that when using PleXBMC, the Movies shortcut in the main menu doesn't work.

The widgets work fine, when pressing 'Right', but it would be nice if clicking 'Select' on Movies also worked, when using PleXBMC and not the Kodi library.

Thanks,
It's a limitation on how the widgets are displayed on the home screen but you can change the Movies link to whatever you want.
(2015-05-25, 10:56)Ersen.o Wrote: [ -> ]Hi just wondering will there ever be an option to view as a grid inside a section> such as my movies section has 300 movies and a grid would help rather than a continuous scroll
Not unless such a view gets added to the Fire TV. You can easily break up your movies into genres, years, etc by making smart playlists and adding them to the home movies menu.
(2015-05-24, 21:23)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Since I do not know how to attach 'strings.po' to a post, send me a PM if someone is interested in testing the draft German translation.

Just upload it to Pastebin and share the link here.
Just installed the latest build. Non of the home sections are being populated with widgets? I've checked my debug log and there's no errors being thrown related to the skin so I'm stumped.
tungmeister,

The widgets on my system got cleared when I updated the skin to version 0.9.4 with customisable home widgets. However, it doesn't take very long to customise the widgets!

Edit: Once you update to subsequent releases, your home widget settings are retained.
(2015-05-25, 12:27)ssh_reconnect Wrote: [ -> ]tungmeister,

The widgets on my system got cleared when I updated the skin to version 0.9.4 with customisable home widgets. However, it doesn't take very long to customise the widgets!

Edit: Once you update to subsequent releases, your home widget settings are retained.

Thanks, I'd assumed resetting all shortcuts to default would fix it, going into settings deeper and setting each widget up has fixed it.
Hey Hitcher

Couple of more thoughts:

1. In the customise sections of skin settings, whats that difference between "Reset Shortcuts" and Reset All Shortcuts? I would assume Reset Shortcut only resets that shortcut, for example TV Shows. And all resets all. But when you click Reset Shortcuts, it seems to reset the labels of all the shortcuts. Is this in intentional?

2. Just for user clarity - In the same section, what do you reckon about moving "Add" to become a button alongside Reset Shortcuts etc and call it "Add Shortcut". "Add" does not relate to any specific shortcut as far as I am aware.

Cheers
(2015-05-25, 12:44)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]1. In the customise sections of skin settings, whats that difference between "Reset Shortcuts" and Reset All Shortcuts? I would assume Reset Shortcut only resets that shortcut, for example TV Shows. And all resets all. But when you click Reset Shortcuts, it seems to reset the labels of all the shortcuts. Is this in intentional?
One resets the current list and the other resets all lists but as I'm not using sub menu lists I can remove one of them, thanks
(2015-05-25, 12:44)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]2. Just for user clarity - In the same section, what do you reckon about moving "Add" to become a button alongside Reset Shortcuts etc and call it "Add Shortcut". "Add" does not relate to any specific shortcut as far as I am aware.
Sounds good now I'll have one less button now. Wink
Seeing as this skin is more popular than I thought it would be I've added OSD controls to music and video. You can still hide them if you want. Wink

akhems Wrote:
Amazing skin. Quick and tidy!

Is the any way to make a menu item display a super favs folder without clicking on the menu item?

for example, Menu item called "Live TV" shows the addons in the super folder "Live-tv-stuff" on the right, when you highlight it.

Thanks for creating an amazing skin.

Have you tried adding it as the widget for Videos? You might have to add it to your favourites first and then select favourites when picking your widget.

Have tried that. No joy. You cant select a widget for a custom menu item. Only ones that are already there, like Videos, Music etc.
Have tried that. No joy. You cant select a widget for a custom menu item. Only ones that are already there, like Videos, Music etc.

(2015-05-25, 02:16)akhems Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing skin. Quick and tidy!

Is the any way to make a menu item display a super favs folder without clicking on the menu item?

for example, Menu item called "Live TV" shows the addons in the super folder "Live-tv-stuff" on the right, when you highlight it.

Thanks for creating an amazing skin.
Have you tried adding it as the widget for Videos? You might have to add it to your favourites first and then select favourites when picking your widget.
[
But have you tried to add it to your favourites and then select it from the favourites option when selecting the widget?
I've tried favouriting a folder from the retrospect addon (for example Swedish on demand channels) but to no avail (I can open up the addon folder by selecting the widget but the widget itself is blank and does not show any of the folder items), if this works that would be awesome!

Edited for clarity
Cant select widget option on new menu items. Sad
See pic.Image

(2015-05-25, 13:30)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]But have you tried to add it to your favourites and then select it from the favourites option when selecting the widget?