Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Works for me using iPlayer addon so it must be something to do with the addon you're using.

(2015-05-25, 13:39)akhems Wrote: [ -> ]Cant select widget option on new menu items. Sad
See pic.Image

(2015-05-25, 13:30)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]But have you tried to add it to your favourites and then select it from the favourites option when selecting the widget?

New items aren't supported yet (needs changes to the skin shortcuts script) so you'll have to use videos for now.
Ahh i got that, but when you create a new menu item, it doesn't let you select widgets, its blacked out.

(2015-05-25, 13:44)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me using iPlayer addon so it must be something to do with the addon you're using.

(2015-05-25, 11:08)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 21:23)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Since I do not know how to attach 'strings.po' to a post, send me a PM if someone is interested in testing the draft German translation.

Just upload it to Pastebin and share the link here.

Here is the first try of a German lanugage file for this excellent skin, based on Version 0.9.9. I will monitor the changes of the original English language file and adjust the German one correspondingly. Please inform me in case of remarks, amendments or any kind of typo or other improvement anyone comes across.
(2015-05-25, 13:55)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-25, 11:08)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-24, 21:23)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]Since I do not know how to attach 'strings.po' to a post, send me a PM if someone is interested in testing the draft German translation.

Just upload it to Pastebin and share the link here.

Here is the first try of a German lanugage file for this excellent skin, based on Version 0.9.9. I will monitor the changes of the original English language file and adjust the German one correspondingly. Please inform me in case of remarks, amendments or any kind of typo or other improvement anyone comes across.

You said you based this off confluence. Is there any automated way to do this so one would only need to modify the missing strings?
Ahhhh ok, thanks buddy Smile
No, at least none that I'm aware of. I started from scratch, but I wanted to avoid that I introduce new/uncommon German terms and that is the reason why I looked up every entry manually in the German confluence strings.po, whether it has already been translated
Hello Hitcher

Is it not possible to link the custom widgets to say Genesis Most popular, Box office, People watching etc, at the moment it only pulls information
from what I have added to the Kodi library, I think that this would make the content that is displayed more dynamic
To the above poster: no piracy addon talk. But you can add probably anything as long as you add it to favourites first I believe.

Now I don't know if the ftv has the feature I'm about to request, it probably doesn't because I don't seem to be able to access it on your skin. Any chance of having the video info pop up on screen when video is playing when tapping i on the keyboard or pressing guide on a remote?
(2015-05-25, 14:35)Skribbler1 Wrote: [ -> ]To the above poster: no piracy addon talk. But you can add probably anything as long as you add it to favourites first I believe.

Now I don't know if the ftv has the feature I'm about to request, it probably doesn't because I don't seem to be able to access it on your skin. Any chance of having the video info pop up on screen when video is playing when tapping i on the keyboard or pressing guide on a remote?

That's correct, along as the folder you add to favourites has videos etc inside it it should display that media if you add it as a widget.

I have done exactly what the poster mentions with genesis, added most popular as a favourite and then added that favourite as a widget, displays the videos inside perfectly.
Now this has customisable widgets, this skin is sensational, well done Hitcher great work!!
(2015-05-25, 15:05)Speighty Wrote: [ -> ]That's correct, along as the folder you add to favourites has videos etc inside it it should display that media if you add it as a widget.

I have done exactly what the poster mentions with genesis, added most popular as a favourite and then added that favourite as a widget, displays the videos inside perfectly.

Ah the video thing is probably it seeing as the folder I added from retrospect contained different channels but these are probably handled as sub folders rather than videos!
Any way of adding support for non video items? (These "folders" have icons and display beautifully in the skin when opening up the addon itself)
(2015-05-25, 11:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-25, 10:14)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]Hitcher, it seems that I can't select a movie widget if the Movies shortcut isn't set to Common -> Movies.

Is this a technical limitation or can it be changed?

Because this means that when using PleXBMC, the Movies shortcut in the main menu doesn't work.

The widgets work fine, when pressing 'Right', but it would be nice if clicking 'Select' on Movies also worked, when using PleXBMC and not the Kodi library.

Thanks,
It's a limitation on how the widgets are displayed on the home screen but you can change the Movies link to whatever you want.

But if I change the Movies link, I can't add a widget because it's greyed out?
(2015-05-25, 14:35)Skribbler1 Wrote: [ -> ]Now I don't know if the ftv has the feature I'm about to request, it probably doesn't because I don't seem to be able to access it on your skin. Any chance of having the video info pop up on screen when video is playing when tapping i on the keyboard or pressing guide on a remote?
You should see this when pressing i

(2015-05-25, 15:41)hsus Wrote: [ -> ]Ah the video thing is probably it seeing as the folder I added from retrospect contained different channels but these are probably handled as sub folders rather than videos!
Any way of adding support for non video items? (These "folders" have icons and display beautifully in the skin when opening up the addon itself)
That might be because I based the visibility conditions on the icons instead of the labels so try v0.9.92 and let me know.
(2015-05-25, 15:49)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]But if I change the Movies link, I can't add a widget because it's greyed out?
If movies is blacked out then you're not using the Skin Shortcuts movie link. Wink