Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
14th home screen re-write started today!
(2014-12-03, 11:28)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]14th home screen re-write started today!
why not just do it correct right from the start. You're only writing this to make us believe it's hard work, right? Tongue
Lol, it's partly a learning process and partly perfectionism.

Initially I only has 3 sub sections to prove it could be done with a grouplist of groups and lots of animations. This code continually had re-writes to perfect until I came to add more sub sections where it became evident it would require way to many conditional includes and restrict what could go in them. Also the main list was re-written until I came up with a version I was happy with. In the end I've used normal lists for both because of the navigation problems caused when using grouplists.
Impatience Vs. Perfection
Huh
Ubisoft Vs. Valve
Wink
you know that I was kidding, right? Smile
edit: by reading Valve and perfection in one context - where is Half Life EP3 *aaaargh*
(2014-12-03, 17:42)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, it's partly a learning process and partly perfectionism.

Initially I only has 3 sub sections to prove it could be done with a grouplist of groups and lots of animations. This code continually had re-writes to perfect until I came to add more sub sections where it became evident it would require way to many conditional includes and restrict what could go in them. Also the main list was re-written until I came up with a version I was happy with. In the end I've used normal lists for both because of the navigation problems caused when using grouplists.

Can you get the settings working & the Video addons section working along with that TVshow/Movie Description i seen on one of your early Fire tv videos & ofcourse the video player UI etc

Then just release that early build for me, and i will be happy since that is all i will use it for Big Grin
(2014-12-03, 18:28)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]you know that I was kidding, right? Smile

Of course. Smile

Anyway here's what all that hard work has achieved, and I'm almost happy with, for the final home screen re-write.

That looks very smooth and clean. Nod
you better startover - this looks way to good Wink
(2014-12-04, 17:06)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]you better startover - this looks way to good Wink

ETA for release will be Dec 2015? Rofl
OK I don't give out ETA's as it's all done in my free time but I can definitely say it wont be out before Christmas.

Sorry to disappoint anyone but I don't want you getting your hopes up.
(2014-12-04, 19:54)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]OK I don't give out ETA's as it's all done in my free time but I can definitely say it wont be out before Christmas.

You just made 2015 exciting. Thanks for all the hard work...Know you will release it 'When its ready'....Cheers
(2014-12-04, 19:54)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]OK I don't give out ETA's as it's all done in my free time but I can definitely say it wont be out before Christmas.

No apology or explanation necessary. 2015 was already going to be a banner year for me with the release of Avengers Age of Ultron, Star Wars and the Rugby World Cup. Now I have something else to add to that list with the release of FTV Big Grin. When I first saw the name of the skin I immediately thought of Fashion TV and after viewing the progress videos who's not to say that it isn't fashionable, stylish, elegant and every fanboys dream.

Love your work Hitcher, many thanks for your selfless time and dedication, we are very lucky and privileged that yourself and other skinners dont charge for the use of your creativity.
Great progress Hitcher, I wonder how many pages you have finished?
Yes/No, Busy, Pause, Seek, Fast forward and Rewind.