Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-16, 16:14)bigpanda Wrote: [ -> ]Preliminary nextup notification support for strms. please download from im85288's github and report back in that thread.

Lol no wonder it hasn't worked for me… all my tv shows are strms and I didn't realize they weren't supported yet haha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
Has anyone else had the next episode feature crash Kodi?

Every time I try and use it I'm dumped back to the Fire TV homepage.

Using Isengard 15 beta 1 and ftv v1.0.

I'll ask in the Next Episode thread as well.
(2015-06-16, 19:14)llygoden Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else had the next episode feature crash Kodi?

Same here, it crashes after using the next episode Feature.
Using also the same Kodi Isengard Beta 1 / FTV 1.0 Confused
(2015-06-16, 19:14)llygoden Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone else had the next episode feature crash Kodi?

A debug error log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/pohcebrjx or http://pastebin.com/7sbiAbk7
(2015-06-17, 01:00)llygoden Wrote: [ -> ]

A debug error log can be found here: http://xbmclogs.com/pohcebrjx or http://pastebin.com/7sbiAbk7

So I recently decided to go the road of isengard and had a ton of problems get everything to work right with the ftv skin. I am no code expert but when I went to the forums to ask for help they asked for a debug log. Out of curiosity I browsed through mine . You have similar problems to that of mine. Hitcher checked out my log and said it was the user data folder that had a ton of problems. So I exported my video library and then deleted everything and started fresh and now everything works perfectly. I think it's due to the fact that when I uninstalled helix I didn't delete the user data folder. So If this is at all helpful awesome. Attempting to return the favor of helping as others had for me.
(2015-06-17, 01:00)llygoden Wrote: [ -> ]

Try another skin.
(2015-06-15, 18:48)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]Upgraded to 0.1.0 recently and issue #1 is no more. Yay!
Still sees the issue where the videos start minimized and would have to press the back button a few times to see the video.
Just to be specific, the issue for me has to do with playing the trailers of movies. And more specifically, these are movies that I added to the library from video add-ons.

Congrats on getting to 1.0.0!

Once unicode-supported Arial is included, I can't wait for this to be part of the official repo. This is my favourite skin to date and I'm not easy to please!

Thanks for all of your hard work.

(2015-06-08, 21:12)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 18:57)springroll Wrote: [ -> ]@Hitcher - Understood you are busy with the other developments for the skin, let me know if you need anything else to address the two issues below.

Thanks!
I've not been able to reproduce them so I don't have a clue as to why it's happening. Are you on the very latest GitHub version?
Which addon exactly?
(2015-06-16, 09:38)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 21:52)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-15, 17:40)b711 Wrote: [ -> ]If you make the additional strings available for me prior to the new release, I'll do my very best to translate them asap - hoping that the updated German language file can then be included in the new release

http://pastebin.com/C7VLrMM2

Updated German language file

P.S. The string "Videos Widget" is defined twice (#31082 and #31194).
Cheers, I'll remove the second one.
(2015-06-16, 09:41)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 20:15)Damac10 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if asked. Will we get more custom widgets and also will more main menu items allow widgets . My setup has search ,next aired shortcuts but no widgets resulting in blank screen unlike weather ,tv shows and movies. Would look more consistent I think. Thanks again for the time you put into your awesome skin..
(2015-06-13, 00:17)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I really need an addition to the skin shortcuts script before this can happen.

@Hitcher - any news on the skin shortcut script ? I would also really like to implement more widgets from favourites... could a 2nd 'Movies' section be enabled?

keep up the great work.
No, I'm no Python coder so it's not something I can do myself.
Same here...lol..Calling all awesome python coders...Help take this skin too the next level of greatness...Thanks
Fist Hitcher, let me thank you for that great skin Smile

I have found one "Bug", but I don't know if I maybe did something wrong. In my Video library I have my Movies and TV Shows tagged with Kodi-Tags. I Tag my TV Shows for example with two tags.
  • Kids TV Shows
  • TV Shows (all the rest of my shows)
  • My wifes TV Shows (a subset of the "TV Shows")

For those two Tags I created Favourites. For the Movies I have done the same, so I have diffrent Groups of Movies tight together by tag like
  • James Bond Movies
  • Kids Movies
  • Movies (all other Movies, except those from "James Bond Movies" and from "Kids Movies")
  • My Wifes Favourite Movies (Subset of "Movies")

If I now choose a favourite (one of those tags) for the widget in Movies it displays everything perfectly. So for example my "James Bond Movies" are all displayed in the same order in the widget as they are displayed when I start to browse them by moving focus to the right side.

But for TV Shows it is not working. So the TV Shows, displayed with the widget are in a different order then the TV Shows when I start to browse them. The transition is completely messed up, as the order changes.
I guess the widget is displaying the favourite in a different order then the order is when browsing that favourite. Is there a way to adjust that.

How to easily replicate for a diagnose (also easily revertible):
Just tag a bunch of shows with a tag of your choice. Make a favourite of this tag. Assign that favourite to a widget in TV Shows.

Do you think there is another method of doing this? Maybe it is possible to create a play list like the other rows in the Standard Home Menu are, but the filter should be the tag-value. I just don't know hoe to do that...

Thank you for your support here. Hope someone can help here Smile

Regards
Vlaves

PS would it be possible to set square covers for TV Shows? For other things I can set the Cover to square.
You'll have to make a smart playlist for them in that case as skins have no control over the sort order of content.
(2015-06-17, 14:59)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to make a smart playlist for them in that case as skins have no control over the sort order of content.

Thanks for your quick answer Smile What about the square cover support in TV Shows?
They're only available if you're using an addon otherwise they follow the media type rules - movies, tv shows and season = poster.
(2015-06-17, 15:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]They're only available if you're using an addon otherwise they follow the media type rules - movies, tv shows and season = poster.

Thanks, I thought so. I just asked because I wanted to use the covers from here...then it would perfectly make sense to be able to have the option to use square cover also in TV Shows. Maybe u can reconsider it or at least give me a hint where in the code I need to make the adjustments Smile
(2015-06-17, 15:18)Vlaves Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-17, 15:14)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]They're only available if you're using an addon otherwise they follow the media type rules - movies, tv shows and season = poster.

Thanks, I thought so. I just asked because I wanted to use the covers from here...then it would perfectly make sense to be able to have the option to use square cover also in TV Shows. Maybe u can reconsider it or at least give me a hint where in the code I need to make the adjustments Smile
I too would like to know this Smile. That's probably the best place to get artwork from.
@Hitcher: I knew that this would happen, but I found some typos in my translation. Here is the corrected strings.po in German: http://pastebin.com/rrxg08pb

I would appreciate if you could check this in - sorry for any inconviences