Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-07-06, 11:52)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-05, 21:48)schlomo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 14:19)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Just bring up the info screen beforehand.

Thanks for the hint, Hitcher Wink But when you use skip step by press-and-hold the button, the progress won't show up until you release the button again.

(2015-07-06, 00:23)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know, this is how it's done on the Fire TV though.

That is how it works on an actual FTV, but I agree with schlomo. In a kodi world, when you use small and big step, it's very hard navigating around a video (pressing info first does not work since you can't skip when info is up). You have to seek blind and hope you are where you think you are, or press info after a few skips which is not a great user experience..

I made a mod the does 3 things:

- display the progress bar when skipping/seeking
- place a small orange "nib" or marker so you can see where you are skipping to (similar to how aeon nox does it)
- move the circular arrow indicator thingy up so it doesn't overlap with the progress

I'm not entirely happy with the orange marker thing, but it temporary for now and make navigating much much MUCH easier.

Files here if anyone wants them (just replace the files in skin.ftv but make a backup first!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nudzzouoqoje70...d.zip?dl=0

Cheers
Thanks man. Yeah you're def right about this
(2015-07-06, 11:52)eskay993 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-05, 21:48)schlomo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-04, 14:19)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Just bring up the info screen beforehand.

Thanks for the hint, Hitcher Wink But when you use skip step by press-and-hold the button, the progress won't show up until you release the button again.

(2015-07-06, 00:23)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know, this is how it's done on the Fire TV though.

That is how it works on an actual FTV, but I agree with schlomo. In a kodi world, when you use small and big step, it's very hard navigating around a video (pressing info first does not work since you can't skip when info is up). You have to seek blind and hope you are where you think you are, or press info after a few skips which is not a great user experience..

I made a mod the does 3 things:

- display the progress bar when skipping/seeking
- place a small orange "nib" or marker so you can see where you are skipping to (similar to how aeon nox does it)
- move the circular arrow indicator thingy up so it doesn't overlap with the progress

I'm not entirely happy with the orange marker thing, but it temporary for now and make navigating much much MUCH easier.

Files here if anyone wants them (just replace the files in skin.ftv but make a backup first!):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nudzzouoqoje70...d.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Great job, eskay993 Smile That's exactly what I was looking for. And it has some nice side effects either: the command "ShowTime" which I used to assign to a remote button works again. And the HD flags under the progress bar that I missed in fTV are back again.
Is it possible for the widgets to list episodes instead of shows on the home screen?
I really like the transition from the home screen to inside of a widget but when I've added a widget from a smart playlist based on episodes content (LazyTV) the home screen still display shows and then jump to episodes view when selecting this widget.
(2015-07-06, 12:18)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have another think about adding something for the next release.

Awesome! Thanks Hitcher.

(2015-07-06, 13:44)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks man. Yeah you're def right about this
(2015-07-06, 14:37)schlomo Wrote: [ -> ]Great job, eskay993 Smile That's exactly what I was looking for. And it has some nice side effects either: the command "ShowTime" which I used to assign to a remote button works again. And the HD flags under the progress bar that I missed in fTV are back again.

No worries. Glad others found it useful. Not sure how those side effects happened as I only made very minor changes to Hitcher's code, but it all sounds good Big Grin
Is it my imagination or has the watch trailer button vanished for movies in my library after upgrading to to RC1 ?
I got fed up with the pixelated / rounded corner images in favourites that come with the standard apps. So Ive done a few 500 x 500 images for the favourites section to sharpen the whole thing up. If anyones interested i can upload them?

BBC IPLAYER, NBC SPORTS, HBO GO, FOX SPORTS, NETFLIX, PREMIER LEAGUE PASS.

watch gallery
[/quote]

Can do more if requested
1. Bug:
Dim screen behind popup windows does not cover the entire screen.
It's hard to see this in the screenshot. Pay attention to the sides of the screen.

2. I added my my Trakt watchllist to the homescreen widget using this link (plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=movies_trakt_watchlist).
I'm guessing since it's need to load the list from inside the genesis addon it took some time to show in kodi.
Is it possible to add some kind of loading animation for this?
I see there are only widgets options for movies and tvshows. Are there plans to add ability to select custom widgets for custom entries on main menu?
Hi Hitcher,

Just wondering if you might have any plans in the future to integrate MartinAyla's work on the PVR support fork from https://github.com/MartinAyla/skin.ftv into your version?
It's working 100%, just need some polish to really shine. (You have to make the home menu item your self.

//TjaLfE
(2015-07-09, 13:54)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Hitcher,

Just wondering if you might have any plans in the future to integrate MartinAyla's work on the PVR support fork from https://github.com/MartinAyla/skin.ftv into your version?
It's working 100%, just need some polish to really shine. (You have to make the home menu item your self.

//TjaLfE

+1
Look really good good job
You have developed a great skin. Can you please add a random movie/TV show widget option?
I have tried to install fTV in Kodi 15.0 on both a RPI2 and an android device and in both instances I only get a black screen where the main menu should be (no fonts). The skin gets loaded in the settings menu which looks fine at that stage but when I exit to main menu there is only a black screen. I have gone through the thread and have not found anyone else with this issue. Thanks for making a great skin and hopefully someone can help me get it working Smile
(2015-07-09, 13:54)TjaLfE Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Hitcher,

//TjaLfE

This would be great!

I recently purchased a HDHomeRun Prime. The network tuner is really easy to setup and works well. I think it will be even more popular when they release their PVR software later this year which will work with Kodi.
Can't seem to get my changes to home screen to stick. For instance, deleting home screen menu items does nothing at all.