Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just installed the fTV skin, and gotta say - nice work Hitcher, your efforts are definitely appreciated. I ran into an issue though, and I'm hoping someone has some insight into how to fix it, or at least has some pointers on how to start trouble-shooting it. I just got the latest amazon fire tv stick, side-loaded the latest version of Kodi isengard onto it, and grabbed the fTV skin zip from the git repo "Download ZIP" link (https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv). It installed fine, and in general seems to be working, except for the Home screen won't display the configured widgets. I followed the tutorial at the start of this thread (nice work on the UI, very straight-forward). Everything seemed to work when I went in to settings->appearance->skins->skin settings->Customise Home Menu. I tried adding a widget or two to Movies and to Videos, everything seemed to save ok, and when I exited the skin settings it said it was rebuilding the menus. However - when I'm on the home screen and moving up & down through the menus - the configured widgets do not show. If I go back into the settings area, it still has all of my configuration changes. I've seen some recent posts describing a similar situation, and see some discussions about needing to install the github version of the toolbox and skinshortcuts addons, which I didn't do. Does this seem like the problem? Are there official install instructions anywhere - I didn't see anything like a readme or install doc on the github repository. I'd like to make sure I'm not missing any other steps in the process.

Edit: I've found more posts discussing this, and now get that this is still beta and it currently has some dependencies on unreleased versions of certain other addons (hopefully just toolbox & skinshortcuts), so I'll give that a shot tonight. It would be nice if there was a brief "how to install" post somewhere so that us dumb noobs don't all ask the same bonehead questions :-).

Thanks - Jim
(2015-08-11, 16:36)wangotango Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the fTV skin, and gotta say - nice work Hitcher, your efforts are definitely appreciated. I ran into an issue though, and I'm hoping someone has some insight into how to fix it, or at least has some pointers on how to start trouble-shooting it. I just got the latest amazon fire tv stick, side-loaded the latest version of Kodi isengard onto it, and grabbed the fTV skin zip from the git repo "Download ZIP" link (https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv). It installed fine, and in general seems to be working, except for the Home screen won't display the configured widgets. I followed the tutorial at the start of this thread (nice work on the UI, very straight-forward). Everything seemed to work when I went in to settings->appearance->skins->skin settings->Customise Home Menu. I tried adding a widget or two to Movies and to Videos, everything seemed to save ok, and when I exited the skin settings it said it was rebuilding the menus. However - when I'm on the home screen and moving up & down through the menus - the configured widgets do not show. If I go back into the settings area, it still has all of my configuration changes. I've seen some recent posts describing a similar situation, and see some discussions about needing to install the github version of the toolbox and skinshortcuts addons, which I didn't do. Does this seem like the problem? Are there official install instructions anywhere - I didn't see anything like a readme or install doc on the github repository. I'd like to make sure I'm not missing any other steps in the process.

Edit: I've found more posts discussing this, and now get that this is still beta and it currently has some dependencies on unreleased versions of certain other addons (hopefully just toolbox & skinshortcuts), so I'll give that a shot tonight. It would be nice if there was a brief "how to install" post somewhere so that us dumb noobs don't all ask the same bonehead questions :-).

Thanks - Jim

I'm pretty sure i had this same issue. Delete all the widgets, restart kodi then readd the ones you want
Is there a way to set the default view type to Squares for addons (e.g., USTV VoD)? Currently, it seems to default to Wide for all addons.
(2015-08-12, 02:09)Oath Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-11, 16:36)wangotango Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed the fTV skin, and gotta say - nice work Hitcher, your efforts are definitely appreciated. I ran into an issue though, and I'm hoping someone has some insight into how to fix it, or at least has some pointers on how to start trouble-shooting it. I just got the latest amazon fire tv stick, side-loaded the latest version of Kodi isengard onto it, and grabbed the fTV skin zip from the git repo "Download ZIP" link (https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv). It installed fine, and in general seems to be working, except for the Home screen won't display the configured widgets. I followed the tutorial at the start of this thread (nice work on the UI, very straight-forward). Everything seemed to work when I went in to settings->appearance->skins->skin settings->Customise Home Menu. I tried adding a widget or two to Movies and to Videos, everything seemed to save ok, and when I exited the skin settings it said it was rebuilding the menus. However - when I'm on the home screen and moving up & down through the menus - the configured widgets do not show. If I go back into the settings area, it still has all of my configuration changes. I've seen some recent posts describing a similar situation, and see some discussions about needing to install the github version of the toolbox and skinshortcuts addons, which I didn't do. Does this seem like the problem? Are there official install instructions anywhere - I didn't see anything like a readme or install doc on the github repository. I'd like to make sure I'm not missing any other steps in the process.

Thanks - Jim

I'm pretty sure i had this same issue. Delete all the widgets, restart kodi then readd the ones you want

Thanks. This worked for me.
Help needed...

Fresh install of KODI Isengaerd.. no add-on installed, how will i get the artwork, etc to populate for my media or trakt collections? Sorry I have looked though the threads and searched and can't figure out how to set this up on the menu structure or anything so that the shows artwork shows up, just a blank right half of my screen.

I also added the source for my PLEX server and nothing is showing up... I customized the tv shows section to add "your tv shows" but nothing shows up on the main screen after adding.

thanks!
Also, the TV Shows item refuses to show up on the main screen, it shows up on the appearance > skin > settings >customize home menu, but not when I go back to the Home Menu proper.

I have reset everything and restarted.
Also, on the customize Main menu screen it says "Customize Submenu #X" and not "Widget"
(2015-08-12, 05:24)teddyberry Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the TV Shows item refuses to show up on the main screen, it shows up on the appearance > skin > settings >customize home menu, but not when I go back to the Home Menu proper.

I have reset everything and restarted.

Same here :-(

(2015-08-12, 05:32)teddyberry Wrote: [ -> ]Also, on the customize Main menu screen it says "Customize Submenu #X" and not "Widget"

I think this is ok. (I've seen it in a youtube video with working widgets)
Ok, I have my home screen working, had to start from scratch and also pre install the shortcuts and tool zips from github.

How does the home screen know when to update (look for new data)?

Only thing I seem to be having an issue with now is that my Movie, TV collection and watch lists don't update on the home screen unless I shut down and restart. So, lets say I add an item to the movie or tv library from my phone, it doesn't update on the home screen unless i reboot.
(2015-08-12, 10:49)teddyberry Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I have my home screen working, had to start from scratch and also pre install the shortcuts and tool zips from github.

How does the home screen know when to update (look for new data)?

Only thing I seem to be having an issue with now is that my Movie, TV collection and watch lists don't update on the home screen unless I shut down and restart. So, lets say I add an item to the movie or tv library from my phone, it doesn't update on the home screen unless i reboot.

Same here, the home widgets quickly get 'out of date'.
Mine update when using Kodi to update things (eg artwork, library update, etc).
When using PleXBMC, the only way to update widgets, is to restart Kodi :/

Anything else we can do to make them reload/update?
(2015-08-12, 10:49)teddyberry Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I have my home screen working, had to start from scratch and also pre install the shortcuts and tool zips from github.

Which zips do you mean? I just downloaded the current github-repo as one zip and installed it as a skin. Is that not correct?
https://github.com/HitcherUK/skin.ftv
(2015-08-12, 11:06)Ayla Wrote: [ -> ]When using PleXBMC, the only way to update widgets, is to restart Kodi :/

Anything else we can do to make them reload/update?
No idea.