Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Demo Scenes add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made the DemoScenes add-on for playing scene clips from movies, for demo and testing.

You add scenes from playing movies by pressing a key ("d"), the scene is then added to a list, with thumb and art made from screenshot of the scene playing.
The scenes can then be played later, from a list invoked from the DemoScenes add-on.
In a demo situation this is excellent - all scenes arranged readily available, starting at the right offset, no need to fiddle with bookmarks or searching for the right movie.

I post it here in case others find it useful.
Feel free to modify it as you find suitable, there may be bugs I did not find and a few "issues" I did not fix.

I searched for similar solutions, but found nothing, and there were at least one other request for something like this.

It also works fine for music, though you get no thumb or art.

They keymap must be added manually to the keymaps.xml file in your userdata folder:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<d>RunScript(&quot;/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.demoscenes/demoscenes_add.py&quot;)</d>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

DemoScenes add-on zip file:
http:///www.kvalsvoll.com/public_files/D...scenes.zip
In case someone actually wants to try DemoScenes, here is some additional info that might be useful:

On Kodi, the name has changed, so the keymap.xml would then look like:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<d>RunScript(&quot;~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.demoscenes/demoscenes_add.py&quot;)</d>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

When adding the first scene, you will be prompted to set the screenshot folder.
The screenshot for the first scene then fails, this can be avoided by setting the screenshot folder from the settings menu.
Screenshots are used for art and thumb, the screenshot is deleted from the screenshot folder and art and thumb is placed in the DemoScenes add-on folder.

Scenes are placed in Scene Sets.
The Scene Set is selected from existing sets, or you can make a new one.
Then the name of the scene is entered.

I have tested DemoScenes on Ubuntu 12.04 XBMC 12.2, Win7 Kodi 14.0-Alpha5, Ubuntu 14.04 Kodi 14.0-Alpha5.

Enjoy.