Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know that, being too focused on something Wink Sure I can wait, got enough to play around in your designer, truly amazing!

Did my first color scheme and got a few questions, maybe you can give me a hint?
Whats the difference between home-art and art? Only the menue-label with background? And i didnt get this background in another color (like the focused menue item par example)

Skip indicators in the osd are missing!
(2015-11-11, 23:00)blutstein Wrote: [ -> ]i know that, being too focused on something Wink Sure I can wait, got enough to play around in your designer, truly amazing!

Did my first color scheme and got a few questions, maybe you can give me a hint?
Whats the difference between home-art and art? Only the menue-label with background? And i didnt get this background in another color (like the focused menue item par example)

Skip indicators in the osd are missing!

Yes Home art is the user defined picture for Home section (the one with the menu label as you said). You can define it in SkinShortcuts item option by choosing any picture you want or one from the media/homeart skin folder. For the Color behind it, it shares the bloc4 Color defined in the Color tool (I didn't want to add a new bloc for this, too heavy to handle in designer).

Skip indicator has been already been reported, it's in my to do list Wink ... But the autobuilder is much needed first now it begins to be really for advanced users. It will come very soon so I'll be then free for those bugs fixing and try then the repo Big Grin
Can we modify the progress display any.. Seems to sit in the same spot whether your running a horizontal or vertical view.
(2015-11-11, 23:33)tmaru Wrote: [ -> ]Can we modify the progress display any.. Seems to sit in the same spot whether your running a horizontal or vertical view.
Huh, not intended to work this way. Will check, seems something missing with the new designer. I admit I didn't test the OSD in vertical, thought it didn't need to.

EDIT : Was asking myself if it makes sens that the OSD moves with the sidebar and not just stick to the bottom like other skins ...
(2015-11-11, 23:39)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-11, 23:33)tmaru Wrote: [ -> ]Can we modify the progress display any.. Seems to sit in the same spot whether your running a horizontal or vertical view.
Huh, not intended to work this way. Will check, seems something missing with the new designer. I admit I didn't test the OSD in vertical, thought it didn't need to.

EDIT : Was asking myself if it makes sens that the OSD moves with the sidebar and not just stick to the bottom like other skins ...
To be clear not the osd itself but the block with the clock icon and the times and progress bar..
(2015-11-11, 23:59)tmaru Wrote: [ -> ]To be clear not the osd itself but the block with the clock icon and the times and progress bar..
Yes, understood Wink
It should work like :

Sidebar bottom : progress bottom left
Sidebar left : progress top left
Sidebar top : progress top left
Sidebar right : progress top right

I maybe accidentally deleted a property.
Being nonconformant I of course have it bottom right lol..
Lol ... How can this be :p ... Will check tomorrow
(2015-11-12, 00:17)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Lol
Here's a pic..

(2015-11-12, 00:17)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]Lol
[IM[/IMG]
Haha, I see now. I think I made it share the first item position of a bloc. Maybe bloc 1. Your bloc is maybe defined somewhere around there.
But this is no more relevant with the actual way settings are. Forgot this one.
I'm noticing that widelist looks different when its in a homeview vs video view.. In a home view I get the show name and episode title.. In the other I just get episode title.. Is this by design?
I've been noticing some bugs popping up related to the fact the settings arnt saving until a clean exit. For instance.. Rename a view.. Then copy to a template. The view name changes back to view1. Change the name and exit first.. Then it works as intended. I've taken to doing a clean exit after most changes but that can get annoying..

I guess it is happening whenever you pull stuff from saved settings when those settings have been changed and not saved yet...
(2015-11-12, 17:16)tmaru Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing some bugs popping up related to the fact the settings arnt saving until a clean exit. For instance.. Rename a view.. Then copy to a template. The view name changes back to view1. Change the name and exit first.. Then it works as intended. I've taken to doing a clean exit after most changes but that can get annoying..

I guess it is happening whenever you pull stuff from saved settings when those settings have been changed and not saved yet...

Can you please explain what you mean by 'clean exit' ?
If you mean closing KODI (for example ALT F4) this is a KODI issue. Jarvis now saves all settings at KODI closing meaning you need to quit the clean way. This has been done for skin settings to be saved in the skin folder and not in the KODI one.
Yeah it's a pain in the arse that setting.

I like the idea of skins having their own unique settings folder and not cluttering guisettings, but I hope in 17 they can work out a decent way to save on the fly, without causing excessive load (I presume that's the reason why)
(2015-11-12, 17:39)Jayz2K Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-12, 17:16)tmaru Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing some bugs popping up related to the fact the settings arnt saving until a clean exit. For instance.. Rename a view.. Then copy to a template. The view name changes back to view1. Change the name and exit first.. Then it works as intended. I've taken to doing a clean exit after most changes but that can get annoying..

Can you please explain what you mean by 'clean exit' ?
If you mean closing KODI (for example ALT F4) this is a KODI issue. Jarvis now saves all settings at KODI closing meaning you need to quit the clean way. This has been done for skin settings to be saved in the skin folder and not in the KODI one.
I know the reason why.. Just pointing out that it causes inconsistencies when you fetch data from the settings... Perhaps you can check the current non saved view name instead to avoid it...