Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No PVR addon, but there is
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Debug log: http://sprunge.us/hCjb

After a reboot i'm getting the message there is no PVR addon and i should check the settings of it. I know these settings are just fine, because if i wait for 1 sec i can enter the TVGuide and tune into a channel.

But still i'm getting this message. Is there a reason for this message?

I've posted it in linux because i'm using openelec 4.2.1 and don't know if this is purely a PVR related or something which has something to do with timing / other stuff.
I get a similar message if I try to enter LiveTV before PVR has pulled a lot of info from the backend.
So is there something which can be done about it, or just have patience? Sad it's not my best quality Smile
You need to wait for PVR to start up. However you also don't need to turn your machine off.
I know the persistent warning about not connecting to the PVR backend can be turned off, but I'm not sure about a warning saying there isn't an enabled PVR add-on.
(2014-10-31, 01:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You need to wait for PVR to start up. However you also don't need to turn your machine off.
I know I need to wait for the PVR to start up, only i haven't seen this warning untill a few weeks ago. Before that (and on my raspberry pi) i don't have this problem. Maybe a different message would suit better.

I know i can put my system in standby. Yet sometimes i reboot the system for various reasons. The message is wrong, i do have a correct PVR backend and if i wait for say 2 seconds it also works, but still, the message is wrong, and since we're all trying to make Kodi a great system i tought i'd see if there was something to do about it.

(2014-10-31, 03:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I know the persistent warning about not connecting to the PVR backend can be turned off, but I'm not sure about a warning saying there isn't an enabled PVR add-on.
I'll upload a video tomorrow, maybe it shows a little bit more what i'm saying. One 'movie' better than a 1000 words, right? Smile
(2014-11-02, 00:06)mhoogenbosch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-10-31, 01:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You need to wait for PVR to start up. However you also don't need to turn your machine off.
I know I need to wait for the PVR to start up, only i haven't seen this warning untill a few weeks ago. Before that (and on my raspberry pi) i don't have this problem. Maybe a different message would suit better.

I know i can put my system in standby. Yet sometimes i reboot the system for various reasons. The message is wrong, i do have a correct PVR backend and if i wait for say 2 seconds it also works, but still, the message is wrong, and since we're all trying to make Kodi a great system i tought i'd see if there was something to do about it.

(2014-10-31, 03:40)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I know the persistent warning about not connecting to the PVR backend can be turned off, but I'm not sure about a warning saying there isn't an enabled PVR add-on.
I'll upload a video tomorrow, maybe it shows a little bit more what i'm saying. One 'movie' better than a 1000 words, right? Smile

Good idea.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3926...45_Pro.mp4

The above movie is a movie from what i mean.

To translate a few things:

Opnieuw opstarten = Reboot
GEEN PVR ADD-ONS BESCHIKBAAR = No PVR add-on available
Controller de instellingen van de server = Check server settings

Hopefully its more clear what I mean.
dont think the movie clariefied the issue, but it is solved by a complete reinstall Smile