Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pvr server don't support timers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed following PVR
"PVR IPTV Simple Client"

if I go to my TV channellist and choose for recording then I get following message
"The PVR Server don't support Timers"

what can I do about it so that I can record my programmes ?
You need to use a real backend, not the hack that is the IPTV simple plugin.
(2014-10-31, 20:57)negge Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use a real backend, not the hack that is the IPTV simple plugin.

What a completely unfair statement. PVR IPTV Simple Client is simple not a "hack." The Kodi wiki IPTV Simple Client page (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:IPTV_Simple_Client) clearly states that the developer "plans on implementing support for timers and maybe the possibility to pause streams."
The fact remains that most of the PVR features are simply not available in that addon, and there's not much that can be done about that except using another backend.
(2014-11-05, 02:18)negge Wrote: [ -> ]The fact remains that most of the PVR features are simply not available in that addon, and there's not much that can be done about that except using another backend.

I am using the Android version of XBMC with a HD Homerun Prime tuner. Can you suggest another backend (other than PVR IPTV Simple Client) that includes the unavailable PVR features to which you are referring that I could use?
I don't think there are any other options for Android at the moment, though if you have a computer to run the backend on you can try tvheadend.
(2014-11-05, 09:17)negge Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there are any other options for Android at the moment, though if you have a computer to run the backend on you can try tvheadend.

I prefer the limitations of using PVR IPTV Simple Client for my Android device to creating and running a media server for it.