Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New HiMedia Q5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
(2015-08-13, 20:11)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-13, 18:28)onesolo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-05, 19:23)looun Wrote: [ -> ]from this http://www.futeko.com/products/MP062.php europe seller.

the official page is this
http://www.himediatech.com/h8core.html
NO audio HD

this is chinese version H7 III
http://www.himedia.cn/a/product/jingdian.../1965.html
NO Audio HD

The point is no Hisilicon Soc = no ExpressX engine so not better quality, but i suppose H8 (IV) GPU PowerVR G6110 have better integration with Kodi( also linux driver was unofficial announced ) : auto-switch fps, 23,976 ecc

(2015-08-11, 12:59)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]It seems H8 , 3d iso and hd audio DOES work with himediaplayer in kodi

The chinese link, by translating it, says that the H8 can do passthrough of HD codecs

(2015-08-13, 18:03)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]I've ordered one..

I'll be happy enough playing movies with the external player for now.. I mainly use my box/Kodi for TV anyhow,, Just with the odd movie now and then and it's nice to have the full quality with HD audio when I do..

Fingers crossed for the external wrapper though, I'm going to have a play around with playercorefactory anyway..

I'll let you know how i get on.. :o)

Can anyone enlight me about that external wrapper thing?!?
I use Kodi and trak.tv to scrobble my movies/series to facebook and twitter...
With that external wrapper, can trakt still scrobble it ?!

and what about shopping those devices in Europe, any other alternative places beside futeko ??

When using an external player with Kodi it still registers as watched so should work ok with Trakt, It just does it differently... By default the playercorefactory (External player) is set to mark the video as "Watched" after 120 seconds, so as long as you watch a video for more that 2 minutes it will show as "Watched" with Kodi and subsequently Trakt.

There is a problem with the wrapper in the Q5 not showing as "watched" but if you look at the playercorefactory.xml file on the Q5 the play count minimum is set to 1200sec which appears to be causing problems.

An just to clarify, The H8 only does 3D and HD audio OUTSIDE of Kodi using the external player.. There is no wrapper, This has been confirmed by the guys at Futeko.. For now anyway

Mort.
ppoulos, I downloaded "FTP server" as opposed to "FTPserver". Why does the Google Play store even allow that kind of crap?
It worked fine but the interface was clunky for a set top box. I may try the other one. Do you have yours set up to automatically start upon the box booting? If so, how do you do that?
(2015-08-13, 20:14)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with the wrapper in the Q5 not showing as "watched" but if you look at the playercorefactory.xml file on the Q5 the play count minimum is set to 1200sec which appears to be causing problems.
On my Q5 it was set to 120 and it still doesn't work. I don't really care too much about that feature though so I'm not upset.

Mike
(2015-08-13, 20:56)BigPines Wrote: [ -> ]ppoulos, I downloaded "FTP server" as opposed to "FTPserver". Why does the Google Play store even allow that kind of crap?
It worked fine but the interface was clunky for a set top box. I may try the other one. Do you have yours set up to automatically start upon the box booting? If so, how do you do that?

I actually use FTP Server Pro (by the Olive Tree - I paid the few dollars). The set up is basic and one time only... in my case the only thing to setup is to specify using the Ethernet Port on the Himedia Q5 to communicate (or FTP) through, and to show hidden files. After that the only thing you do is to start and stop FTP Server Pro from the main screen - simple. I left the default login and password since I have a closed network with my MacPro. Then on the MacPro I connect to the Himedia Q5 using the listed IP address, port, the login name and password (listed when you turn on FTP Server Pro). The Mac connects seamlessly and I can copy, transfer, and deleted anything between the Himedia Q5 and my MacPro even copying to and from finder windows without any problems.

The Google Play Store is the "Wild Wild West" of the available app stores, so be prepared to put up with some crap. I have FTP Server Pro showing on the bottom of my Himedia Q5 home screen, but I don't always launch it except when I want to transfer files. Otherwise I just jump into Kodi and watch my TV Shows and Movies.

And it's strange that the "watched" function does not work for you. Provided that I exceed 120 seconds into the Video, it always sets the watch flag for that video, but not the "ongoing" flag.
(2015-08-13, 18:28)onesolo Wrote: [ -> ]and what about shopping those devices in Europe, any other alternative places beside futeko ??

Amazon US sells the European (read English) version that Futeko UK sells. The first Himedia Q5 Box that I got from Amazon US had HDMI issues, but loaded in all the firmware changes and himediaWrapper apps that are on the Futeko UK web site without problems. After I returned that box for refund, I bought the Himedia Q5 from Futeko, UK. And, yup, it was the exact same box except for the power supply having a UK connector rather than a US 3-pronged plug. That box lasted 3 days before it had a "software" error according to Futeko, UK. So I bought another Himedia Q5 off Amazon US (for $40 USD cheaper than from Futeko UK). So far that android box is working perfectly. And since I can use two Himedia Q5's, I am sending the defective box back to Futeko in China for repair or replacement (but I am having to pay the shipping back to China). Oh well, so much for saving money.Wink
(2015-08-13, 23:39)ppoulos Wrote: [ -> ]I actually use FTP Server Pro (by the Olive Tree - I paid the few dollars). The set up is basic and one time only... in my case the only thing to setup is to specify using the Ethernet Port on the Himedia Q5 to communicate (or FTP) through, and to show hidden files. After that the only thing you do is to start and stop FTP Server Pro from the main screen - simple. I left the default login and password since I have a closed network with my MacPro. Then on the MacPro I connect to the Himedia Q5 using the listed IP address, port, the login name and password (listed when you turn on FTP Server Pro). The Mac connects seamlessly and I can copy, transfer, and deleted anything between the Himedia Q5 and my MacPro even copying to and from finder windows without any problems.

The Google Play Store is the "Wild Wild West" of the available app stores, so be prepared to put up with some crap. I have FTP Server Pro showing on the bottom of my Himedia Q5 home screen, but I don't always launch it except when I want to transfer files. Otherwise I just jump into Kodi and watch my TV Shows and Movies.

And it's strange that the "watched" function does not work for you. Provided that I exceed 120 seconds into the Video, it always sets the watch flag for that video, but not the "ongoing" flag.
OK, I am using the regular free version from the same company. Mine seems to shut down each time the Q5 is rebooted. Does the Pro version do that? I'd like to to automatically start up each boot. There must be a way to do that. What do you get for purchasing the Pro version other than no ads?

Yeah, I can handle the Wild Wild West of app stores I guess. I prefer a more polished experience but I understand.

It is odd that my watched flag doesn't work. My experience seems to be slightly different that others with the Q5. That is a little disconcerting but I guess I'll eventually figure out what is going on. I just ran into an MKV that the Media Player won't play but the Kodi DVD Player plays fine. I'd really like to report these bugs. Does someone have a contact e-mail for tech support? I can't find one on their site.
(2015-08-14, 04:03)BigPines Wrote: [ -> ]OK, I am using the regular free version from the same company. Mine seems to shut down each time the Q5 is rebooted. Does the Pro version do that? I'd like to to automatically start up each boot. There must be a way to do that. What do you get for purchasing the Pro version other than no ads?

It is odd that my watched flag doesn't work. My experience seems to be slightly different that others with the Q5. That is a little disconcerting but I guess I'll eventually figure out what is going on. I just ran into an MKV that the Media Player won't play but the Kodi DVD Player plays fine. I'd really like to report these bugs. Does someone have a contact e-mail for tech support? I can't find one on their site.

I read somewhere about auto-starting Kodi from the Himedia Q5 player home screen, but no auto-launching of any other app. Since I don't need FTP Server to run all of the time I never thought about auto-launching it. And yes, the only difference between the Pro and regular versions is the ads - go figure.

So far the only problems that I have had with Himedia Video Player playing MKV files is the occasional movie where the picture would stutter. It seems to be related to some other process running at the same time as the built in media player, and sometimes I just had to reboot the Himedia Q5 to get it to stop when I don't find that errant process. But I have so far not found any MKV file that the media player would not play at all! But practically all of my MKV files are lossless Blu-ray or DVD rips.
(2015-08-13, 20:14)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-13, 20:11)MortUK74 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-13, 18:28)onesolo Wrote: [ -> ]The chinese link, by translating it, says that the H8 can do passthrough of HD codecs

Can anyone enlight me about that external wrapper thing?!?
I use Kodi and trak.tv to scrobble my movies/series to facebook and twitter...
With that external wrapper, can trakt still scrobble it ?!

and what about shopping those devices in Europe, any other alternative places beside futeko ??

When using an external player with Kodi it still registers as watched so should work ok with Trakt, It just does it differently... By default the playercorefactory (External player) is set to mark the video as "Watched" after 120 seconds, so as long as you watch a video for more that 2 minutes it will show as "Watched" with Kodi and subsequently Trakt.

There is a problem with the wrapper in the Q5 not showing as "watched" but if you look at the playercorefactory.xml file on the Q5 the play count minimum is set to 1200sec which appears to be causing problems.

An just to clarify, The H8 only does 3D and HD audio OUTSIDE of Kodi using the external player.. There is no wrapper, This has been confirmed by the guys at Futeko.. For now anyway

Mort.

so, that is a big no for me after all, I need Audio HD codecs inside of Kodi... Sad
(2015-08-14, 15:20)onesolo Wrote: [ -> ]so, that is a big no for me after all, I need Audio HD codecs inside of Kodi... Sad
With full 3D support? Only way to get this is via VidOn Kodi, either using their box or Minix X8-H Plus. But, be aware that reliability on both is spotty, and you're dependent on VidOn for Kodi (not a good idea).
Hi People,Hello people
I am new at this and quite amateur, so I need help.

I have a HIMEDIA Q5 3D4K European version and I need to do root.

Does anyone know a tutorial? Can anyone help me?

Thank you!
I may need to root mine too but I don't know how. I need to make changes to Confluence, the default skin but the files are in: /data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.confluence/720p and I have heard I need a rooted box to get there. Sad

Anyone have any insight?
No root needed, just navigate to .kodi folder using ESFileExplorer (sideload to your Q5). You can copy, move, delete files easily.
Yes, I have used ESFileExplorer but the directory I mentioned above is suppressed or something. I can't get to it. I also can navigate the file system via FTP but can't get to that directory. My /data/ directory appears empty. I have show hidden files enabled in both ESFileExplorer and FTP server. Not sure what is going on.

This thread says I need root: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235343
Hmm. I can access the 'Android' folder via ESFileExplorer, then drill down to /data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi and delete anything inside that .kodi folder, copy the entire folder elsewhere (like a USB stick), etc. You do need to enable 'show hidden folders' in ES settings first.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46