Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New HiMedia Q5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This review reports that 24p and 23.976hz works.

http://www.avmagazine.it/forum/40-bd-pla...vera-bomba

I have the impression that the external player switches to 50/60hz as well. I will check this tonight on my av receiver to see what fps it shows.

So far I'm really impressed!!
(2015-02-19, 17:47)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]So this box does 3d iso (mvc) from within kodi and hd-audio flawless?

As I said it plays 3D and HD-Audio very well! DD, DTS, DTS HR and Master audio and with the Atmos pacth DTS Atmos works!!!! If you seelct a movie the external player runs directly and jumps back flawless into Kodi if you press "back" on th IR. It seems that this external player detecs 23.976, 24p, 50 and 60hz an autoselects the framerate. By far the best Android player I have owned.
Only reputable place I found shipping to U.S. is Niking Store's eBay storefront (99.6% feedback) for $140 shipped, but not taking orders until after Chinese New Year holiday, so 2/25.
Another test shows that the external player switches to 24p and the fps that is set in the UI. If I set the UI to 60hz everything (even 50hz tv shows) work fine.If I play a 3d iso the external player uses 24p and if I switch to 2D in that movie it uses 60hz instead 24p. But I don't see any stutter or issues as well.
(2015-02-19, 21:53)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 19:12)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

Able to show us a movie? of launching from kodi a 3d iso? and returning back to kodi
Can chose to use the rtk player for all kind of movie types or specify it for only 3d iso?

Caramba?

Look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BAy3Vb_Wec
Does anyone know if SPMC offers any advantage than Kodi 14.x?
(2015-01-17, 16:06)malcolmbarr Wrote: [ -> ]2. I cannot find how to set a default of no subtitles for the external/native player, and turning them off each time playback starts is a pain.

Hi

Has the subtitle issue been fixed on the external player, kodi remembering my settings per movie for audio and video is one of the things I love about if.

How's the picture quality competed to an openelec solution?

When you are in the main kodi menu is it easy to come out if the app (I'm kind of hoping it isn't as the kids just press exit randomly and would up out of the app pretty quickly)
So, where does one get firmware for this player? One site shows latest as 1.0.4, while Futeko site shows 1.0.7, but with a note that reads "THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR EUROPEAN Q5 4K3D (MANUFACTURED AFTER OCTOBER 2014) ONLY. DO NOT TRY AND FLASH IT TO OTHER REGION Q5 4K3D OR ANY Q10 4K3D."

Also, doesn't appear HiMedia has an official English forum? As promising as it looks, these guys need to do better if they want to sell this player outside China. Little concerned as I finally took a chance and ordered yesterday via iandroidtvbox.com. Used PayPal just in case there's a problem. Will report back when/if I get the player and have a chance to put it through its paces.
(2015-02-19, 19:12)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]Can you test bdmv format movies? (around 20 gig)?

with himedia player all full 3d works iso and BDMV folder without problem, support external subtitle and Audio HD 7.1.
IMMO 3d effect is much better than PCH and htpc.

(2015-02-21, 11:42)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]Another test shows that the external player switches to 24p and the fps that is set in the UI. If I set the UI to 60hz everything (even 50hz tv shows) work fine.If I play a 3d iso the external player uses 24p and if I switch to 2D in that movie it uses 60hz instead 24p. But I don't see any stutter or issues as well.
himediaplayer app auto switch:
60 <-> 24 work
50 <->24 work
60<>50 NOT work
50<>60 NOT work
Futeko say can fix in future, i hope .

i have try to modify addon "frequency switcher" change file to with "/sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode", but not work.
i don't found the right file that must to be set.

(2015-02-27, 16:51)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if SPMC offers any advantage than Kodi 14.x?

no Big Grin

kodi + himedia player is perfect ,a have found olny 2 limitation:
- not support share network with password
- watch status not update after playback

(2015-02-28, 20:17)Nellgrove Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-17, 16:06)malcolmbarr Wrote: [ -> ]2. I cannot find how to set a default of no subtitles for the external/native player, and turning them off each time playback starts is a pain.

Imprex Processing Engine have great quality and himediaplayer have "LIVE" menu to change enhancement setting. Cool

(2015-03-04, 15:05)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]So, where does one get firmware for this player? One site shows latest as 1.0.4, while Futeko site shows 1.0.7, but with a note that reads "THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR EUROPEAN Q5 4K3D (MANUFACTURED AFTER OCTOBER 2014) ONLY. DO NOT TRY AND FLASH IT TO OTHER REGION Q5 4K3D OR ANY Q10 4K3D."

Also, doesn't appear HiMedia has an official English forum? As promising as it looks, these guys need to do better if they want to sell this player outside China. Little concerned as I finally took a chance and ordered yesterday via iandroidtvbox.com. Used PayPal just in case there's a problem. Will report back when/if I get the player and have a chance to put it through its paces.
there is not english forum.
ufficial fourm is chinise: bbs.himedia.cn
there is also Deutsch forum with al lot of support (root, mount CIFS folder) :
Mine shipped from iandroidtvbox.com; chose DHL, so will hopefully get it next week. They told me the latest firmware is 1.0.7 (same as Futeko), which will be added to their site. Those of you who have this player, are you on 1.0.4 or 1.0.7?
(2015-03-05, 13:48)looun Wrote: [ -> ]

with himedia player all full 3d works iso and BDMV folder without problem, support external subtitle and Audio HD 7.1.
IMMO 3d effect is much better than PCH and htpc.

(2015-02-21, 11:42)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]Another test shows that the external player switches to 24p and the fps that is set in the UI. If I set the UI to 60hz everything (even 50hz tv shows) work fine.If I play a 3d iso the external player uses 24p and if I switch to 2D in that movie it uses 60hz instead 24p. But I don't see any stutter or issues as well.
himediaplayer app auto switch:
60 <-> 24 work
50 <->24 work
60<>50 NOT work
50<>60 NOT work
Futeko say can fix in future, i hope .

i have try to modify addon "frequency switcher" change file to with "/sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode", but not work.
i don't found the right file that must to be set.

(2015-02-27, 16:51)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if SPMC offers any advantage than Kodi 14.x?

no Big Grin

kodi + himedia player is perfect ,a have found olny 2 limitation:
- not support share network with password
- watch status not update after playback

(2015-02-28, 20:17)Nellgrove Wrote: [ -> ]

Imprex Processing Engine have great quality and himediaplayer have "LIVE" menu to change enhancement setting. Cool

(2015-03-04, 15:05)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]So, where does one get firmware for this player? One site shows latest as 1.0.4, while Futeko site shows 1.0.7, but with a note that reads "THIS FIRMWARE IS FOR EUROPEAN Q5 4K3D (MANUFACTURED AFTER OCTOBER 2014) ONLY. DO NOT TRY AND FLASH IT TO OTHER REGION Q5 4K3D OR ANY Q10 4K3D."

there is not english forum.
ufficial fourm is chinise: bbs.himedia.cn
there is also Deutsch forum with al lot of support (root, mount CIFS folder) :

The only issue I see regarding frequency is that the frequency doesn't switch if you use the interner player of KODI instead the external player from HiMedia. It would be great if this would work as well.
So, Caramba69, with the HiMedia wrapper APK, once installed, when you try to play back any video from Kodi, does it prompt you as to which player to use (Kodi's vs. external)?
No. It uses the external player directly. If you press menu you can choose in the context menu the internal (player from KODI dvdplayer) as well.
Sounds good, thanks. Looking forward to testing it. If it's as good as VidOn, I'll likely jump ship as there's no membership/subscription to worry about with this.
(2015-03-05, 16:07)Caramba69 Wrote: [ -> ]The only issue I see regarding frequency is that the frequency doesn't switch if you use the interner player of KODI instead the external player from HiMedia. It would be great if this would work as well.

i am think is right way use dvdplayer ( is good only for test and download subtitle), if don't use mediaplayer you lost a lot of function: full 3d audio HD VXP engine ecc.
it is beautiful have more integration between kodi and Hplayer like watched status.

(2015-03-05, 16:51)hdmkv Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds good, thanks. Looking forward to testing it. If it's as good as VidOn, I'll likely jump ship as there's no membership/subscription to worry about with this.

i don't have VidOn,but i can tell that himedia q5 3d4k as close to popcorn A-400 to quality and function.
IMMO is only android box 80% multimedia 20% smart.