Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New HiMedia Q5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Many thanks but I already sayed, playing with Himediaplayer (Media Center fron start menu) or with Kodi+Apk (already installed and working) has WORSE resolution than Kodi DVDplayer (if I select it with Menu key from remote) or MX Player (using software rendering).
I put previous firmware to see if this is a firmware bug but it's the same, this mediaplayer can't output 1080p movie resolution using it's own player.
Could you please download and check if this clip shows to you the same 700-800 static lines resolution instead 1080?
Thanks again.
New tests. At. http://www.w6rz.net/ there are 2 sections, Horizontal Resolution Patterns and Vertical Resolution Patterns which has 2 files, horzpix1.ts and vertpix1.ts.
These files has 1 pixel width alternating black/white lines, usefull to verify at which distance from TV you see distinct lines (relation between your eyes, diagonal, distance from TV). Well, of course on Himediaplayer at whatever distance we see only a gray mess, clips are fine running from my TV player.
Who passes the 1080p resolution test can go further downloading this pattern (using a downloader that knows to grab 4k resolution, like YTD Downloader) and check 100% column (which also has 1 pixel alternating black/white vertical column). It's usefull not only for checking player resolution but also minimum distance for diagonal at which we see true 4k resolution.

For now I'm quite dissapointed, on another forum a user confirmed my observations that using Himediaplayer can't have 1080p video resolution.
If you have time please download first clip from my first post and share your findings.
Thanks.
(2015-10-31, 09:40)hansolo Wrote: [ -> ]New tests. At. http://www.w6rz.net/ there are 2 sections, Horizontal Resolution Patterns and Vertical Resolution Patterns which has 2 files, horzpix1.ts and vertpix1.ts.
These files has 1 pixel width alternating black/white lines, usefull to verify at which distance from TV you see distinct lines (relation between your eyes, diagonal, distance from TV). Well, of course on Himediaplayer at whatever distance we see only a gray mess, clips are fine running from my TV player.
Who passes the 1080p resolution test can go further downloading this pattern (using a downloader that knows to grab 4k resolution, like YTD Downloader) and check 100% column (which also has 1 pixel alternating black/white vertical column). It's usefull not only for checking player resolution but also minimum distance for diagonal at which we see true 4k resolution.

For now I'm quite dissapointed, on another forum a user confirmed my observations that using Himediaplayer can't have 1080p video resolution.
If you have time please download first clip from my first post and share your findings.
Thanks.

The horzpix1.ts plays perfectly on my Raspberry Pi 2 under OpenElec. The vertpix1.ts plays as flashing alternate frames of white and black when deinterlaced, if deinterlacing is disabled you get perfect alternate lines.
Thank you noggin for sharing results.
I added images to show exactly the problem.
Himedia fullscreen Image
LG fullscreen Image
Himedia player macro Image
LG macro Image
All original pics can be downloaded from https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/75a...632/9f0290 and includes a macro on Himedia Q5 using Kodi (DVD player)

As you can see, using Himediaplayer lines are blurred for more than 700 resolution.
Using original firmware (1.0.4-Q5EN.1000) brings much better resolution than last firmware, but:
- HiMedia / Display/ Screen size Position changing settings from remote to maximum zoom (it wasn't set by default on maximum/screen fit). Using this settings output is correct for any pattern.
On 1.0.4 I didn't change this and I suppose it's default on screen fit.

So for this player (and maybe other Android players) we should always check if we don't have underscan (it was very slight on Q5) because this settings affects video resolution.

I'm now very happy with my Q5...
The motion resolution test pattern that you are using (looks like a modified monoscope pattern from FPD Benchmark) is an interlaced video. So, the results are dependent upon the quality of the deinterlacer. The test is really relevant only if you are going to play a lot of interlaced videos. You may also want to check with the patterns that are present in Spears and Munsil HD Benchmark.

At 10 feet viewing distance, I don't think you will find any media player/display that will show 1080 TVL resolution. 700-900 would be the norm.
I will test Spears and Munsil but the problem is solved, at 4 feet viewing distance I see all 4k resolution (from Youtube pattern) and of course all 1080TVL resolution from 1080p patterns (including from http://www.w6rz.net/).
It's important to test because by default I didn't check underscan and the loss of resolution is massive; I think many overlooked that problem because don't use first a resolution pattern.
Hey guys,

I noticed there's a new firmware update for the Q5 "HMD-3.0.2 2015-11-05.105633" (linked below):
I noticed it no longer defaults to having my subtitles on screen. They're automatically off. Not sure
if it supports forced subtitles, though. Haven't tested yet. Anyone know what, specifically, this update
addressed?

http://www.himediatech.com/support.htm
Q5 vs X6... my simple test of picture quality:
x6

q5

q5 split screen, VPU SX off/ DX on

x6

x6

q5 win again ... Big Grin
Nice very obvious
can you use zidoo x9 comparison with q5?
(2015-11-13, 13:32)mirror88 Wrote: [ -> ]can you use zidoo x9 comparison with q9?

No Big Grin i not have x9 or q9 .

Q5 it's not better box of x6 only different:
Q5 have better picture quality
X6 have better integration with kodi.

both use external player but with different way.

i prefer better picture quality ,but if Q5 have same quality of x6 ... not have more much sense have Q5.
Loun,

Pic 1 (Q5) is iso 640, pic 2 (x6) is taken iso 800 with same diafragma and shutterytime (exif data). this means pic 2 has more noise and looks lighter, so less picture/contrast

Make a good comparison !
Well, for my untrained eyes it's no obvious difference.
I put a question on futeko, is any chance to have surround AAC decoding? From the latest hdmkv's test Zidoo X6 and H8 even LPCM 5.1 outputs as 2.0, why? Is this a general Android problem?

Another one: for UPNP sources (a LG-Nero streamer from PC) Himediaplayer don't load subtitles, Kodi player works fine. But Kodi for Q5 doesn't have HD audio and 3D ISO...
New firmware
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46