Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Audio] White noise when XBMC is running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm running Gotham 13.2 stable on Ubuntu 14.04.1 (3.13.0-39-generic) on a ZOTAC ION motherboard. Furthermore I have a DENON X-1000 AVR connected through HDMI and everything works so far. However, I noticed that when XBMC is running it outputs noise. It's not that dominant, however it is noticeable if the volume is turned up.

I tried different HDMI ports on the AVR as well as using optical output instead of HDMI. I always get noise as soon as XBMC runs. Otherwise the sound is fine. So the problem is with XBMC, not with my AVR or motherboard or cable or anything else. As soon as XBMC suspends the noise disappears... if XBMC produces any sound the noise is back on.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Alex
Yeah - we exactly do that to keep the AVR alive - just curious - how far did you ramp the volume up?

System -> Settings -> Audio: Keep Audio alive -> Off will stop that.
Thanks, fritsch.

I ramped it up to about 65% of max volume then it starts to become dominant. I thought it might be the keep audio alive feature, however I have the same noise while watching movies or listening to music.
Nope, then it's definitely something else. Cause we cannot send noise simultaneously (obviously) when playback is active.

Post a Debug Log, please while playing something.
Thanks, that might not be necessary. I figured out that it is in fact my AVR that produces the noise when it set to DOLBY PLII Cinema.
Yeah - thanks for reporting back, already got gray hair :-)

Set the topic to solved please.