Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC detecting as Windows XP on Windows 8.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Okay, so I'll start out explaining what I did to get the error to happen. I am getting an error when starting up XBMC. Today, I was having problem with an add-on, as XBMC would keep freezing when trying to uninstall it, and so I deleted it manually, both in the userdata folder and addon folder. However, now when I click on XBMC, it won't start, not showing any error, just quitting. Uninstall wouldn't work either. I then manually deleted it in all locations that I know of, and restarted my computer and attempted to reinstall it. But with both 13.1, 13.2, and the latest nightly build of Kodi, XBMC wouldn't install, giving me the error that XBMC only works beyond Windows Vista, and doesn't support Windows XP. I'm on Windows 8.1 so I'm not sure why it's seeing me as Windows XP. I attempted to run the setups in different compatibility modes but none worked, giving me the same error.

Any fix you guys know of?

EDIT: Later Windows gave me an error about a drive not being installed properly and shut down, and I couldn't start it back up without getting a grey screen. Sadly, I had to do a full system restore, but now XBMC is working! I even reinstalled XBMC to make sure.