Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Keymap not working while video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I am using XBMC/Kody 13.2 on fire tv and I want to change the keymap.
I've placed the following file named keymap.xml in the right directory.

Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
    <keyboard>
      <escape>Stop</escape>
      <esc>Stop</esc>
    </keyboard>
   </global>
</keymap>

As you can see, I want to stop playback with the esc key. This works fine while I am in the menu, but while playing video in fullscreen it ist not working.
While playing I press esc and XBMC will step back to the menu and the video will keep playing in background. Now I press esc again and the Video stops.
So I have to press esc twice while I am in fullscreen Video.
I tried it with <esc> and <escape>. I also tried it in a <FullscreenVideo> tag, but it is not working.
The keymap is recognized by xbmc, because the esc-key is mapped to stop while in menu. It is just not working while playing a video in fullscreen.

best regards

chris
For the Fire TV remote you want to use "<backspace>":

Alternative keymaps for Fire TV remote (wiki)
(2014-11-03, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]For the Fire TV remote you want to use "<backspace>":

Alternative keymaps for Fire TV remote (wiki)

No, I do not want to use "<backspace>". I am using a logitech harmony remote and there you can use also escape as a Fire TV action. That is different from backspace.

I can see in the log, that escape is sent to xbmc, but the keymapping does not work while in fullscreen mode.

Code:
21:23:19 T:1529801416   DEBUG: bool CApplication::OnKey(const CKey&): escape (0xf01b) pressed, action is Fullscreen

The escape key is different from backspace:

Code:
21:23:47 T:1529801416   DEBUG: bool CApplication::OnKey(const CKey&): backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is Back
fullscreenvideo has a dedicated mapping. you have to override in that context...
(2014-11-05, 11:16)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]fullscreenvideo has a dedicated mapping. you have to override in that context...

Apologies to OP but something off topic I wanted to ask ironic_monkey about.

I think there was a PR sometime back while you were on the Team about moving stuff related to input devices into add-ons including keymaps if I remember rightly, at least I think it was one of your PR's. Has the initial work that was done been completely abandoned? as I can find no trace on github or is it something you've continued in your fork? or maybe I'm not remembering correctly Huh
you remember correctly. yet another of those pulls where i put in shitloads of work just for the work to be ignored and stopped on stupid details. i think jonathan rebased it half a year ago or so. i have not sunk more work into /dev/null.

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/comm...ral_addons
Times have changed (at least a bit), hopefully :-)
(2014-11-05, 12:43)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]you remember correctly. yet another of those pulls where i put in shitloads of work just for the work to be ignored and stopped on stupid details. i think jonathan rebased it half a year ago or so. i have not sunk more work into /dev/null.

https://github.com/jmarshallnz/xbmc/comm...ral_addons

That was it.

I understand your frustration, but there appears to be a genuine push within the Team now to get stuff moved to add-ons based on your work, so it would be shame if it's not taken any further, perhaps I could ask within the Team if anyone is willing to take over from Jonathan on this.
sure, you do whatever you want with the code. i'm happy with the situation as it is now - i get to keep my hobby and work on my fork, and i don't need to deal with all the bullshit of the team. i really stopped caring whether there are users of my code or not.