Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: u-m m8 video problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all i am new to the site so hope i have put this in the right spot.
the m8 box i have keeps crashing during tv shows plus movies.
after about 3 to 4 mins in and goes back to the stream links
have tried clearing the cache, and putting it to 0 cache using the xunity maintenance,
but has not worked .
have tested internet speed and running 6mbps on wifi .
have also connected Ethernet cable running 54mbps and still crashes,
was wondering if anyone could come up with any idea's please.
as this is doing my head in .
my box does have a droidstick wizard built in and have used it but still does it ,
the box works ok on the acestreams no buffing problems at all
would like to thank everyone in advace for any help
thank s brianthesnail
The crashing probably isn't a cache issue.

Maybe try SPMC (wiki), the current Kodi v14 beta (wiki), or, if you are feeling adventurous, try this unofficial version of OpenELEC: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/10/28/o...m8-tv-box/
Hi ned thank you for the fast reply
so from want i understand its the version of xbmc that has been installed on my m8 box
that is at fault or maybe the problem
i will give it a try i hope it works fingers crossed
and yet again thank you
I also had random crashes with an m8 box. Turned out they were heat-related. (passive cooling system was not good enough)
I installed an active fan (needed some work on the casing) and all was good, no crashing anymore.
Hi Phil
thank you for help very much appreciated
can i ask with you m8 heating problem did your box make a clicking sound every now and then and screen go black for a few secs
as mine has been doing that .but since i turned the box upside down the sound has gone away strange
but i will try adding a usb run fan to the box and see if that helps as well
thank you for your help

(2014-11-05, 18:56)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]The crashing probably isn't a cache issue.

Maybe try SPMC (wiki), the current Kodi v14 beta (wiki), or, if you are feeling adventurous, try this unofficial version of OpenELEC: http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/10/28/o...m8-tv-box/

Cheers Ned i loaded SPMC and it has worked

Thank you very much for all your help
my box restarted when xbmc was running for some time. Couldnt notice any sounds. (there are no movable parts in the m8 box so I wonder where they come from Wink )