Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Activate amcodec only for HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all
since i have update my tv box ( amlogic8726mx ) , i have lot of skip frames for avi files using amcodec , not using stagefright or mediacodec ,so i would like to disable it for this type of file
Is there a way to do this ?
Thank you so much
Go to settings, make sure you have expert enabled. Go to video then acceleration and you can enable and disable codecs there.
thanks for your help , but i know that , the thing i would like is to edit advancedsetting.xml to deactivate amcodec only for avi file . you see what i mean ?
Not possible
ok thank you
This is an option in SPMC (wiki).
(2014-11-06, 22:25)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]This is an option in SPMC (wiki).

Thanks Nedd , i have installed SPMC but i dont find this option , where is it ?
See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video

SPMC adds additional hd and sd options that aren't documented in our wiki, since it isn't in normal Kodi yet. However, you basically just want to create a plain text file called "advancedsettings.xml" and save it in your userdata folder (wiki) (for SPMC). That advancedsettings.xml file will look like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <mediacodec>
      <useavccodecsd>0</useavccodecsd>
      <usevc1codecsd>0</usevc1codecsd>
      <usevpxcodecsd>0</usevpxcodecsd>
      <usemp4codecsd>0</usemp4codecsd>
      <usempeg2codecsd>0</usempeg2codecsd>
    </mediacodec>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>
(2014-11-08, 01:17)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]See http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#video

SPMC adds additional hd and sd options that aren't documented in our wiki, since it isn't in normal Kodi yet. However, you basically just want to create a plain text file called "advancedsettings.xml" and save it in your userdata folder (wiki) (for SPMC). That advancedsettings.xml file will look like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <mediacodec>
      <useavccodecsd>0</useavccodecsd>
      <usevc1codecsd>0</usevc1codecsd>
      <usevpxcodecsd>0</usevpxcodecsd>
      <usemp4codecsd>0</usemp4codecsd>
      <usempeg2codecsd>0</usempeg2codecsd>
    </mediacodec>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Thank you Nedd , i have tried Spmc and it works pretty good ; although i'd like more details for advancedsettings xml , which line i need to change to use ff-mepg for xvid ?
i see avc , vc1 ,vpx , mp4 and mpeg2
which is for avi ?
xvid=divx=mp4
But this is not implemented for amlcodec in SPMC, only for libstagefright and mediacodec, so not sure it'll solve your issue.

I'll think of something more generic that could be merged into Kodi.
thanks Koying and congrats for spmc