Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Duration formats from scrapers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to sort all my movies & tv shows by duration, using smart playlists.

Googled a bunch. Not finding much except some older posts where people couldn't get it working. It seems like their problem was some of their metadata showed duration in minutes but some was hours and minutes. (It seems some movies would say 101 minutes or 124 minutes and some would say 1:41 and 2:04.)

I want to use the Universal movie scraper, but I'll end up with different duration formats, right? And Gotham smart playlists will give me bad results because of the different formats?

Should I use the IMDB scraper or TMDB and will they give me the same format for all movies? I guess I will use theTVDB for TV shows.

Or should I use Windows software to create NFO files? I am using a rooted FTV. Thanks for any info.
You can´t trust scraped durations, so it makes no difference what scraper is used to retrieve em. XBMC/Kodi will check all your media files in library and read the actual duration (streamdetails). For that to happen you have to ensure the `Extract thumbnail and video information` option is checked. It ´s located in the video -> file lists settings node and enabled by default.
Wonderful!