Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there I had a Cystoscopy not very nice but everything is ok

I would wait until you get the subtitles and audio menus in as it might look strange and I spent a lot of time on those menus. I would hold it back until its done. I am sure people would understand that. what progress have you gotten with the new theme since the last images I sent you Richard ?

asked apple today how much trade in for the ipads and this is what I got

ipad2 £60
ipad air £130

there mad no way am I trading them in there for that price, saying that I have yet to try the pro and I don't know what I am doing since its big and heavy so we will see
(2015-09-12, 16:20)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]I would wait until you get the subtitles and audio menus in as it might look strange and I spent a lot of time on those menus. I would hold it back until its done. I am sure people would understand that. what progress have you gotten with the new theme since the last images I sent you Richard ?

No progress at all, just making one remote control view usable. And because I have used it I came to the conclusion the extended info was missing. It was really bothering me a lot!
Added some missing codec info to the select audio stream menu:

so your scraping it because there is no the extra info ? . so what do you want me to do or are you going onto the new theme next to do the audio and subtitles menus

any chance of getting a beta ? to see whats happening with the new theme

just started with the movie view to but don't know what to do
(2015-09-12, 17:16)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]so your scraping it because there is no the extra info ? . so what do you want me to do or are you going onto the new theme next to do the audio and subtitles menus

any chance of getting a beta ? to see whats happening with the new theme

No I am not scraping it...just finishing one thing at a time, otherwise I have the feeling I am not finishing anything at all :-(
I am really frustrated about that!

For now there's nothing to do..I think I've got everything.
ok no problem I am mucking about with the movie view just to see what I can get but it looks like I will put that t the back and see what I can do with the info screen but theres a lot on the info bar to start with so that should not be to much of a problem

on my theme you could just tap the info button once for it to come up on the tv and then you could also have a long push to bring it up on the ipad

are you sending me pics to see if everything is aligned when you start with it and a beta ?
(2015-09-12, 17:54)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]ok no problem I am mucking about with the movie view just to see what I can get but it looks like I will put that t the back and see what I can do with the info screen but theres a lot on the info bar to start with so that should not be to much of a problem

on my theme you could just tap the info button once for it to come up on the tv and then you could also have a long push to bring it up on the ipad

are you sending me pics to see if everything is aligned when you start with it and a beta ?

About what info screen are you talking about?
the extended info screen like yours
(2015-09-12, 18:59)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]the extended info screen like yours

Ah, ok....you have time enough for that. I will put a basic version (like the screen shots earlier) attached to "my" remote control view in version 1.7. In a next version I will extend it with other info (still have some ideas and probably rearrange it) and then we can make it for your theme. Still have lots of things to do for your remote control view theme right now.
no problem mate
@rschiks I think its okay that this release is taking longer time then what you expected from beginning and as u also mentioned it will be a big release this time again, which is of course nothing bad with it. If you can please go all the way with the implementation of the option, subtitle and audio window menu. It will give a much better look.
(2015-09-12, 17:07)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]Added some missing codec info to the select audio stream menu:

Richard does it have to be that detailed? It's really cool that this info can be fetched but for regular user, I think its better to make it simple and clean look, like it was, AC3, MP3, DTS, DTS-HD MA 5.1 etc. perhaps this can also be added as an option? Smile to have extended info for audio tracks or display this info somewhere else?

In my opinion it looks much cleaner by having a flag together with type of audio track.
(2015-09-12, 20:59)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Richard does it have to be that detailed? It's really cool that this info can be fetched but for regular user, I think its better to make it simple and clean look, like it was, AC3, MP3, DTS, DTS-HD MA 5.1 etc. perhaps this can also be added as an option? Smile to have extended info for audio tracks or display this info somewhere else?

In my opinion it looks much cleaner by having a flag together with type of audio track.

Before it was not displaying the actual audio stream type, it was just returning the info it was called in the description. If, for example, the audio stream was called "this is an audio stream"' you would see this and you wouldn't know it was a dts stream. I have already noticed that several times. In an mkv you can put everything for a description. The info between () is the actual info.
I could remove codec =
(2015-09-12, 21:10)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-12, 20:59)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Richard does it have to be that detailed? It's really cool that this info can be fetched but for regular user, I think its better to make it simple and clean look, like it was, AC3, MP3, DTS, DTS-HD MA 5.1 etc. perhaps this can also be added as an option? Smile to have extended info for audio tracks or display this info somewhere else?

Before it was not displaying the actual audio stream type, it was just returning the info it was called in the description. If, for example, the audio stream was called "this is an audio stream"' you would see this and you wouldn't know it was a dts stream. I have already noticed that several times. In an mkv you can put everything for a description. The info between () is the actual info.

Does it mean that if there is no info in the description you will only see i.e DTS 5.1 () ? Because I usually clean up everything in the description from my mkv files