Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-12, 21:11)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I could remove codec =

Yes, I think that would be better and also channel info because you already have the info in 5.1.
i.e DTS 5.1 (eng, dca, 1536kbps)
how about that?
(2015-09-12, 21:23)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-12, 21:11)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I could remove codec =

Yes, I think that would be better and also channel info because you already have the info in 5.1.
i.e DTS 5.1 (eng, dca, 1536kbps)
how about that?

The DTS 5.1 you are mentioning is the description which has by a coincidence the number of channels. It's not always the case.
oh I see, well then how about DTS 5.1 (eng, dca, 6ch, 1536kbps) ? Smile
(2015-09-12, 21:43)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]oh I see, well then how about DTS 5.1 (eng, dca, 6ch, 1536kbps) ? Smile

That could be arranged.
What about letting the user select between two different types as I think it's a it long and to much

All my moves are named right so I would prefer just the names but if say people don't have there mkv sorted right then they could enable and option for the longer name

Also you don't need the bit rate info to much going on there

Thanks
LOL, in other screens we are trying to put as much information as possible, every line is of pixels is needed, and in a full screen with almost no information and plenty of space, it becomes an issue.

This is what I am trying to avoid:

Everyting before ( is the description.

That's also the readon why I have made the window broader so I could add more info, because there's a lot of space.
could you not have it so if the audio track has a title name which all mine do it only displays that title ?

something like this

DTS-HD MA 7.1
or with added language
DTS-HD MA 7.1 (English)

but if it does not have a entry in the audio track title is shows what ever info you can pull

I like to be able to use the title of the audio track only and then fall back on the track id if there is no title.

also don't like the (eng) could you assign languages with full words so if it pulls eng it displays English and so on
I was thinking of something like this for the theme I am doing so you could assign the audio tracks to images as you said a few posts back you could assign images to the info you could pull for the audio and keeps it clean

removed
I think there's in 99% case a description is available. And it's no problem to make a switch to display the detailed information.

The fact remains that after doing a few tests I have noticed some tracks have a long description.
There's plenty of space on the screen to show that piece of information.

I personally don't like it when a see a description cut off with ... like in post 1626.
The post from Goliath (1623) is a nice compromise to keep the detailed info as short as possible.
(2015-09-13, 09:05)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's in 99% case a description is available. And it's no problem to make a switch to display the detailed information.

The fact remains that after doing a few tests I have noticed some tracks have a long description.
There's plenty of space on the screen to show that piece of information.

I personally don't like it when a see a description cut off with ... like in post 1626.
The post from Goliath (1623) is a nice compromise to keep the detailed info as short as possible.

why not remove the bitrate ? as well
It's useful detailed information
(2015-09-13, 09:11)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]It's useful detailed information

I don`t understand that why it would be useful, does anyone care what there bitrate is for a audio track as i would of thought people would be more interested in what format, audio channels and language its in as bit rate would not make me decide what track to use.

also in post 1623 your displaying the same info twice 5.1 and then 6ch why would you need the same info twice ?

if you look at post 1628 it has two different infos for the same track

DTS-HD MA Core 1536K - DTS 5.1 (eng)

that reads two different track types to me as DTS 5.1 is the low end DVD audio but in front of it says DTS-HD MA which is the blu ray hi def audio

if you need the info of a track that's what the codec info button is for ?

what about post 1628?
Would not be my choice...too busy
And the bitrate could be useful for when playing mp3 files
(2015-09-05, 13:38)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Is this better ?

As discussed previously under the description we can replace (English) with the detailed info.
In your screen when the description is to long, it will be cut off then.