Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the last couple of days I have been playing around with the new trakt tv api.....I really miss the old one :-)
Anyway. Some challenges for me.
The objective is of course to integrate the whole trakt thing in the app. Otherwise you can just start another app (or go to the trakt website).

With the old api you can just give your username/password and api key and start asking questions. Now you have to login and receive a token. With that token you can start asking questions, like give me all the movies in my collection.
Of course the login can be done automatically and this is my first challenge.
An idea is to make a setting to do this automatically at startup. You will see a small pop-up for a few seconds.
Ok....done. The alternative is to do this when clicking the Trakt option in the menu. I will leave this up to the user.

I find it very handy that when using the search function it will tell me if a movie is on my watchlist, in my collection or watched. The same for series. It should also have the possibility to change that status from within search. Of course I have no idea what the status is if I don't ask trakt.
So? start the inventory when using search?
And this is where I miss the old api. Now I have to do a query for the movies in my collection, a query for watched movies and a query for movies in my watchlist. Earlier it was more efficient. Now, the results I have to combine myself. The same for series. You can't search for a movie/series on trakt and get the status.

I have been playing with the thought to make an option that when the app is started, the whole inventory thing is done and the data can be used throughout the whole app. At startup it will take some seconds, but that's it.
The data can then also be used in the search function.
When you don't want that, I will add an option to integrate trakt in the search option yes or no.

Just wondering what you guys think how trakt should be integrated.
Is it ok to search for movies/series, but not know the trakt status?
Is it ok to login at startup?
Is it ok to retrieve all data at startup? Or do it later?
A feature request asked is to have more "flat" buttons and not the 3D like buttons used right now.
I am still looking for someone who can make the new buttons. Anyone interested?
If you have configured trakt you can use trakt in search (this will be a switch). When a series is selected the trakt info about all series (with episode status) will be retrieved. Trakt has no option to retrieve a single series with the user data.

You can add/remove an episode from your collection and change the watched status. It will be immediately synched to trakt.
The next step is to mark a whole season as watched or collected.

When searched for a series you can now mark a whole season as watched or in collection. it will be sync-ed immediately to trakt. You can also add/remove a series from your trakt watchlist.
The trakt options Watched, In Collection and Watchlist are added to the search movie information.

Quite busy with adding the first menu options for Trakt. The movie views have changed a little bit. The buttons Watched, In Collection and In Watchlist have been added.
Also filters are added and sort by is changed (depending on which Trakt menu option has been chosen).

When searching for a person you can immediately change the trakt status of the movies.

I have started on the Trakt series part. First series in your collection. Options watched and in collection are added to an episode.

This is getting better and better, thank you so much for your work on this! When will you be subitting the next version to Apple?

Regards,

Bart
(2015-03-17, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]This is getting better and better, thank you so much for your work on this! When will you be subitting the next version to Apple?

Regards,

Bart

Thx. I need several weeks on completing the trakt implementation. I still need to work on the lists and calendar option. As I see it now, it's an app in an app. A lot of work. Then I will still need some time for some other things I want to add :-)

I was thinking of introducing an Pro version (which you can purchase via an in-app purchase). Amongst other new things, trakt will only be available in the Pro version. I was hoping to get some money via the donations. But nothing so far. I know it's a hobby, but hardware to work on and a developers license also cost money. Normally I could get some via ads, but I really hate ads. So no option for me.
And as I see it right now, my to do list will keep me busy for the next 12 months or so :-) A lot of new features will be added in the future. Some to the normal version and some only to the Pro version.
Hi there,
i havent looked at trakt so far, but maybe with some free time ....
i like the idea of a pro version and i wouldn't have any problems if some of my wishlistitems would show up there as well.
very thanksfull that you try to avoid ads
Best Regards
(2015-03-19, 08:33)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
i havent looked at trakt so far, but maybe with some free time ....
i like the idea of a pro version and i wouldn't have any problems if some of my wishlistitems would show up there as well.
very thanksfull that you try to avoid ads
Best Regards

Well, your facebook button removal option is gone in the next version :-) Everywhere there's an options button. The blu-ray menu thing is still on my list. I now have some blu-rays to test with.
Have I missed some things that are not on the to do list?
The menu with Trakt options is getting bigger and bigger. I have added the number of episodes in collection to the series screen.

Hi there,
i would say most of my items are done :-)
not sure about these:
a) Flat design buttons :-)
b) subtiles: i would suggest that you place the enable disable checkmarks for subtitels at the top of the list, some BR have 16 different subtitles and to disable you have to scroll to the end of the list.
c) why you have 2 checkmarks enable and disable subtitles? sufficient would be one or do i miss something here?
d) as you mentioned: BR Play-back

looks like the new version is still in the approval cycle, i just wait for it and will test again here.
But thanks again for the great work
(2015-03-22, 09:42)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
i would say most of my items are done :-)
not sure about these:
a) Flat design buttons :-)
b) subtiles: i would suggest that you place the enable disable checkmarks for subtitels at the top of the list, some BR have 16 different subtitles and to disable you have to scroll to the end of the list.
c) why you have 2 checkmarks enable and disable subtitles? sufficient would be one or do i miss something here?
d) as you mentioned: BR Play-back

looks like the new version is still in the approval cycle, i just wait for it and will test again here.
But thanks again for the great work

I was thinking to remove the enable / disable subtitles from the list and to make a checkmark on the bottom of the window.

BTW: there is no version in the approval cycle. The version on the app store is 1.1. Currently I am busy with version 1.2.
Thanks for Clarification.
take your time. lots to cover in 1.2.
if you need some testers just let me know.
Best Regards