Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-13, 00:05)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard.

The new theme remote view is excellent, shame it will not be developed and progressed into the other new view ideas that I had for you. There's a few bugs in the new remote view but I don't know if your interested in that ?

The time spent on it is not for nothing. As I said before I like the info bar part. Together with some other things it gave me input for the iPhone version.

If there are issues with the new remote control view please tell me so that I can fix them.
(2015-10-12, 13:16)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-12, 11:53)lfletcher Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I just started using the app and I'm currently comparing it to the other kodi remote apps.

I prefer the look and feel of KCC, but it seems to take forever to load (more than 60 seconds before the shows appear) with the data I'm testing it with (600+ tv series).

I see speed has been mentioned in the past as being an issue for larger collections, but that there's also a cache option if you upgrade to the pro version.

I note the official Kodi app doesn't have the same issues whilst doing the initial load.

Does the cache resolve the problem to a more manageable level? If not are there any plans to resolve it in the future?

Thanks

The cache option in the Pro version saves the time for asking Kodi again about the series because it has written the data to local storage and will retrieve that. However, it still needs to parse the data again (that time depends on the speed of your device) once the data is loaded.
Once the series screen closes the data is removed from memory.

For the movies part I have added two options:
- cache the movies in memory and keep them in memory.
- change batch size when retrieving the movies (version 1.7). You can configure the number of movies retrieved in a single query.

Those option are not available for series yet (still have plans for that).

With a large collection there's also time lost in serialisation of the data on the Kodi side. This will be improved in Kodi 16.

The difference with other remote controls is that I ask Kodi for additional data, so that it's possible to do other things.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and have Kyra installed on an ipad Air 2 - where is the bottleneck likely to be? Reading the data from the Shields internal eMMC or the ipad?

Do you have eta of when you might enable caching for the series?

Thanks
(2015-10-13, 13:40)lfletcher Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks for the response.

I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and have Kyra installed on an ipad Air 2 - where is the bottleneck likely to be? Reading the data from the Shields internal eMMC or the ipad?

Do you have eta of when you might enable caching for the series?

Thanks

From what I have seen there's a significant delay in Kodi when serialization data is being done (when Kodi retrieves it from the database). After this is done I will receive it in the app and I need to process the data again.

Since I made significant progress with the extendinfo for the series I was thinking to do the following (also because this is haunting me for quite some time):

I will create two new menu options, a series 2 and a movies 2 (just a working title now).
- Those options have just one view, based on the current music view and the touch 2 remote view, so with the info bar and a grid view. This info bar can be retracted so more space for the grid view. The series will have a season selection option.
- The minimal amount of data from Kodi will be read and will kept in memory all the time.
- Images will be scaled down (to a normal size instead of HD) and kept in memory all the time (the grid view doesn't have to load images from Kodi/internet again, once they have been read).
- When a movie/series is clicked, detailed information will be retrieved.
- Data will be stored on local storage (so cached)
- Because all data is cached there will be a refresh option to get the latest data from Kodi.
- I will make it an option that the current movies / series menu options can be replaced with the new one.
- The new movies and series will be built up from scratch.
- Sorting will be done by Kodi.

In the new movies and series I don't to take other things into consideration (like trakt.tv). Only the basic sort options and a few filters (like watched, hide, etc).
I think the new menu options will give you the best experience ever. Designed with large libraries in mind.

Is that an idea?
I think I can work on this after the current extended info for series is done, so after version 1.8 then.
@rschiks did you get my crash log'?
(2015-10-13, 00:05)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard.

The new theme remote view is excellent, shame it will not be developed and progressed into the other new view ideas that I had for you.. There's a few bugs in the new remote view but I don't know if your interested in that ?

@meridius I don't think Richard decided to not continue developing the new theme for all the other views, it's just that he have prioritized other task/features to be added first and I understand him since he have a lot of other good stuff in his todo list. But I believe he will continue with the theme later on when everything else is in place.
(2015-10-13, 17:47)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks did you get my crash log'?

So far I have not received any crash report.
Hi Richard, how are you been. I have been playing and love it. great new name to

Just Some things I noticed so far

1. Gold theme does not save keeps reverting back to dynamic when closed and open of the app
2 . There is no blur effect at the top and bottom of bars
3 There is no volume info above the volume slider plus it's not in the same place as the time line slider and jumps when you select either one and does not look right when that happens should be in the same place as the time line slider .
could it look like this

4. When you use the slider to select a part of the time line the time does not change until you lift your finger so there is no way to tell where you are in the time line. Would be useful if you could add that so when you slide the bar the end time changes to the time line time until you let go and reverts back to the time ends. something like this the bottom one is when your scanning with your finger

5. The quick jump letters do not work correctly if you select A then B it jumps to C for some reason. Or if you select I then r instead of r it goes to s. And there are many others
6. No cd art in extra info
7. The scroll speed of the text in the extra info is way to fast and impossible to read.
8. Sometimes the play buttons or the quick jump letters do not respond and you have to touch them twice. Don't know if this is because of a small touch activation area and maybe need to be made bigger just activation area not the images
9. When the movie or show is finished it still displays that fanart for that show or movie. can you revert back to your wallpaper or a user selectable wallpaper when something is finished or not been played
10. option for a 24hour and 12 hour clock

This only happens with TV shows its fine with movies which is strange as it should work, I am using xbmc 12.2.
1. The date seems to move down and to the right and the title is in the centre.
2. The poster does not work in xbmc 12.2 with TV shows but movies it does.

Theme changes
1. Would replace the slider line of the info box with a up and down arrow button button since this is a button style and not a slider menu. I think i sent you that image. something like this

2. I can give you some extra colours I think 4 more will do as there is only two colours that need changing as you know there are only two colours in the gold theme

light Gold colour = cc9018 change to for
Blue = 224f7b
Purple = 624f87
green = 14826d
redish=ab1142

the darker gold colour = bb7a00 change to for
Blue = 1b3f62
Purple = 534373
green = 0d6856
redish= 8a0d35

theres the two colours for the light and dark I hope that's ok

3. Can you have it so the user can decided between series or TV shows. As I like TV shows better than series.
4. Could you have an extra option for the new remote theme to be able to,select how dark or light you can have the wallpaper in the background of the remote. Thanks
5. When you slide the info bar up you can see it under the title bar is there a way to stop that
6. An option so the user can decide not to show the info bar when nothing's playing. So if nothing's playing it can be hidden soon as you select something to play it slides down. This can be an option.
7. power menu instead of saying connected with a tick change that to Selected with a tick as it says connected when the system is actually off and a bit confusing. I think selected sounds better then you can power on or turn off that selected host,
8. in your theme for the remote touch 2 you should let the user be able to add the quick jump buttons to the top of the menu bar as you can not do that at the moment and only in that view. something like this

that's it so far, I will continue to test your remote app but I have to say I am really likeing the new one me and you did together.

thanks Richard, hope to hear form you soon as this is a xbmc commander killer app now
(2015-10-13, 22:06)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard, how are you been. I have been playing and love it. great new name to

Just Some things I noticed so far

1. Gold theme does not save keeps reverting back to dynamic when closed and open of the app
2 . There is no blur effect at the top and bottom of bars
3 There is no volume info above the volume slider plus it's not in the same place as the time line slider and jumps when you select either one and does not look right when that happens should be in the same place as the time line slider .
could it look like this

4. When you use the slider to select a part of the time line the time does not change until you lift your finger so there is no way to tell where you are in the time line. Would be useful if you could add that so when you slide the bar the end time changes to the time line time until you let go and reverts back to the time ends. something like this the bottom one is when your scanning with your finger

5. The quick jump letters do not work correctly if you select A then B it jumps to C for some reason. Or if you select I then r instead of r it goes to s. And there are many others
6. No cd art in extra info
7. The scroll speed of the text in the extra info is way to fast and impossible to read.
8. Sometimes the play buttons or the quick jump letters do not respond and you have to touch them twice. Don't know if this is because of a small touch activation area and maybe need to be made bigger just activation area not the images
9. When the movie or show is finished it still displays that fanart for that show or movie. can you revert back to your wallpaper or a user selectable wallpaper when something is finished or not been played
10. option for a 24hour and 12 hour clock

This only happens with TV shows its fine with movies which is strange as it should work, I am using xbmc 12.2.
1. The date seems to move down and to the right and the title is in the centre.
2. The poster does not work in xbmc 12.2 with TV shows but movies it does.

Theme changes
1. Would replace the slider line of the info box with a up and down arrow button button since this is a button style and not a slider menu. I think i sent you that image. something like this

2. I can give you some extra colours I think 4 more will do as there is only two colours that need changing as you know there are only two colours in the gold theme

light Gold colour = cc9018 change to for
Blue = 224f7b
Purple = 624f87
green = 14826d
redish=ab1142

the darker gold colour = bb7a00 change to for
Blue = 1b3f62
Purple = 534373
green = 0d6856
redish= 8a0d35

theres the two colours for the light and dark I hope that's ok

3. Can you have it so the user can decided between series or TV shows. As I like TV shows better than series.
4. Could you have an extra option for the new remote theme to be able to,select how dark or light you can have the wallpaper in the background of the remote. Thanks
5. When you slide the info bar up you can see it under the title bar is there a way to stop that
6. An option so the user can decide not to show the info bar when nothing's playing. So if nothing's playing it can be hidden soon as you select something to play it slides down. This can be an option.
7. power menu instead of saying connected with a tick change that to Selected with a tick as it says connected when the system is actually off and a bit confusing. I think selected sounds better then you can power on or turn off that selected host,
8. in your theme for the remote touch 2 you should let the user be able to add the quick jump buttons to the top of the menu bar as you can not do that at the moment and only in that view. something like this

that's it so far, I will continue to test your remote app but I have to say I am really likeing the new one me and you did together.

thanks Richard, hope to hear form you soon as this is a xbmc commander killer app now

1. Forgot to save that info to local storage. Will be fixed.
2. There is, but the transparent layer on top of it (to make it the gold color or dynamic) is killing the effect.
3. Correct. Moved it more to the top because of the icons on the left and right (mute and 100% volume). It did not look right because the line was not centred any more. It was not bothering me that it was a little bit higher when switching. I don't think people will continuously switch between volume and the time slider.
4. Will put this on the to do list.
5. I have mixed test results with this. Just tested and it worked fine. But I agree I have had also the experience it misses the target letter completely. Can't figure out what is going wrong. I have the feeling it's a problem within Kodi, because I give the same commands all the time.
6. There needs to be a filename cdart.png in the root of the folder where your movie file is.
7. Need to look into this.
8. yes, the buttons are too small, besides the play and pause are two different buttons, making it even harder.
9. Just tested it, works fine over here. When a movie really ends it gives the message nothing is playing. But I think this is because you are using an old version of XBMC. Since Isengard I have noticed the state playing and paused has changed.
10. Will put this on the to do list.

1. Need to check this out.
2. Upgrade to Isengard and it should work fine. I also don't support older versions than gotham anymore :-) You have already ran to this problem earlier.

Theme changes:
1. Sure, can replace it.
2. Will put this on the to do list
3. This will require also lot of changes else where in app. I also know this is an American - English thing :-)
4. I will replace it will the value you can choose in the theme settings.
5. Not without changing the method how to do it. The top bar is now transparent, that's why you see it.
6. Was already playing with this, but removed it because I noticed that with Isengard youhave a lot of state changes. E.g. when going to the next mp3 the state changes to stop....playing. It will then give the effect the bar retracts and goes back again. Found this very annoying.
7. yep, I agree.
8. It will then interfere with the option to have the custom top menu bar displayed. Maybe when the custom top menu bar it's not being displayed I can add the buttons to the top menu bar. Will put it on the list.
(2015-10-12, 22:14)madmartigan57 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all
Very good work @rschiks
Smile

Little bugs for me :

When i use remote touch 2, the http command (url scheme for open another app) in bottom menu bar not work.

In remote control touch 2, for kodi command in bottom menu bar work but if i press the bottom go in menu.

I have fixed the issue that it closes the remote control view.
The other problem is that I now receive an error when opening another url (in my example I use safari://):

failed for URL: "safari://" - error: "This app is not allowed to query for scheme safari"

Some info about this subject:

This seems to be a new "security" feature which prevents that Apps can scan for installed Apps with known custom URL schemes.

http://awkwardhare.com/post/121196006730...me-changes

Apple killed the general usage of it and you now have to whitelist them.
From the Progress option I have copied the progress of your series to the extended info. My intention is to add the plot of the episodes so you can read what the last watched episode was all about.
To be continued.

@rschiks cdart is not working if you have artist name like Beyoncé you will only see default cdart then! I think its the " é "
@rschiks if you play a youtube clip on kodi, remote view is saying nothing is playing at the moment!
(2015-10-14, 18:00)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks cdart is not working if you have artist name like Beyoncé you will only see default cdart then! I think its the " é "

I only do something with a filename called cdart.png

An example:

C:\MP3\Within Temptation\Mother Earth
........................................................\cdart.png
........................................................\Track 1.mp3
........................................................\Track 2.mp3
(2015-10-14, 18:08)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-14, 18:00)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks cdart is not working if you have artist name like Beyoncé you will only see default cdart then! I think its the " é "

I only do something with a filename called cdart.png

An example:

C:\MP3\Within Temptation\Mother Earth
........................................................\cdart.png
........................................................\Track 1.mp3
........................................................\Track 2.mp3
Don't you think the location info gets messed up with the " é " ? Because no album from beyonce was showing the cdart even thou I have them in each album folder and I can see that kodi skin is picking it up and display it
(2015-10-14, 18:08)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks if you play a youtube clip on kodi, remote view is saying nothing is playing at the moment!

Just checked it.....Kodi is saying it's a music video...I was not checking on it...yet. It's fixed now.