Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have finished the Library management options...series, episodes and albums have been added.

Looking good! Any idea yet on how much will the Pro version cost?

Regards,

Bart
(2015-04-06, 15:46)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good! Any idea yet on how much will the Pro version cost?

Regards,

Bart

No, not yet....my first priority is to add a lot of Pro functionality to make it worthwhile. I don't want people to say: "Do you only get this in the Pro version?"
I have lot's of stuff to add, so that's not the problem, but I don't want to focus on the Pro version only. I also want to add new things to the normal version.
I have started on the option Trakt manage lists. It retrieves the current lists from trakt with the items in it. You can add new lists and edit them.
Lists can contain movies, series, episodes, seasons and people.

As you can see in the screenshots you can delete items.
Next step it to add items from within Kodi CC.

The Add to Trakt list is finished. When Trakt is enabled an option is added to the Options menu for that item.

Check out the last option in the screenshot!

I have been playing around with offline caching and started implementing it (still need some time to finish it). This will be the last feature for the next version (1.2). I have to release it at some point, right! :-)

The offline cache will use additional diskspace for the images. Normally Kodi is providing the images, but when offline it's difficult to get them! :-) I didn't want to wait for a time-out until the local cache kicks in, so I have created a separate offline cache for the images.
When offline, it doesn't ask Kodi, it immediately takes it from the local cache.
Of course you need to connect once for the Kodi data to be saved. On every successful connection the returned data will be saved.

Great news! Today I have finished the last new feature for the upcoming version -> offline caching. More work than I expected, pfff.....but it's done.
The in-app purchase is also added and tested, resting me to do two more things....testing and testing :-)
The upcoming weekend I will take time for this and if everything is going well, I will submit it to Apple.

A short overview of the new version:
- Dashboard added (recently added movies, recently added episodes and recently added albums)
- Moviesets
- bugfixes and UI tweaks

And introducing the Pro version:
- A more detailed dashboard (popular movies, series, actors, birthdays, box office numbers, movie news and more)
- TV Tunes support - use the addon TVTunes to download the series tunes and Kodi CC will play the theme when the series is selected
- Library Management - edit/delete items in your library
- Offline caching - when enabled Kodi CC will store the returned Kodi/XBMC information and use it when offline
And....
- Trakt support - login your Trakt account and see your Trakt library in Kodi CC. You have the possibility to change the status (watched/in collection/watchlist), manage lists (create/delete/edit), see your calendar, trending movies/series and more.
Great news indeed! Thank you so much for your continued dedication to this, there is no other KODI remote that comes close!

I am certain that, at least in my case, it won't make sense to use KODI without my iPad! Smile

Regards,

Bart
(2015-04-15, 21:27)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]Great news indeed! Thank you so much for your continued dedication to this, there is no other KODI remote that comes close!

I am certain that, at least in my case, it won't make sense to use KODI without my iPad! Smile

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for the compliment!

And there's still lot's of things to come!
Hi there,
looking forward to 1.2 and i will go for the pro versin as well :-)
short question about the BluRay playback: i would asume that we might see that in version 1.3 or 1.4?
no pressure, only to get my expectations right :-)
Best Regards
(2015-04-17, 07:08)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
looking forward to 1.2 and i will go for the pro versin as well :-)
short question about the BluRay playback: i would asume that we might see that in version 1.3 or 1.4?
no pressure, only to get my expectations right :-)
Best Regards

In version 1.3 I want to change the subtitles selection screen and I will definitely look into the bluray playback.
Version 1.2 has been submitted to Apple. Hopefully it won't take that long before it's available!
The average review time is now around 8 days.
While version 1.2 is in review I have started on version 1.3.
As requested I have changed the subtitles selection menu. I have now placed a button on the bottom of the selection screen.

(2015-04-18, 16:01)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]While version 1.2 is in review I have started on version 1.3.
As requested I have changed the subtitles selection menu. I have now placed a button on the bottom of the selection screen.

Hi there,
in respect of the subtitle this is maybe the wrong place to put it.
imaging BluRays: 16 different subtitle languages, so maybe best to enable/disable Subtitle on the top of the list, instead of scrolling down for disabling :-)
Just a thought
(2015-04-18, 20:41)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-18, 16:01)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]While version 1.2 is in review I have started on version 1.3.

Hi there,
in respect of the subtitle this is maybe the wrong place to put it.
imaging BluRays: 16 different subtitle languages, so maybe best to enable/disable Subtitle on the top of the list, instead of scrolling down for disabling :-)
Just a thought

The list of subtitles is scrolling between the top and bottom thin lines...so the button remains at it's current place :-)