Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ready now or ready for the next release? I can't find any of those options. My version is 2.0. Thanks.
As requested I have added the option hide series/season when completely watched for both the iPhone and iPad version:

(2016-03-07, 17:09)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Ready now or ready for the next release? I can't find any of those options. My version is 2.0. Thanks.

It will be available in version 2.0.2. The version you should have now is 2.0.1.
Hi again...

Thanks for a great app. Got 2.0.1 on my iPad and it works great. Just a little slow when I connect to my big installation Kodi with over 3000 movies, 100 tv-Series and 60.000 songs. Takes a long while to download the pictures for the movies and music. How does the app handle all the posters and artwork, does it download it to the iPad, and how much space does it need?
I love the app so much that I bought the pro version, think economical gratitude has to be shown for such a good app ;-)
Just an other question. If you remember me asking about the Artist tag that was needed to add to be able to see who the artist playing on a compilation was, I have now encountered another problem finding my music thru the search page. I know that you have put a lot of effort in to this app regarding Movies and Tv-Series / PVR, but I really miss the option of Artist search on the search page. Could you please add search of Artist, the same tag as entered under the song Title in my previous request regarding collections and Various Artists appearing beautifully on 2.0.1 (NOT only AlbumArtist, but Artist or Both) ?
On the iphone app the only thing needed is to add the Artist tag into the search that is already there (because when you search for Artist you really search for Albumartist, not perfoming artist). Please add this so that the artist search covers both tags.
People searching for artists need to be able to find the Artist that is the performing artist of a song, not only who is the albumArtist. I would appriciate it emencely if this could be done, just add the artist tag into the existing search and also on the search page....
A final request; Please look into adding the Play in PartyMode option as a second playbutton on the Smart Playlists page.

Thanks in advance.
(2016-03-07, 17:12)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 17:09)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]Ready now or ready for the next release? I can't find any of those options. My version is 2.0. Thanks.

It will be available in version 2.0.2. The version you should have now is 2.0.1.

OK, thanks. Looking forward to the new release. Had to do a manual download to get 2.0.1, but, all is well now. Smile
(2016-03-07, 17:42)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Hi again...
Thanks for a great app. Got 2.0.1 on my iPad and it works great. Just a little slow when I connect to my big installation Kodi with over 3000 movies, 100 tv-Series and 60.000 songs. Takes a long while to download the pictures for the movies and music. How does the app handle all the posters and artwork, does it download it to the iPad, and how much space does it need?
I love the app so much that I bought the pro version, think economical gratitude has to be shown for such a good app ;-)
Just an other question. If you remember me asking about the Artist tag that was needed to add to be able to see who the artist playing on a compilation was, I have now encountered another problem finding my music thru the search page. I know that you have put a lot of effort in to this app regarding Movies and Tv-Series / PVR, but I really miss the option of Artist search on the search page. Could you please add search of Artist, the same tag as entered under the song in the last request and appearing on 2.0.1 (NOT AlbumArtist) as well as the Album tag you already have?
People searching for artists need to be able to find the Artist that is the performing artist of a song, not who is the albumArtist. I would appriciate it emencely if this could be done.... Also please look into adding the Play in PartyMode option as a second playbutton on the Smart Playlists page.

Thanks in advance.

The Movies XL option stores the images (resized) version in memory. Initially this will take a while, but once downloaded it will go a lot faster. All of the images are downloaded and stored as a resized version on the device. I am using a library for that. That library also cleans up images that have not been used for a while.
You can see how much storage an app uses by going to the general settings -> storage & iCloud usage -> manage storage.

The cinemagraphs are downloaded to the tmp folder in the app. When your device needs more space iOS will clean up the tmp folders by itself. You could also force that by going the to maintenance menu option under settings.

This app is using a lot of external images so it can really use a lot of space in time.

On the iPhone I have left out the search in Kodi option with the idea to bring a new feature (in the future and for both the iPhone and iPad) to the menu items it self. My idea was that (in your scenario) when you open music there will be a new button called search in Kodi music library which allows you to search for multiple items (e.g. album name, overview, artist name, song name, etc.). The same for movies, series etc.
(2016-03-07, 19:19)bobrap Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-07, 17:12)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]

OK, thanks. Looking forward to the new release. Had to do a manual download to get 2.0.1, but, all is well now. Smile

I think upcoming weekend I will submit it.
The setting "Only display episodes in database" previously showed the Specials season, even if there was no episode of that special season in your library.

I have now changed that. When set it only shows the seasons from the episodes you have in your library.

And when the setting is not set it will show everything:

Seems like YouTube search, support English only. Is it any option to add russian an hebrew support to search YouTube? Will be greatly appreciated.
And Trakt support for iPhone app will be greatly appreciated.
And group selection for tv channels will be useful.
(2016-03-08, 10:07)stas100 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like YouTube search, support English only. Is it any option to add russian an hebrew support to search YouTube? Will be greatly appreciated.

The youtube menu search option has no language limitation. Or are you talking about the searching for trailers?
(2016-03-08, 10:09)stas100 Wrote: [ -> ]And Trakt support for iPhone app will be greatly appreciated.

This is already on my to do list Big Grin
(2016-03-08, 10:11)stas100 Wrote: [ -> ]And group selection for tv channels will be useful.

Also on my to do list.
(2016-03-07, 19:24)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]The Movies XL option stores the images (resized) version in memory. Initially this will take a while, but once downloaded it will go a lot faster. All of the images are downloaded and stored as a resized version on the device. I am using a library for that. That library also cleans up images that have not been used for a while.
You can see how much storage an app uses by going to the general settings -> storage & iCloud usage -> manage storage.

The cinemagraphs are downloaded to the tmp folder in the app. When your device needs more space iOS will clean up the tmp folders by itself. You could also force that by going the to maintenance menu option under settings.

This app is using a lot of external images so it can really use a lot of space in time.

On the iPhone I have left out the search in Kodi option with the idea to bring a new feature (in the future and for both the iPhone and iPad) to the menu items it self. My idea was that (in your scenario) when you open music there will be a new button called search in Kodi music library which allows you to search for multiple items (e.g. album name, overview, artist name, song name, etc.). The same for movies, series etc.

Thanks.

But please add both artist and albumartist in the search for music so it's possible to find artists playing on collections as well. Got some huge collections and very tiresome to browse thru just to find one song.
And, if you woild be so kind as to make it possible to play smart playlists in partymode on the smart playlist page (add it to the + button for example:- Play/Party Mode)

Cheers!