Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New animated posters and backgrounds have been added to the database: 61 new posters and 8 new backgrounds.
The database now contains 303 animated posters and 517 animated backgrounds of 455 different movies.

Thanks to koufos for the new additions.

This seems great! Thanks.
@rschiks:

Thanks for the app! It is lovely and has some unique functions (most importantly the ability to automatically display fullscreen Music in Kodi when playing!)

I use the app to control music only. Yes there is a separate app for that (MusicRemote for Kodi) but it does not show music in fullscreen on my Kodi-TV and the design is old.

I know you believe a separate app for music only would be better (I agree completely) - But I don't know how to code one - and your app is very good and universal already. So, may I ask you kindly for some improvements? To Make it even more universal:

- toggle fullscreen when Artist is played (most important for me) - At the moment it only toggles for songs and albums - Is there a good reason why Artists are not enabled?

- "list view" for Artists - without pictures - just the Artist name to save some space (second most important)

-"titles" / "songs" view (on iPad with a Button next to Artist and Albums)

- iPad App: Back button on the upper left (just like in your iphone version)

- iPhone App: Ability to hide "movies" and "Series" buttons at the bottom (maybe the option to replace them with "Artists" and "titles")

- ability to hide Artist information from the top (it is taking a lot of space on the small iphone screen

- separate "now playing" Screen in addition to the one in remote control screen (showing a big cover, big controls like in apple stock music app (ios 6 music player was best designed) and some codec information)

I know Im asking a lot. I appreciate your work and would buy the App again - every day!
Thank you in advance!
(2016-04-02, 15:10)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks:

Thanks for the app! It is lovely and has some unique functions (most importantly the ability to automatically display fullscreen Music in Kodi when playing!)

I use the app to control music only. Yes there is a separate app for that (MusicRemote for Kodi) but it does not show music in fullscreen on my Kodi-TV and the design is old.

I know you believe a separate app for music only would be better (I agree completely) - But I don't know how to code one - and your app is very good and universal already. So, may I ask you kindly for some improvements? To Make it even more universal:

- toggle fullscreen when Artist is played (most important for me) - At the moment it only toggles for songs and albums - Is there a good reason why Artists are not enabled?

- "list view" for Artists - without pictures - just the Artist name to save some space (second most important)

- iPhone App: Ability to hide "movies" and "Series" buttons at the bottom (maybe the option to replace them with "Artists" and "titles")

- ability to hide Artist information from the top (it is taking a lot of space on the small iphone screen

- separate "now playing" Screen in addition to the one in remote control screen (showing a big cover, big controls like in apple stock music app (ios 6 music player was best designed) and some codec information)

I know Im asking a lot. I appreciate your work and would buy the App again - every day!
Thank you in advance!

No, just forgot. I already added the code. It will be available in version 2.1.

I will add it to the to do list. I think it's handy for all music views.

This is already on the to do list.

I removed this because some people (including me) think it's a back button, but at some places it's a close button. When you want to leave simply press the menu button. On the iPhone this is a different story. The top menu bar is not there to save space.

Maybe....

- ability to hide Artist information from the top (it is taking a lot of space on the small iPhone screen

My reference model is an iPhone 5(s / SE). The artist info screen only shows the description of the artist and the number of albums. On the reference model there are still 5 lines available for the artist description.

The codec info is on my to do list.
I have added the smart playlists and filter option to the iPhone version. I have renamed Movie Picker to simply Filter, because this is actually what it does Big Grin
When a smart playlist or filters are active the Refresh movies / series will be become All movies (series) - no filter. This will return the initial movies (series)

If one of the filters is active you will see a *

And the filter screen shots:

Thank you very much! Appreciate it!

(2016-04-02, 15:10)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]- iPhone App: Ability to hide "movies" and "Series" buttons at the bottom (maybe the option to replace them with "Artists" and "titles")
(2016-04-02, 17:43)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe....

Pleeeeeease
It could also be changed to a lot of other things - such as Radio or Playlists or Settings or whatever people want to use quickly...
One absolutely awesome feature I saw in another app (MusicRemote for Kodi) was the ability to show only Kodi-music that you also have on your idevice stock music player. This gives you the ability to use your iTunes playlists with Kodi. (low-res recoded music on iPhone - Hi-Res music in Kodi) - Fantastical!
But as I said: your app is still better in a lot of other aspects.

(2016-04-02, 15:10)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]- ability to hide Artist information from the top (it is taking a lot of space on the small iPhone screen
(2016-04-02, 17:43)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]My reference model is an iPhone 5(s / SE). The artist info screen only shows the description of the artist and the number of albums. On the reference model there are still 5 lines available for the artist description.

I use an iphone 6 with display zoom - so usable space is the same as on your reference model. My eyes are just not the best...

If there will be an "list view" option it would make sense disable the description in order to show more songs/albums on one screen.
(at the moment it shows the big albums at the bottom and fits the screen okay) I personally just don't use albums view. A songs view directly behind the artists view (with albums as headers) would be enough for me as it saves one step (its not that pretty without nice pictures though - I know - but it saves time searching for a song in different albums...)

Thanks again!
@wise_rise: just curious, why are you using Kodi as a library for your music collection?

For movies and series (or pictures) I can understand. You sit in front of your screen and going through your library and start it. I don't think you are going to watch the screen seeing music played, so there must be something else.

And by the way, you are not the only one :-)

Just trying to understand it.
(2016-04-03, 08:51)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]@wise_rise: just curious, why are you using Kodi as a library for your music collection?

You sit in front of your screen and going through your library and start it. I don't think you are going to watch the screen seeing music played, so there must be something else.

YES I do exactly that !!!
I love to see the artwork of my music.
All of my precious hi-res music is on the NAS- just as all the movies. Hi-Res files take so much space that I can not store them on my laptops SSD or on the phone. (one song is sometimes over 150 megabytes)

I thought "why using another player /streamer just for music if kodi can show me pretty artwork like that?
It looks professional and it is cheap. A dedicated Streamer with good quality and optical out is a few hundret bucks again (and lacking the visuals).
As a student I don't have that money. My Intel Nuc does everything already.
And you don't have to switch audio inputs at the amplifier if everything comes from one source: Movies, AirPlay and my 3TB Music collection. Very convenient. Very Kodi. Very Kyra

(2016-04-03, 11:36)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 08:51)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]@wise_rise: just curious, why are you using Kodi as a library for your music collection?

You sit in front of your screen and going through your library and start it. I don't think you are going to watch the screen seeing music played, so there must be something else.

All of my precious hi-res music is on the NAS- just as all the movies. Hi-Res files take so much space that I can not store them on my laptops SSD or on the phone. (one song is sometimes over 150 megabytes)

I thought "why using another player /streamer just for music if kodi can show me pretty artwork like that?
It looks professional and it is cheap. A dedicated Streamer with good quality and optical out is a few hundret bucks again (and lacking the visuals).
And you don't have to switch audio inputs at the amplifier if everything comes from one source: Movies, AirPlay and my 3TB Music collection. Very convenient. Very Kodi. Very Kyra

Ok, thanks for the info. I have the feeling you're not alone using Kodi for music in that way.
As requested I have added a search in songs bar to the Music view.
The keywords entered are searched in the song title, but also in the artist name (under the song title).

You can simply enable it via the settings.

(2016-04-03, 13:52)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-04-03, 11:36)wise_rice Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, thanks for the info. I have the feeling you're not alone using Kodi for music in that way.

Here also a huge music collection running on Kodi. So optimizing Kyra for music would be awesome.
The search in songs bar has also been added to the iPhone version:

(2016-04-03, 13:56)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]As requested I have added a search in songs bar to the Music view.
The keywords entered are searched in the song title, but also in the artist name (under the song title).

You can simply enable it via the settings.

Brilliant!!!! Hopes that this covers search in artist and not only album artist. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks a bundle mate Big Grin
(2016-04-06, 16:30)Lappskij Wrote: [ -> ]Image

Brilliant!!!! Hopes that this covers search in artist and not only album artist. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks a bundle mate Big Grin

It searches for the keyword in the title of the song and the artist (the one under the title in the screen shot).
The release notes for version 2.1:

- Music: added "search in album" to album information screen. You can enable it via settings -> general -> music.
- bug fixes

Pro version:
- Movies XL (iPad) and Movies (iPhone): added tags to movie information screen.
- Series XL, Movies XL (iPad) and Series, Movies (iPhone): added smart playlists as a filter.
- Movies XL (iPad) and Movies (iPhone): added advanced filtering. You can now filter on Genre, Tags, Year, Rating, Runtime. It's possible to combine filters.