Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the Pro version I have selected the offline caching but when I load my series it still takes a long time to load is this normal? Do I need to download the list first?
[align=center]
(2015-04-30, 23:26)MrLondon Wrote: [ -> ]in the Pro version I have selected the offline caching but when I load my series it still takes a long time to load is this normal? Do I need to download the list first?

When the offline cache is enabled from that moment on it will save the info. So, yes, you first need to retrieve the series info (and images). Otherwise it will take up a lot of storage (also not fair for the non pro users). The next time Kodi is offline, it will use the cached data.
Another user suggested to make a setting called "prepare offline cache" and give a warning that this will take some storage.
Hi there,
Just purchased the Pro Version and add a review (5 stars) in the apple store.

Some minor things that i found so far:
1) just to be complete: Flat Icon interface to fit IOS8
2) Overall Search: if you set KCC to work with the local DB than Search should work on the local DB only
3) Actors: same here, if KCC is set to work on Local DB only i like to see the movies for this actore that i have stored in kodi
4) all search results shoul display with this setting the NFO information from Kodi and not from the internet
5) with larger collections selecting Movies could take up to 20 Secounds, which may be ok for start, but if you switch between movies and shows, speed do not improve (i would see XBMC Touch as a reference here, you may have a look and compare the speed of several actions). Ipad & Ipad mini newest generation was taken as a reference.

In case you need additional Information pls let me know :-)

As i said these are minor things, overall great work and a very handy Controll Center!

Best Regards
(2015-05-01, 11:49)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
Just purchased the Pro Version and add a review (5 stars) in the apple store.

Some minor things that i found so far:
1) just to be complete: Flat Icon interface to fit IOS8
2) Overall Search: if you set KCC to work with the local DB than Search should work on the local DB only
3) Actors: same here, if KCC is set to work on Local DB only i like to see the movies for this actore that i have stored in kodi
4) all search results shoul display with this setting the NFO information from Kodi and not from the internet
5) with larger collections selecting Movies could take up to 20 Secounds, which may be ok for start, but if you switch between movies and shows, speed do not improve (i would see XBMC Touch as a reference here, you may have a look and compare the speed of several actions). Ipad & Ipad mini newest generation was taken as a reference.

In case you need additional Information pls let me know :-)

As i said these are minor things, overall great work and a very handy Controll Center!

Best Regards

Thanks for the support and your review. Appreciate it a lot!

Where to begin....
1) :-)
Image ImageImage

2,3,4) The Search I use in the app I have written in mind you could search for any movie/series/actor so you could add it to trakt. And of course to just get information. But reading your points I thought why not add a button in the search option (next to movies/series/people) called kodi and when selected, you could do a wide search within Kodi. In combination with your point 5 this is doable. So for example, when you search for the keyword "the" it will return all movies that has the word "the" in it. Or the word "the" in the plot. Series with the word "the" in it. Episodes......
Is that an idea?

5) I agree with you. I was thinking of adding a setting that when set, it will save the movies you have in your library to storage and when movies is selected again, it will use the saved version. And of course the same for series, episodes, albums, etc. In combination with the previous point, I can also use this data for the new search option.
Today I have received the new icons and buttons and have implemented them. This new style will be available in the Pro version.

First the normal style:

And the new style:

I hope you like it. I have made an extra setting that Pro users could also use the old style (in case you don't like the new).
I have finished version 1.3. This version contains the following:
- New flat design icon and splash screen for the App.
- Add-ons option rewritten. You can now browse through the results of the add-ons on your device. A quick selection bar is added. Add and remove your favourite add-ons to the quick selection bar for easy selection.
- bugfixes.

There are two new options added to the Pro version:
- Flat design buttons: enjoy the flat design buttons and restyled remote control.
- Progress: keep track of your series. See in an instance your last watched episode and the next one to watch.

I still need to wait until Apple approves version 1.2.1 before I can submit this version. I think this will be in the next couple of days.
Hi there I have been using xbmc commander for a few years and the support has stoped for this app so I decided to look at other remotes. I have tried every single one and this one shows the most promise.

Its a great app but I was wanting to ask if you take suggestions on helping to improve the app, I also use Photoshop as I am a member of fanart website and create a lot of disc art and upload it so if you need any help on the gfx I hope I can help.

just a couple of suggestions

1. When you add a device could you add 2 mac address to wake 2 pc's at the same time using the wake by mac address as i have a server which i also wake at the same time as my front end pc as this would be great if you could add that option as I am still having to revert back to my old remote to do this.

2. could you add movie sets to movies menu as I find it abit out of place as a separate menu.

just a couple of things I am trying it out and would like to help you improve the remote

thanks
Hi there I was thinking of something like this for the banner view you have the normal banner view on the left that scrolls up and down and when you select a banner it has a info page on the right which displays the seasons.

The seasons scroll left to right and then when you select one it brings up the episode thumbs and info.

these 2 pictures are just a quick example

the layout could be better but its just a quick mock up to show you what I mean I hope you like it

here's a complete redesign similar to yours but a different colour. there is more work to be done on it but if your not interested I will leave it at that but if you want to look into it so that the remote to look like it I can tweak it but I will see what you say first

cheers
Hi there,
the light layout looks quite nice, great work :-)
my 2 cents: remove the orange and use the same tranparent grey, content/plot also with black font on white.
But as i said just my 2 cents
Best Regards
(2015-05-03, 23:18)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there I have been using xbmc commander for a few years and the support has stoped for this app so I decided to look at other remotes. I have tried every single one and this one shows the most promise.

Its a great app but I was wanting to ask if you take suggestions on helping to improve the app, I also use Photoshop as I am a member of fanart website and create a lot of disc art and upload it so if you need any help on the gfx I hope I can help.

just a couple of suggestions

1. When you add a device could you add 2 mac address to wake 2 pc's at the same time using the wake by mac address as i have a server which i also wake at the same time as my front end pc as this would be great if you could add that option as I am still having to revert back to my old remote to do this.

2. could you add movie sets to movies menu as I find it abit out of place as a separate menu.

just a couple of things I am trying it out and would like to help you improve the remote

thanks

Hi! Welcome! :-)

Adding a second mac address is no problem. I will do that for the next version (1.4).

In the beginning I was thinking to add movie sets as a view to movies, but decided not to do it. With a separate menu option I now have the possibility to create alternate views for the movie sets alone.
(2015-05-04, 00:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there I was thinking of something like this for the banner view you have the normal banner view on the left that scrolls up and down and when you select a banner it has a info page on the right which displays the seasons.

The seasons scroll left to right and then when you select one it brings up the episode thumbs and info.

these 2 pictures are just a quick example

the layout could be better but its just a quick mock up to show you what I mean I hope you like it

cheers

I definitely like it! :-)
How do you return to the seasons again, once a season is selected?
(2015-05-04, 00:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]here's a complete redesign similar to yours but a different colour. there is more work to be done on it but if your not interested I will leave it at that but if you want to look into it so that the remote to look like it I can tweak it but I will see what you say first

cheers

The orange thing is not really my thing, but for now I can add this layout as another view and use the normal colours.
When other colours are introduced I think I should make it possible to select other themes in the App. I am not negative about this.
Looks like a promising app! Do you plan to integrate the Kodi PVR part? If so, please don't forget to support the Radio tag.
Hi all thanks for the input.

@rschiks
I am very happy you are are open minded and would love to help with your project I was going to do my own but I don't understand the programing side of it so that was out the window and always wanted to help someone with some of my ideas, if your willing I would like to help out and make this app a kick ass app not that it already is .

here is something I was playing with today as I took on board what you said about the colours and changed them to the blue colour as your remote uses them more and added some other features and layouts that might tickle your fancy.

here is the Season View suggestion

The banners scroll up and down as normal
The posters scroll left to right
The info bar of the show scrolls automatically if the text is larger than the box

and when you hit one of the season posters it changes to this view the episode view.

the episodes scroll up and down showing more info about the show that is highlighted, you can also see a watched symbol of the left top corner of the thumb so you know if you have watched it or not.

to go back to seasons you could have three choices you can hit the banner, fanart or poster image to take you back to season view

I hope you like the suggestions and looking forward to you input

thanks

og just a couple of ipad shots to show what it looks like on the ipad

(2015-05-04, 12:18)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all thanks for the input.

@rschiks
I am very happy you are are open minded and would love to help with your project I was going to do my own but I don't understand the programing side of it so that was out the window and always wanted to help someone with some of my ideas, if your willing I would like to help out and make this app a kick ass app not that it already is .

here is something I was playing with today as I took on board what you said about the colours and changed them to the blue colour as your remote uses them more and added some other features and layouts that might tickle your fancy.

here is the Season View suggestion

The banners scroll up and down as normal
The posters scroll left to right
The info bar of the show scrolls automatically if the text is larger than the box

and when you hit one of the season posters it changes to this view the episode view.

the episodes scroll up and down showing more info about the show that is highlighted, you can also see a watched symbol of the left top corner of the thumb so you know if you have watched it or not.

to go back to seasons you could have three choices you can hit the banner, fanart or poster image to take you back to season view

I hope you like the suggestions and looking forward to you input

thanks

og just a couple of ipad shots to show what it looks like on the ipad

Well, you definitely gave me a lot of ideas. Especially the top menu button bar.
So I suggest the following: in version 1.4 I will add the 2nd MAC address, some views that are still in my mind, some new features and your 2 new views. I will do this first in the default colours. I think the colour thing is for a new theme. And you have now the series screens, but there are still a lot of other menu options. So doing this all takes a lot of time.

You could help me with the new menu bar, if you like. In the mean time I can do the programming for the new views.