Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great remote app for Kodi!

I mainly use my Kodi box as TV, is there a way to display Live TV channels on start?
(2016-09-06, 11:03)pauliu Wrote: [ -> ]Great remote app for Kodi!

I mainly use my Kodi box as TV, is there a way to display Live TV channels on start?

I can add it to the display on start (general settings) in an update.
(2016-09-06, 11:29)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-06, 11:03)pauliu Wrote: [ -> ]Great remote app for Kodi!

I can add it to the display on start (general settings) in an update.

That will be great!
Hi all,

@rschiks : New idea : have possibility to save configuration. Exemple: I change my ipad 3 with an Ipad pro and it's long for re-configuration for the new ipad. Exemple: send configuration in dropbox or in personal email, and restore in configuration of Kyra, it's good idea no?

Good day for you.
(2016-09-08, 13:36)madmartigan57 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

@rschiks : New idea : have possibility to save configuration. Exemple: I change my ipad 3 with an Ipad pro and it's long for re-configuration for the new ipad. Exemple: send configuration in dropbox or in personal email, and restore in configuration of Kyra, it's good idea no?

Good day for you.

Why not use the backup/restore method Apple is providing?
rschiks, do you think you can add this feature? In plex you can for instance have music files together with musicvideos in same folder. If you have same file name on both the music and the video then plex will map the video to the music and you can either play the music only or you can start to show the musicvideo from your plex app.
It would be wonderful if same thing was added into Kyra, don't you think?
(2016-09-10, 09:05)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]rschiks, do you think you can add this feature? In plex you can for instance have music files together with musicvideos in same folder. If you have same file name on both the music and the video then plex will map the video to the music and you can either play the music only or you can start to show the musicvideo from your plex app.

Play on the device or on Kodi?
(2016-09-10, 15:13)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 09:05)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]rschiks, do you think you can add this feature? In plex you can for instance have music files together with musicvideos in same folder. If you have same file name on both the music and the video then plex will map the video to the music and you can either play the music only or you can start to show the musicvideo from your plex app.

Both if possible?
rschiks, in Plex when you have a musicvideo for the particular music, it will show a TV icon next to play button and If you click on that TV icon, the musicvideo will start instead.
(2016-09-10, 15:16)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:13)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]

Both if possible?

iOS doesn't play all formats, Kodi does, so playing on Kodi should not be that difficult.
For playing on the device I need to implement a new library. Something I had in earlier, but due to the whole Dolby Digital patent issues I removed it. However, since iOS 9.3 Apple bought that license :-)
(2016-09-10, 15:35)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:16)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:13)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]Play on the device or on Kodi?

Both if possible?

iOS doesn't play all formats, Kodi does, so playing on Kodi should not be that difficult.
For playing on the device I need to implement a new library. Something I had in earlier, but due to the whole Dolby Digital patent issues I removed it. However, since iOS 9.3 Apple bought that license :-)

Oh I see! Well most important would be to have possibility to play on Kodi, if you can play it on the device then its just bonus...
(2016-09-10, 15:42)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:35)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:16)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Both if possible?

Oh I see! Well most important would be to have possibility to play on Kodi, if you can play it on the device then its just bonus...

I will put it on the to do list.
rschiks, btw I have Iphone 6S Plus and I bought your app but I have some difficulties to jump to different letters when running music. When I click on different letters nothing happens. Do I need to activate something?

[EDIT] it seems that for movies it works
rschiks, another thing I think is good to have is to let user change sort order for music to include "latest added music to the folder" and it would also be good to have search bar even when you are in a artist view. Sometimes you want to search for a specific song from artist view where only a specific artist is selected

Last Played would be also good to have, I think you have all these with movies...
(2016-09-10, 15:44)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:42)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-09-10, 15:35)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]iOS doesn't play all formats, Kodi does, so playing on Kodi should not be that difficult.

I will put it on the to do list.
Oh thanks a lot! That would be wonderful to have Smile I believe many other will also enjoy it!