Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Richard,
have you reviewed the possibility to switch off any online lookup and stay on the local DB for search, Artist (and the movies/shows that are in local store) and display only the local plot content ?
Would be great to have such a switch for people that like to use the local infor only.
f.e.
if you touch the artist so see the movies i would like to see the movies that i have in the local db (different title) and the plot from kodi.
right now i have the result of a online lookup and i can not select a movie and play it.
Best Regards
(2015-05-09, 08:16)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard,
have you reviewed the possibility to switch off any online lookup and stay on the local DB for search, Artist (and the movies/shows that are in local store) and display only the local plot content ?
Would be great to have such a switch for people that like to use the local infor only.
f.e.
if you touch the artist so see the movies i would like to see the movies that i have in the local db (different title) and the plot from kodi.
right now i have the result of a online lookup and i can not select a movie and play it.
Best Regards

Yes, I have looked into that. I have put it on my to do list. It will be either in the next version or the version after that. But I definitely will add this option.
(2015-05-05, 10:34)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be the best I guess if you skip the step PVR and add the two options TV and Radio to the main menu. When you select said item a grid view with the channel logo's (and the name of the channel below each logo) appear. When you tap a logo, the channel starts playing.

Do you think that is possible to integrate?

@McYoshi: I have added the TV & Radio menu options. A simple grid view, when tapped it will start the channel. Both options will be available in version 1.4.

As requested I have added the possibility to wake up an additional host:

(2015-05-09, 16:00)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-05, 10:34)McYoshi Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be the best I guess if you skip the step PVR and add the two options TV and Radio to the main menu. When you select said item a grid view with the channel logo's (and the name of the channel below each logo) appear. When you tap a logo, the channel starts playing.

Do you think that is possible to integrate?

@McYoshi: I have added the TV & Radio menu options. A simple grid view, when tapped it will start the channel. Both options will be available in version 1.4.

You're awesome! Thanks!
For the Pro version I have added Cinema Experience support (link).

This can be enabled via the settings.

When enabled the option "Play with Cinema Experience" in the play menu will appear. When selected, the add-on Cinema Experience will be executed.

A new series view request has been added:

A new movies view request has been added:

Hi Team,

i just installed the app and payed for the PRO version and thus far very impressed the things i am missing so far

1. search movies from other views (selecting carrousel does not display the search bar, maybe swipe down?)

2. we have some local playlists in kodi but i can't seem to select them .. i can only create playlist from the app

Thanks for an awesome remote, after xbmc commander, them xbmcee this is totally a refreshing experience
(2015-05-10, 17:32)Njaynl Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Team,

i just installed the app and payed for the PRO version and thus far very impressed the things i am missing so far

1. search movies from other views (selecting carrousel does not display the search bar, maybe swipe down?)

2. we have some local playlists in kodi but i can't seem to select them .. i can only create playlist from the app

Thanks for an awesome remote, after xbmc commander, them xbmcee this is totally a refreshing experience

Hi,

Well, I am not a team, just one person! :-)

First of all: thanks for buying the Pro version! really appreciate it!

1. At the time I created the view I didn't think you want to search in a view like that. And the lack of space made that decision final. Of course technically it's possible. I will look into the option of adding a search bar. Maybe I will put the name of the movie on the background image itself. I have then some additional space.

2. The playlists in the app are the default ones when you select a movie (or song) and add it to the queue. You're talking about smart playlists. As far as I know there is no API call (yet) to retrieve them using the normal get playlists call.
However, it is possible to return the lists using a different method. I know they are just files. I have just created a playlist myself and was able to retrieve it. The downside of this method is adding/remove items. Now I can just play a smart playlist. Nothing more.
looking good mate I just bought your app to, I'm still designing lol
(2015-05-10, 20:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]looking good mate I just bought your app to, I'm still designing lol

Great! Thanks!

Looking forward to your "final" design :-)
Me to I Have had many sleepless nights trying to get the perfect design. it isn't easy on such a small screen lol
(2015-05-10, 22:40)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Me to I Have had many sleepless nights trying to get the perfect design. it isn't easy on such a small screen lol

:-) I have also learned that at one point you should release 1.0. There are always improvements to make....it never stops.
Another request: in the albums option you can now sort by artist.