Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not recall if that is how Richard implemented it, but in Kodi there is a command to turn subtitles on/off and another to activate the "next" subtitle (this does the cycling).
you could add that command using the commands side menu bar ?
Yes, that would work just fine, thanks!
(2015-06-01, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I do not recall if that is how Richard implemented it, but in Kodi there is a command to turn subtitles on/off and another to activate the "next" subtitle (this does the cycling).

There is a command showsubtitles and nextsubtitle. That should do the trick. See post 466 for the commands.
(2015-06-01, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]I do not recall if that is how Richard implemented it, but in Kodi there is a command to turn subtitles on/off and another to activate the "next" subtitle (this does the cycling).

BTW: there is a button for the subtitles. You can disable/enable subtitles and select subtitles from a list. Faster than cycling through them, or not?
Richard what about when you press the subtitles button at the bottom of the remote it brings up a
Little box window hovering above the subtitles button with the available subtitles for that video and a on and off included in that list all in the same little box menu ? Would be better than a cycle button but I don't know if it's possible to read the video that's playing and displaying the available subtitles to select on the remote. If not I would just tick to the user commands menu for adding that cycle subtitles button.

Just a thought.
(2015-06-02, 08:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Richard what about when you press the subtitles button at the bottom of the remote it brings up a
Little box window hovering above the subtitles button with the available subtitles for that video and a on and off included in that list all in the same little box menu ? Would be better than a cycle button but I don't know if it's possible to read the video that's playing and displaying the available subtitles to select on the remote. If not I would just tick to the user commands menu for adding that cycle subtitles button.

Just a thought.

What you describe is already in place. For the default remote control view and the new one.
Excellent, thanks!
(2015-06-02, 08:12)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-02, 08:08)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Richard what about when you press the subtitles button at the bottom of the remote it brings up a

Just a thought.

What you describe is already in place. For the default remote control view and the new one.

Thanks just tried it and it works so I don't understand the request by bsoriano to add this if it's already there or am I missing something.
No, my bad, I had not tried it. Sorry about that.

Regards,

Bart
Been working on a couple of button menu bar ideas at the bottom as I love my design posted on here but I think Richard wanted a single colour bar so been playing around as I think in the new theme there's going to be two styles of menu bar at the bottom to try and help people decide what they like a split colour bar or single colour bar option it's proven to be a pain as when multiple colour themes come into play they both need to work with different colours without making the text unreadable but I think I have cracked it.
Meridius,

Screenshots please? Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
Will do soon as I have done it
just a sample of three but still like the split colour bar the best

Looking good! I like the middle example the best (of course, that is just my personal preference). Thank you Meridius!

Regards,

Bart