Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-06-14, 13:19)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@meridius

Do you think there is headroom for label in music view? i.e Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment etc..
Or perhaps it might get to messy

to much I think the 4 buttons covers about everything

you have

album
year
artist
genres

I think that covers everything you will ever need. I think it would be a right pain to program everything in for label view, your best bet is to ask Richard as I do just the design side but its his app, I could do a button for it but he would have to do all the hard work programing it in so its up to him so you need to ask Richard.
You are absolutely right ! Having these four categories are sufficient to cover everyone's needs with these visual icones. What I thought about was information that appears on the album , just like you show for the selected artist. The label info can be pulled out from the mp3 tag together with album info.
I am not to sure how that works as I think the remote can only pull info that kodi supports, so its a Richard question.
From post 627 It seems that there is albumlabel support. Well anyway this is just ideas, as you said Richard decide what he wants to be visual.
(2015-06-14, 15:34)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]From post 627 It seems that there is albumlabel support. Well anyway this is just ideas, as you said Richard decide what he wants to be visual.

You are correct about the property albumlabel, just checked it.
Hi Richard so should I add a 5th button ?

Where's the update come on Apple hear me roar. Lol
(2015-06-14, 16:21)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Richard so should I add a 5th button ?

Where's the update come on Apple hear me roar. Lol

Reading back I don't think Goliath2000 is talking about a 5th button, but rather extra information, the album label.
@meridius,
it's just an info that comes with the album description no need of an icon or possibility to sort.
So it's a album label artwork to be displayed you mean ? If so where could you get all the artwork for them ?
(2015-06-14, 17:10)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]So it's a album label artwork to be displayed you mean ? If so where could you get all the artwork for them ?

No, it's just something like

Label: Warner Bros.
Ah ok in text format. I could remove tha date in The track list as I do have it twice on the same screen so it could be added but it's up to you Richard if you want to add that in the new views I am doing.
(2015-06-14, 17:30)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok in text format. I could remove tha date in The track list as I do have it twice on the same screen so it could be added but it's up to you Richard if you want to add that in the new views I am doing.

Sure, it's a good place for it.
Remember that not everyone have added this info into their Music files, so It means that usually this particular field might be empty
(2015-06-14, 17:35)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Remember that not everyone have added this info into their Music files, so It means that usually this particular field might be empty

I will check for that. When it's empty, it won't be displayed.
Yep got you but since it's at the end of the artists name it will not matter if there is no field as it will not make any difference to the layout or view and would still look good if there's no field.

Will post image later