Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pm send the app look good
(2015-01-30, 16:32)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]I have uploaded the first build to Apple's testflight system. The app gets a full review first. After being approved, the build can be sent to other testers. My wife will be the first tester :-)

Is there someone who would like to beta test this app? If so, please send me a pm.

Very interested also. PM sent. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
A very handy feature :-) I have added a link to movie/series/episode feature to the files option. You can replace any folder/file with your selected item. I think the screenshots will show what I mean.

The first build is now approved by Apple and available for testing. if you are interested, please send me a pm.
Great news. My hauppauge TV card is working! I am already able to get the channels and retrieve the epg data! :-)
hello rschiks

It looks very promising,

i would directly buy it and replace official xbmc remote if direct access to my favourites will be possible. I havent seen on screenshots something like that. Have you planned a feature like this? Also a fast switch between different KODI Installations would be nice.
(2015-02-05, 12:43)stricher Wrote: [ -> ]hello rschiks

It looks very promising,

i would directly buy it and replace official xbmc remote if direct access to my favourites will be possible. I havent seen on screenshots something like that. Have you planned a feature like this? Also a fast switch between different KODI Installations would be nice.

Hi!

I have just played around with favourites. The API for favourites is only available since Gotham (13). tried it and it works. The API does not give that much information about favourites: a path to the source file, thumbnail and a title.

How would you like to see this implemented then?
- A menu option called Favourites and lists all your favourites and you can play it from here?
- Or integrated in the movies/series/episodes views? like an filter.

And BTW: you don't have to buy it. It's gonna be free. I am hoping to get some donations to continue developing it.
hello rschiks,

nice to hear that.

From my side i would prefer the menu-option - thumbnail and title are enough i think. But a selection/configuration, which favourite can been seen and which not would be perfect. Thats is why i(and others too) created some of the favourites just to easily add Menu- and Submenu-Items for skin. I would be delighted if those favourites could be deselected in remote app.

Regards,

Jan
Ok, so I will make a new menu option and I will add it as a filter.

There is no API call available to remove a favourite item. Just get them and add one (as far as I can see). Of course in the app I can "forget" it.
ben using it for a few days and work great no crash and get the work down, nice job a lot of options
It's a start, so still a lot to do.

Hi there,
thanks for the testflight invitation and the app looks quite nice.
my main problem here is:
as i mentioned the kodi lib is quite big, everything is scrapped with mediaelch, poster, extraarts etc. are stored locally incl. the nfo files.
plot & outline is scrapped in german.

and here is the problem:
Kodi Control center connects to Kodi, but display the english content for plot & outline (inside kodi everthing is in german!)
Poster and artworks stuck on downloading, no image where displayed, i keep the ipad running (turn of automatic logoff) over night with a 200Mbit internetconnection, today in the morning, still no images

I would propose that you take the content for the app from the local kodi installation and NOT from the internet, startup is too slow, display of images might be different what the user choose with tools like Mediaelch and user settings aka languages will be respected.

Comments to the GUI:
the menue items should be part of configuration, so all menue items could be hidden or shown. Many people do not want albums or episodes, or files to be displayed.
Overall: the app looks quite different from the usual once (falt design), i know thats very personal question of taste, but i would vote for a smoother integration into the overall ios8 gui.

Thats all so far :-)
Best Regards
HI,

Thx for testing.

Perhaps it's an idea a setting is being introduced that local artwork stored is used. One side affect is that when the fan art option is used and a new background, poster, etc is set... local artwork is ignored. Kodi/XBMC stores the url and doesn't download it locally.
In your scenario you will see that when you select a new poster, background, etc it will be shown in the app.

When the Kodi/XBMC library is read within the app I made a design decision that when a movie/series is selected I will retrieve the most up-to-date information from the internet. Getting the latest info from internet has a lot of advantages. With series you will immediately see if new episodes are available, screenshots, air time, etc. Kodi/XBMC only retrieves the information for the items you have in your library at the time you imported the items in the database, so you could miss entire seasons. This is also why you see the overview in english again. I am getting it from themoviedb.org/thetvdb.com. With series theoretically it could be possible that old info will be in German (because you have changed it) and new added items in English (because it's not translated yet). I think you can guess why I have chosen one language.

The looks of an app are always personally. It will be very boring if all apps look the same :-)

The configurable menu is on my to do list. You were not the only one who asked for this feature :-)

Richard

(2015-02-07, 11:05)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
thanks for the testflight invitation and the app looks quite nice.
my main problem here is:
as i mentioned the kodi lib is quite big, everything is scrapped with mediaelch, poster, extraarts etc. are stored locally incl. the nfo files.
plot & outline is scrapped in german.

and here is the problem:
Kodi Control center connects to Kodi, but display the english content for plot & outline (inside kodi everthing is in german!)
Poster and artworks stuck on downloading, no image where displayed, i keep the ipad running (turn of automatic logoff) over night with a 200Mbit internetconnection, today in the morning, still no images

I would propose that you take the content for the app from the local kodi installation and NOT from the internet, startup is too slow, display of images might be different what the user choose with tools like Mediaelch and user settings aka languages will be respected.

Comments to the GUI:
the menue items should be part of configuration, so all menue items could be hidden or shown. Many people do not want albums or episodes, or files to be displayed.
Overall: the app looks quite different from the usual once (falt design), i know thats very personal question of taste, but i would vote for a smoother integration into the overall ios8 gui.

Thats all so far :-)
Best Regards
Hi Rschiks,
thanks for the comments.
No Problem for me if you like to go that way and choose to lookup the information from the net. That may work for other people but not for me.
i like to be in controll what language is displayed, what episodes and movies are scrapped. Kodi is set to scrapp local information only and everything will be scrapped outside of Kodi.
Thats an official option in Kodi and sometimes worth doing.
so there will be no episode/movie/etc. in Kodi that where not scrapped before.

Saying that i wish you all the best for the app and maybe i will review it again.
Best Regards

PS: pls review the poster download, 6 - 8 hour spinning whell and no posters in the app are not so nice, especially if the isp connectivity should do the trick here :-)
(2015-02-07, 12:47)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rschiks,
thanks for the comments.
No Problem for me if you like to go that way and choose to lookup the information from the net. That may work for other people but not for me.
i like to be in controll what language is displayed, what episodes and movies are scrapped. Kodi is set to scrapp local information only and everything will be scrapped outside of Kodi.
Thats an official option in Kodi and sometimes worth doing.
so there will be no episode/movie/etc. in Kodi that where not scrapped before.

Saying that i wish you all the best for the app and maybe i will review it again.
Best Regards

PS: pls review the poster download, 6 - 8 hour spinning whell and no posters in the app are not so nice, especially if the isp connectivity should do the trick here :-)

Hi,

I have just created an new build in which the local posters, background, etc can be used.
If you still would like to test if that problem is solved.

I am not saying it's not possible to use the local stored info. But what to do with the newer items, for example new episodes?
Or would you rather have the option that what's in your database should be displayed and nothing more?

Richard