Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
an option where the user could choose to display Kodi DB only (or look up the information on the net) would be great.
By doing that the App gives the user the same choice like Kodi does.
pls keep in mind that for huge libs (5000 and more movies) you usually dont want to do a scrapp online everytime, you just take what you got in your local db :-)
I will check the new version and let you know.
Best Regards
Hi there,
i just checked the new version:
1) Posters & Banners are now displaying and taking the amount of movies into account faster than the first version ( still slower than f.e. XBMC touch), but better
2) Movie information "window": from my understanding the plot should have a bit more room, stats like votes, last watched, etc takes 50% of the windows, which seems at least from my understanding too much
3) BluRay Playback:
a) if you press play kodi tries to play the movie in bR Menue modes, which fails 99% of the time, Here it would be better if you either bive choices to play in Menue Mode or Play the movie stream directly.
b) subtiles: i would suggest that you place the enable disable checkmarks for subtitels at the top of the list, some BR have 16 different subtitles and to disable you have to scroll to the end of the list.
c) why you have 2 checkmarks enable and disable subtitles? sufficient would be one or do i miss something here?
4) Serie/Episodes: would be nice to havae a poster view as well
5) information on episode (aka plot) should have more room, at least from my point of view
Thats all for the first couple of minutes :-)
Best Regards
(2015-02-07, 14:01)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
i just checked the new version:
1) Posters & Banners are now displaying and taking the amount of movies into account faster than the first version ( still slower than f.e. XBMC touch), but better
2) Movie information "window": from my understanding the plot should have a bit more room, stats like votes, last watched, etc takes 50% of the windows, which seems at least from my understanding too much
3) BluRay Playback:
a) if you press play kodi tries to play the movie in bR Menue modes, which fails 99% of the time, Here it would be better if you either bive choices to play in Menue Mode or Play the movie stream directly.
b) subtiles: i would suggest that you place the enable disable checkmarks for subtitels at the top of the list, some BR have 16 different subtitles and to disable you have to scroll to the end of the list.
c) why you have 2 checkmarks enable and disable subtitles? sufficient would be one or do i miss something here?
4) Serie/Episodes: would be nice to havae a poster view as well
5) information on episode (aka plot) should have more room, at least from my point of view
Thats all for the first couple of minutes :-)
Best Regards

Thanks for the feedback. I am almost finished with the live tv option. Then I will continue with the favourites option. After that I'll start working on your list :-)
The Live TV option with EPG is finished:

A requested feature...

The requested feature Favourites is now added:

And a new series view has been added:

Hi there,
new functions look great.
my only problem is now that i can not update the app over testflight.
i always receive the error: App could not be loaded, after several tries still the same msg. i will try next weekend, maybe with more luck.
Thanks for all your effort
(2015-02-08, 22:03)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,
i always receive the error: App could not be loaded, after several tries still the same msg. i will try next weekend, maybe with more luck.

There are more people having issues installing the app via testflight. Can't figure out why.
(2015-02-08, 22:50)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-08, 22:03)Linusorg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there,

There are more people having issues installing the app via testflight. Can't figure out why.

The latest build is installing again....have recreated some things. Why is was broken in the first place.....I have no idea! :-)
Hi Rschiks,

Thanks for the beta.
Having issues using Live TV. It loads for ages and then when it show the EPG data the app is unresponsive even the iPad mini (8.1.3) is slow. I have to close the app.
How can I send you the necessary logs?

I am using KODI 14.1 with the Argus TV server v2.3 as backend.
(2015-02-10, 20:51)opeters Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Rschiks,

Thanks for the beta.
Having issues using Live TV. It loads for ages and then when it show the EPG data the app is unresponsive even the iPad mini (8.1.3) is slow. I have to close the app.
How can I send you the necessary logs?

I am using KODI 14.1 with the Argus TV server v2.3 as backend.

Does kodi itself work fine with loading the data and displaying it?
But the EPG data is finally loaded and displayed in the app?
Kodi is working fine. Eventually the EPG data is displayed but the app is unresponsive.
Ok, how many channels and days in your epg timeline have you configured?

It seems the data is coming back, although very slow. I am curious if it's the amount of data, so channels and number of days could be an issue. I guess I have redesign some code then :-)

I have tested with 20 channels and around 3 days epg data.
Same here. About 20 channels and 3 days of epg data.