Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kyra for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looking good Richard, I like it.

here's the letters and numbera at the side it will scroll up and down to show more letters and there is a A-Z Index button at the top left to turn it on and off

is this better ?

(2015-07-05, 18:45)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]looking good Richard, I like it.

here's the letters and numbera at the side it will scroll up and down to show more letters and there is a A-Z Index button at the top left to turn it on and off

is this better ?

Wonderful! Very good! I like it a lot!
@rschiks, so what do you say about meridus latest design? Do you think this will be doable from a programming point of view?
I saw that you implemented star(s) instead of using a number. Did you like it?

@merdius this was how I meant with the stars, see post #915 from rschiks. He have already implemented in his latest work.
tried a transparent and blur effect on the track lists, this is very hard to do in a paint program so I am going to wait until Richard programs it in and set it tp solid and hopfully he can send some screen shots with different blur and fade settings and we all can pick one as it should look better with software blur and fade effects. but in this image you get the idea.

just out of interest which is best solid or transparent with blur

(2015-07-05, 19:29)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks, so what do you say about meridus latest design? Do you think this will be doable from a programming point of view?

@merdius this was how I meant with the stars, see post #915 from rschiks. He have already implemented in his latest work.

I like the single star rating with the number but if you want to rate things it could be a push button and then have 10 stars to rate it then it goes back to a single star if you know what I mean
its just the space causing the problems.

what about having 2 sets of ratings ? do you want 10 or 5 star
@meridius, I prefer transparent with blur, but since it will be with different fade settings then hopefully everyone will be happy Smile
btw, very good that you added repeat button or is that shuffle? Why not having both since this is fundamental settings in all music apps.
(2015-07-05, 19:42)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-05, 19:29)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]@rschiks, so what do you say about meridus latest design? Do you think this will be doable from a programming point of view?

I like the single star rating with the number but if you want to rate things it could be a push button and then have 10 stars to rate it then it goes back to a single star if you know what I mean
its just the space causing the problems.

what about having 2 sets of ratings ? do you want 10 or 5 star

No problem! I understand! So far everything looks perfect! I just give ideas to create a discussion.
You are probably right about the space, its good as it is right now! Too much information is not good either, then the music view will become too messy, which is not what we want.
heres what it would look like with two sets of star ratings do you think its ok looking like that

also added repeat button as requested

you have to remember the top info bar is designed for other views such as movies and tv shows this is why I don't want to change it to much eg.

banner view not finished but just a quick look at where I am going with it and how the top bar is designed to work with all views.

movie view

as you can see it all flows together with different views and hopefully makes life easier for Richard once the frame work is set. remember the tv and movie views are not done its just a quick peak of how it all works together .

heres the A-Z index bar across the top I think I will ask Richard when he comes to program it to have a user option for a top or side view option so the user can pick as it seems people like both and are split since both go well into the design might as well make it a user choise option.

yes, most of it is doable. I already experimented a little bit. When an album is selected I can move the album to the first row and to lower the album a little bit (as in the screen shots).
As far as the blur effects, there are few standard effects available (dark and light).

I also have some bad news. The api does not return the folder of the album. So I am not getting a location back for the cdart.
Only songs do have that property (for the audio library that is).
if the cdart can not be done that's fine Richard it was just eye candy if it worked great but without the cdart it still looks good.

is it the file names it can not find for the cdart ?
(2015-07-05, 20:20)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]if the cdart can not be done that's fine Richard it was just eye candy if it worked great but without the cdart it still looks good.

is it the file names it can not find for the cdart ?

No, it's not the files. Just like the series I need a folder so that I can append theme.mp3 later. Kodi returns for a series the folder, for example E:\Series\Banshee. I can easily append theme.mp3.
But Kodi doesn't has the ability to return a folder for an album. It's not there :-(
Ok no problem. No cdart will remove from design.
(2015-07-05, 20:30)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not the files. Just like the series I need a folder so that I can append theme.mp3 later. Kodi returns for a series the folder, for example E:\Series\Banshee. I can easily append theme.mp3.
But Kodi doesn't has the ability to return a folder for an album. It's not there :-(

rschiks but if you can do it for songs, can't you force a readout from the first song in that album, For example "Z:\Musics\A\Adele\21 Deluxe edition\Adele - Rumour has it.mp3" and then assume that the cdart is located within 21 Deluxe edition which will be "Z:\Musics\A\Adele\21 Deluxe edition\cdart.png" ?

EDIT: I mean when you play a song, at the same time you will get the location and then have the possibility to find the cdart for that album!?
(2015-07-05, 21:24)Goliath2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-05, 20:30)rschiks Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's not the files. Just like the series I need a folder so that I can append theme.mp3 later. Kodi returns for a series the folder, for example E:\Series\Banshee. I can easily append theme.mp3.

rschiks but if you can do it for songs, can't you force a readout from the first song in that album, For example "Z:\Musics\A\Adele\21 Deluxe edition\Adele - Rumour has it.mp3" and then assume that the cdart is located within 21 Deluxe edition which will be "Z:\Musics\A\Adele\21 Deluxe edition\cdart.png" ?

That's possible. It has has several potential problems: what if you have a double cd and have split the cd's in another subfolder....Z:\Musics\A\Adele\21 Deluxe edition\cd1\Adele - Rumour has it.mp3.

Another problem could be that you don't put mp3's in a seperate album folder, but in a folder called after the artist name. Kodi retrieves the albumartist from the mp3, so it knows the album and can match mp3's itself. No need for an album folder.